X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
    The 2010 Big East champion just lost to the 12th best program in the SEC.
    We are in 2011

Go suck some more LSU dick

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

You can't spell salty without Atlas.

Oh and it doesn't matter what year we are in, no respectable program loses to Vanderbilt. Oh well at least there's always basketball.

Comment

• Chrispy
        Needs a hobby
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
        You can't spell salty without Atlas.

Oh and it doesn't matter what year we are in, no respectable program loses to Vanderbilt. Oh well at least there's always basketball.
        Ur right and we are pretty good at it since we won the whole thing last year :pimp:

Comment

• Bear Pand
          RIP Indy Colts
          • Feb 2009

ND lost
          IU lost
          Purdue scrapped by...errrr lost to a CUSA team.

great weekend.

Comment

• kmanharris
            Seven
            • Oct 2008

:denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded: :denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded: :denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded::denarded: :denarded::denarded::denarded:

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
              Michigan - Notre Dame thoughts:

Michigan

I just don't understand the defensive calls. 1st quarter was awful. Run man and then have DB play 10 yards off which equaled easy completed slants.

Why the hell was Avery covering Floyd 1-1, why was anyone covering Floyd 1-1.

Denard is not a good quarterback, I said that last year. I don't understand him throwing jump balls to 5'8 Jeremy Gallon

The WR dropped too many passes early on but bailed Denard out in the end.

Offensive calls were mindboggling as well. Shotgun run, I-Form run, Shotgun pass.

Notre Dame

Rees is the real deal. Stepping up like that in that atmosphere was impressive.
              Don't worry. Gary Gray didn't understand it either.

Comment

• Woy
                RIP West
                • Dec 2008

Good:
                - The defense is one of the better ones we've had in the last few years. McCarron did have a little too much time to throw at times, but for the most part the Tide offense was held in check. Stats are inflated because of the amount of time our defense was on the field.
                - Offensive line was surprisingly good in pass protection. After a horrid performance against Indiana State, I could only count once where the quarterback was pressured heavily.
                - Evan Lewis hit a field goal I didn't think he'd make to start the game.

Bad:
                - Running game was too predictable. It's tougher to run outside on SEC squads, but you have to do something else besides run draws, dives and off-tackles all game. I loved the reverse call in the fourth when we were trying to get back into it but that was a wasted opportunity.
                - The punt coverage team looked decent until Maze brought one back 50+ yards. This will always happen under JoePa because of the lack of a ST coordinator.

Ugly:
                - The quarterback rotation was baffling and downright idiotic. Alabama handled their QB situation perfectly, playing McCarron from the beginning and leaving him in there because he was doing alright. Bolden's first drive was a really good one (minus using all three timeouts on it ), the second one was average and then we put McGloin in. I've never seen a crowd's emotions change from one quarterback to the other when that ginger fuck came in.
                - Robert Bolden needs to learn to throw the ball away. He's got all the physical skills in the world to be a damn good quarterback but he forces too many passes and doesn't look to the other side of the field. A lack of confidence by the coaching staff plus the constant changing at the position didn't help either.
                - Matt McGloin is beyond awful. He shouldn't be starting for any Big Ten program, let alone one as talented as Penn State. Take your overconfident ass to Shippensburg next season and maybe you can finally prove you're as good as Brett Favre like you suggest you are.
                - Devon Smith's drop on the first offensive play of the game was inexcusable. I love how the staff opened up the playbook and took a shot deep early and Bolden's throw was on target. Gotta catch that in a big game like this.
                - Alabama's fake punt was a yard short at least. That completely changed the game as it killed the energy our crowd was giving the team (great crowd by the way, love the new seating arrangements for the students).
                - Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Szczerba's fumble on a first down catch was HUGE as was Devon's on the reverse. (McGloin did end up blocking the wrong guy though. Why take out the linebacker who Devon already had a few steps on when you can help him out by taking away the CB?) Can't win when you turn the ball over like that.
                - The coaching staff is still incompetent and holds this team back from their full potential. It amazes me how predictable the playcalling can be at times and you can tell by the decisions the quarterbacks make at times that Jay Paterno can't develop a quarterback to save his damn life. Keep Tom Bradley, keep Larry Johnson Sr. and get rid of the rest when JoePa retires, which better be after this season (but it won't be). The team is built to be a NC contender in 2012 and I don't want these fucks ruining that.

All in all, there are some things I can come away happy with but for the most part, it's disappointment. Alabama will probably be the best team we face all year. The remainder of the September and October schedule is manageable and we could and should be 8-1 going into a hellish November.

This team has the ability and talent to win the conference or at least get to the B1G title game, but it'll depend on the quarterback and there's no sign of having good quarterback play this season. If you have two starting quarterbacks, then you really have none.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

Penn State did poorly...but at least they arent Notre Dame...

its sad to see other games on tv and other QBs making reads, seeing progressions and firing the ball in there. And then you look at penn State with 2 QBs who look like they are trying to toss a cantaloupe in the general direction of something that looks blue to them for a moment and they are too late getting it in there anyway.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                    • Jul 2009

So one week after losing MLB Alec Ogletree for 4-6 weeks, MLB Christian Robinson is also out for 4-6 weeks now with the same damn injury, broken foot.

Both are two of our three best defensive players.

We gonna win 4 games this year, Coastal Carolina, Vanderbilt, New Mexico State, Kentucky.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
                      Spellin' n' shit
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                      We gonna win 4 games this year, Coastal Carolina, Vanderbilt, New Mexico State, Kentucky.
                      I hear Coastal Carolina has a pretty good QB

Comment

Working...