Clear All
  • j.hen
    Self Care
    • Oct 2008

Atlanta Falcons Starting Offense/Defense Grades

Senser setting trends.

Offense

QB Matt Ryan A
    The very definition of a young QB who has came into the league and had success right away. Took a huge step in his progression this past season. Fully expect +4,000 yard 30+ TDs and 10 or less INTs this year.

RB Michael Turner B-
    Turner is on the decline but he's still a great fit for the offense.

FB Ovie Mughelli A
    One of the best blocking FBs in the game, if not the best. His combination of strength and speed is top notch for a FB. Can catch out of the backfield. He may very well be of homosexual decent. :noidea:

1WR Roddy White A+
    Has solidified himself as a top WR in the game. Top 3 right now IMO.

2WR Julio Jones B-/B+
    Julio certainly has the potential to help Atlanta fully replicate what the Colts did with Manning/Harrison/Wayne. He made every player around him better in Alabama, if he can do the same in Atlanta.... watch out.

TE Tony Gonzalez A-
    You just can't not give this guy an A grade, out of respect for this man's game even at this point of his career. His presence has been great for Matt Ryan's development, mentally more then anything else.

LT Sam Baker B
    Pretty average all around, I honestly think he'd do much better moved inside.

LG Justin Blalock B+
    Easily the most consistent player along the team's O line. Hopefully Atlanta chooses to resign him as his contract is up.

C Todd McClure C+
    He's been a great mentor for the younger interior O linemen, but he has mental lapses at big points in big games. I think it's time for Rob Bruggeman or Joe Hawley to step in.

RG Harvey Dahl B+
    One of the most physical guards in the league. Nasty O lineman. Also one of the 3 FA O lineman the Falcons have.

RT Tyson Clabo A-
    Another FA O lineman. It will be interesting to see which of the 3 Atlanta sticks with.

Defense

DE John Abraham B+
    At times one of the fiercest and most relentless defensive linemen in the league.

DT Jonathan Babineaux A-
    One of the most consistent players on the team, let alone the defense. Vastly under-rated DT.

DT Peria Jerry C+
    Jerry should be back from the knee injury he's been dealing with for the past 2 seasons after being selected in the 1st round. If not, Corey Peters will step in and continue to start as he did last year.

DE Kroy Biermann C+
    Extremely athletic for a DE but has never provided the presence opposite Abraham that the Falcons were looking for. Hopefully Atlanta brings in a FA here.

OLB Sean Weatherspoon B-
    Lead the team in tackles before the injury which sidelined him and lingered all year. If he bounces back this season he could have his breakout year.

MLB Curtis Lofton A-
    Great leader for a defense. Has improved each year since starting his rookie season.

OLB Stephen Nicholas B
    Surprised some this season while starting for the injured Weatherspoon. Atlanta should keep him around.

CB Dunta Robinson B-
    Makes plays on the ball. Was playing with an injury most of last year.

FS Thomas Decoud B-
    When he turns it on he can make plays. Solid tackler.

SS William Moore A-
    The bright spot of the Falcons secondary unit. Established himself as a CRUSHING tackler this year after sitting out his entire rookie campaign. Also had 5 picks this season. If he continues to improve he could become one of the best in the league.

CB "Sugar Nipples" Brent Grimes B
    Looked good in his first full season as a starter this past year. Short guy who can out jump Randy Moss. Plays the ball extremely well at times, especially for a guy his size. Fully expect ATL to give him a long-term deal.
  • Scikotic
    Straight out the Asylum
    • Apr 2011

I love me some Curtis Lofton.

LMAO at "sugar nipples."

Comment

• Point Blank
      Needs a hobby
      • Oct 2008

Sugar Nips ftw!

Comment

• Scikotic
        Straight out the Asylum
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mass6688
        Steelers' Harrison apologizes for criticisms

Steelers linebacker Harrison apologized Thursday night for criticisms he made about teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger and some about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
        "The handful of words that were used and heavily publicized yesterday were pulled out of a long conversation, and the context was lost," Harrison wrote on his Facebook page. "Obviously, I would never say that it was all Ben's or Rashard's fault that we lost the Super Bowl.
        "What I do apologize for and take full responsibility for is as speaking in such a candid manner to someone out of the team."
        In the August issue of Men's Journal, to hit news stands today, Harrison took shots at Roethlisberger for throwing two interceptions in Super Bowl XLV — "... stop making an effort to act such as Peyton Manning. You ain't that, and you know it, man," he said — and he state Mendenhall as a "fumble machine."
        In the story, contain by the Tribune-Review last night, the All-Pro linebacker also verbally attacked Goodell's top assistants — executive vice president Ray Anderson and director of football operations Merton Hanks.
        Harrison referred to Anderson as "another dummy who never played a down" and said Hanks, a former Pro Bowl safety with the San Francisco 49ers, "needs to be embarrassed because he played D before, but he was never was what you'd call a real hitter."
        The comments were in reference to a meeting Harrison had with the NFL's top brass during the season last year.
        In the story, Harrison referred to the Pittsburgh Steelers as having "too much force, too much swag, and are predominately black," which makes them a target by the NFL.
        There is also a short duration mention of an altercation between Harrison and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians in which Harrison reportedly almost punched out Arians.
        James Harrison said his controversial comments have overshadowed the purpose of the interview — to shed more light on player safety.
        "If player safety is the NFL's main concern, as they say it is, they are not going about it in an effective manner," he wrote. "There's nothing about extending the season or issuing exorbitant fines on defensive players that makes any shift toward the prevention of damage to players.
        "As far as the character and reputation hits I may suffer as a result of my comments in the article, I'll take those hits and more if it brings add attention to the re-examination and installation of rules and regulations that would cause a REAL effect on player safety."

What the fuck is this shit?

You must be lost...

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

I think it's a bot. I'd get rid of it but ...I can't.

Comment

• Scikotic
            Straight out the Asylum
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by killgod
            I think it's a bot. I'd get rid of it but ...I can't.
            Yea, I know but I can't exactly do much about it...heh.

Titling NFL JERSEYS and posting a day 3 day old article on a thread that has nothing to do with it is either a bot or a spammer. I'd guess bot. Either way he's gotta go....

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

:iaintevenmad:

Comment

Working...