• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralaw
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

NFL Coverage

How many NFL shows does ESPN have now?

I'm watching ESPN now and I see Berman hosting some new show with Schlereth and Bruschi called NFL Kickoff, which comes on the same time slot as NFL Live, which I thought was 5 days a week. It appears to be a show that is supposed to get fans ready for Sunday, but isn't this what NFL Live and the other new show with Suzy Kolber and Mortenson called NFL32 (which also comes on 5 days a week) was supposed to be about? I haven't even talked about that other show I believe its called Audibles. BTW, what is the difference between Audibles and NFL32? On top of all of this Sportscenter is now on all day, so you can get information from there too.

Not to mention all of these shows are similar to the NFL Network's coverage also. Speaking of NFL Network........I don't like the new setup of Kara Henderson and Andrew Siciliano hosting NFL Total Access. What happened to the Eisen, Dukes and Sapp team?

Then on Sunday we get to do it all over again, but with CBS and Fox included. I believe W2B said the NFL has too much coverage. I agree with him.
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

The funny part is they have no idea how over saturated it has become. They extended NFL Live (easily the worst studio show ESPN does) to an hour and added that shitty NFL32 show.

They actually think we want all this programming, which I find humorous.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

I was fine with those 2 doing Around the League since it wasn't as serious of a show. But them doing Total Access is whack I haven't really watched it since they started.

Comment

• Sharkweather
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
        The funny part is they have no idea how over saturated it has become. They extended NFL Live (easily the worst studio show ESPN does) to an hour and added that shitty NFL32 show.

They actually think we want all this programming, which I find humorous.
        Unfortunately, someone is watching all this crap, or else they wouldn't have so much of it.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
          Unfortunately, someone is watching all this crap, or else they wouldn't have so much of it.
          I wouldn't be so sure. My guess is these shows are ridiculously cheap to produce and are going in an afternoon time slot that would otherwise just be showing an NBA game from the 80s.

The ratings are probably shit but there's nothing to lose on ESPN's part.

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

They just re'd up on their deal with the NFL for like 15 billion. They are also set to get some games next season outside of Monday night if I heard correctly. For that money they better get more programming. Never too much NFL, dont like it? Dont watch it.

Comment

• BigBucs
              Unpretentious
              • May 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
              NFL Network still kicks their ass in terms of breaking news quickly. No amount of programming will ever change that either.
              Not everyone has NFL Network besides shit seems to break on the net just as fast.

Comment

• ralaw
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBucs
                Never too much NFL, dont like it? Dont watch it.

Its not so much about me not liking it as much as its about they basically have multiple shows with different names that do the same thing. The only difference between NFL Kickoff and NFL Live is that Berman was hosting instead of Wingo. Schlereth and Bruschi are routinely on NFL Live providing breakdown, so other than Berman there really is no difference between the shows.

Comment

• Aso
                  The Serious House
                  • Nov 2008

NFLN's "No Huddle" is the absolute worst show ever.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                    RIP Indy Colts
                    • Feb 2009

I dont watch weekly shows.
                    Postgame shows.
                    Pregame shows.
                    Half time shows.

None of it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

The NFL is moving towards games 4-6 days per week, which will be the peak of the overexposure of the league, and will be the biggest mistake they will ever make. Part of the reason the NFL holds so much appeal, is the infrequency of the games and the tradition of people devoting fall Sundays to watching football.

It is reaching the point where Goodell needs to seriously consider putting a cap on the amount of coverage ESPN provides. Its way too much, and again, overexposure will kill the golden egg. ESPN is only doing this to compete with NFL Network, which is silly, because almost nobody watches NFL Network (check the numbers if you don't believe me). You are starting to see signs of "NFL backlash".

ESPN overpaid badly for MNF, to the point people in TV snicker behind their back. They are trying to recoup the investment by going "all in" NFL. They treat MNF like its still a culturally iconic show, but this isn't 1983, Howard Cosell is dead, and moving cable = dropping off the map in terms of pop cultural relevance because there are still multiple generations that assosiate being on cable to being second rate. That's why the NFL treats SNF like the game of the week now. The culture shifted, people are busier, and they want to watch their football on Sundays.

Only the hardest of the hardcore want this stuff every day. There isn't enough news to justify 24/7 NFL. There just isn't.

Comment

• Villain
                        [REDACTED]
                        • May 2011

I think of this every time I see Berman.
                        [REDACTED]

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          The NFL is moving towards games 4-6 days per week, which will be the peak of the overexposure of the league, and will be the biggest mistake they will ever make. Part of the reason the NFL holds so much appeal, is the infrequency of the games and the tradition of people devoting fall Sundays to watching football.
                          Last I heard about it during the lockout, they're considering having games on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays each week.

I don't see a problem with that, it's likely one game for MON and THURS and millions of people will watch so whatever network gets it, they'll be happy. The demand for live sports properties is at its highest, so why not cash in? Fans will be happy (usually) since that's one more day of pro football.

I can't imagine players will love it depending on how the schedule works out.

Comment

• BigBucs
                            Unpretentious
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by ralaw

Its not so much about me not liking it as much as its about they basically have multiple shows with different names that do the same thing. The only difference between NFL Kickoff and NFL Live is that Berman was hosting instead of Wingo. Schlereth and Bruschi are routinely on NFL Live providing breakdown, so other than Berman there really is no difference between the shows.
                            I wouldnt know because I havent watched anything but Live and Sunday Pregame. If thats the case its pretty lazy but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...