Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Patriots: Projected Starting 2011 Offence

QB - Tom Brady - A+
    36 TD's to 4 INT's. Nuff said.

RB - Ben Jarvus Green Ellis - B-
    Coming off 1K yards and 13TD's he should have it tougher next year as teams prepare more for him, but as long as he works hard and holds on to the rock he'll get another 1K and 8-10 majors.

WR1 - Wes Welker - A-
    After coming off knee surgery and the loss of Moss deep closed in on the space he's enjoyed underneath. Still a 1st down machine that's absolutely fearless over the middle despite being one of the smallest guys on the field and now that the young TE duo is opening things up, another 100 catch season awaits.

WR2 - Deion Branch - C
    Clearly isn't what he used to be, although he never was more than a "B" target. Cannot deny his chemistry with Brady however.

TE1 - Aaron Hernandez - B+
    He's just 20 years old and has the physical tools to become an elite TE in the NFL. I expect Antonio Gates like production in his near future.

TE2 - Rob Gronkowski - B-
    Sure hands and clutch near the end zone, doubt he sees 10 scores again but should continue to find his touches this year. Also a quality blocker.

LT - Matt Light - D+
    He fuckin sucks. Brady doesn't get sacked much but when he does, it's probably Light's fault.

LG - Logan Mankins - A
    Mankins is one of the best Guards in football, just needs to be on the field more than he was last year.

C - Dan Koppen - A-
    Quality center. Not elite, but not far off the best.

RG - Dan Connolly - B+
    Taken over for the aging Stephen Neal, also might take Tate's job as primary kick returner if he's not careful.

RT - Nick Kaczur - B
    Hoping to return to his dominating form from 2009 after missing 2010.
  • trojan49er
    Something Clever
    • Jun 2009

Pats look pretty solid again on offense, only thing theyre lacking is a true #1 WR

Comment

• StealthShot
      Eat it
      • Oct 2008

USA

Offense

Comment

• Len B
        :moonwalk:
        • Oct 2008

Dead on but I'd bump Gronk up to a B and drop Green-Ellis to a C+. In a few games Gronk showed he can stretch the D for 20+ yards with the right matchup, and he's a solid blocker. I think Ellis was merely a product of the system.

I'd also give Matt Light an F-. I'm been hating him since the Giants' Superbowl and still blame him for that loss.

Hopefully they start Volmer.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

Gronkowski > Hernandez easily. Didn't Hernandez get benched? I'm pretty sure he saw very limited action later in the year in favor of Gronkowski and Crumpler. I'm not sure I'd grade him so high.

Comment

• Len B
            :moonwalk:
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
            Gronkowski > Hernandez easily. Didn't Hernandez get benched? I'm pretty sure he saw very limited action later in the year in favor of Gronkowski and Crumpler. I'm not sure I'd grade him so high.
            Last year Gronk was better than Hernandez, definitely. However, Hernandez has game changing ability if he plays TE. He could make a 40 yard play on a 10 yard out, which not many TE's can do.

Comment

• Scikotic
              Straight out the Asylum
              • Apr 2011

Underrated Gronk, overrated Hernandez...I'd flip flop the two TE's. I'd also at least give Branch a B-/C+, but maybe that's more of Brady making him look good than anything...

Pretty accurate IMO.

Comment

Working...