X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Obst
    RIP West
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
    That may be the case, but Del Rio certainly won't be there for it.
    I pray to god not

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Obst
      I pray to god not
      Weaver sounded pretty adamant about not having Del Rio back if the team doesn't make the playoffs.

Granted, that was before the lockout and the off-season, so if the team brings in Gabbert and they perform well, they could hold onto Del Rio, but his job is far from secure.

Comment

• Derrville
        Dallas has no coaching...
        • Jul 2009

Fuck yeah Romo! Way to go Defense! Making plays when we need em! Lets build off this and roll on!

Comment

• DomePatrol
          Urdnot Style
          • Dec 2008

6 sacks today for the saints D. It was an overall awesome game for everyone though

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

Everyone keeps talking about how good QB's are nowadays and how the rules have made passing much easier but I haven't seen so many good catches in my life.

The receivers today are just unreal. I think I saw 4-5 one handed TD catches today and a bunch of other snags that were just SICK.

Comment

• Woy
              RIP West
              • Dec 2008

Titans thoughts:

- What a turnaround. This is the team I expected to see against Jacksonville, not against one of the best teams in the AFC. Total domination by the Titans.
              - Like I said at the beginning of the season, Matt Hasselbeck will be a solid QB in this offense as long as he has time. Wasn't sacked once today and it paid off with a 300+ yard passing performance. Kenny Britt is a fucking monster, Nate Washington was very consistent and Jared Cook had an unbelievable third down catch.
              - Besides the Ray Rice TD, the Titans defense looked great. Defensive line was off-and-on with pressure but our secondary was covering the Ravens' receivers like they were all All-Pros. Finnegan set the tone early and really was playing out of his mind, falling off some of his assignments to make some big plays (tipping the ball for McCourty's INT, forcing an incompletion in the red zone when it was 23-13).
              - Running game still needs work. Munchak should switch Harris to his natural center position and start Velasco over Amano, who is absolutely pathetic. I knew CJ would have a few tough weeks before being CJ again, so I'm not too worried looking into next week. Now if he has another sub-50 yard performance against Denver, I'll be upset.

Great win. Baltimore was probably suffering a bit of a hangover from last week, but they're still a damn good team and we're pretty solid as well.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Rayman
                Spic 'n Spanish
                • Feb 2009

Some thoughts:

-You can say whatever the fuck you'd like about Tony Romo, but there's not many QBs in the league who'd do what he did today. Might have two broken ribs, couldn't even properly call plays in the huddle but put the team on his back when they needed him most, again without the running game and with a makeshift offensive line. IDGAF who it was against, this was exactly the type of thing all those idiots last week were saying he wasn't capable of doing, and he not only did it, but he did it in a case where most QBs in this league would have stayed in the lockerroom.

-The injury list is getting bigger. Turns out Felix Jones separated his shoulder on that first quarter carry. Admirable of him to tough it out, Emmitt-style, but he's off to a slow start. Austin re-aggravated his hamstring injury on that stupid play to end regulation (more on that in a minute), and Witten has bruised ribs as well. Dez Bryant and Terence Newman need to get healthy. We're gonna need 'em when Sexy Rexy unleashes the dragon next week.

-I'm on the Ginger-wagon, I love how Jason Garrett is changing the culture around this team. But goddammit, I hate when he gets cute with his playcalling. There was no reason to run that stupid pitch to Austin on that last play before the game-tying field goal, and there was no reason to run a double reverse in the first quarter when we were basically ramming the ball down the 9ers' throats on the opening drive. Austin gets hurt on his play, and Romo got fucking popped on the reverse and probably aggravated his rib injury further than it already was.

-Rob Ryan is doing a hell of a job considering he has jack-shit to work with in the secondary. Alex Smith's entire gameplan was to throw at the receiver Alan Ball was covering. Ryan did hell of a job adjusting and having the front 7 bring the pain in the second half. DeMarcus Ware had 2 sacks and a huge play in OT where he covered Gore in the flat and made Smith freeze, allowing Ratliff to sack him. Spencer is getting consistent pressure and Jason Hatcher is finally showing flashes of the player Bill Parcells thought he could be.

If this keeps up, Ware is going to break Strahan's sack record this year.

-Sean Lee is a motherfucking stud. He was all over the place again this week. I'm seeing flashes of this kid already becoming the leader and heart of the defense. He tackles everything. We stumbled upon a damn good linebacker.

-I hate kickers. But good job by the kid from OKState bouncing back from that shank in the first quarter.

-Remember how when I heard Michael Irvin was doing a reality show to award a camp position on the Cowboys to the winner, I went apeshit about what a joke it was? I take back all the bad things I said about Jesse Holley and how he was a waste of a camp body. He's solid special teamer and did a great job when Romo called his number today.

I'm not going to make it through the season if every game is gonna be like this.

Comment

• Point Blank
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Oct 2008

What a game!

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

Easily one of Tony G's best games as a Falcon, Julio's second catch completely changed the game as well. Great win.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
                      Spellin' n' shit
                      • Feb 2009

That Julio catch was Atlanta's first 1st down in like 8 drives.

Completely sparked the offense

Comment

• dave
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

I'm disappointed Philly lost, but we may have a future 2nd round pick for Kafka. Can't believe Maclin dropped that.
                        Philly is amazing at developing QBs.
                        Give Atlanta credit, their offence showed up when it had to. I don't like the loss, but it isn't a season killer (unless Vick's injury is serious).
                        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• GoChargers
                          briefcase wanker
                          • Nov 2008

Raiders are playing good football, they have a genuine chance to win the West this year, good thing the Chiefs and Broncos have no chance.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

I don't like that Andy Reid had as little confidence in Kafka as he did. How many screens did he call when Kafka entered the game?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                              I don't like that Andy Reid had as little confidence in Kafka as he did. How many screens did he call when Kafka entered the game?
                              The 3rd stringer had never thrown a pass in the NFL before, a bit of hesitation is allowed.

Comment

• dave
                                Go the fuck outside
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                                If the screens get yards, call them all game. In an incredibly high-profile game, he's not gonna ask Kafka to go all Tom Brady.

Originally posted by GoChargers
                                Raiders are playing good football, they have a genuine chance to win the West this year, good thing the Chiefs and Broncos have no chance.
                                Chargers are a lock in that division.
                                My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...