• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius
    3rd place is you're fired
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Survivor
    This.

Your team can turn it around with a new coach or big recruit and then all the wins are a big fuck you to your rivals who are use to beating up on you. You realize how great it was when Brad Smith beat Nebraska for the first time in what? 40 years? Florida/USC/Ohio St fans don't know such a joy. A Mizzou home game packed with Nebraska fans crying for Frank Solich was possibly one of the greatest experiences of my life as a sports fan.
    Disagree. Years of this guy.....

Made the 2002 NC that much nicer.

Comment

• nflman2033
      George Brett of VSN
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Cornelius
      Disagree. Years of this guy.....

Made the 2002 NC that much nicer.
      We had 95, 96, and 98 where we really had special teams, but 99 & 00 is. What made 02 so sweet.

That's nothing to speak of some of the post and a ton of the pre Woody years.

But for most of us we have seen more than our fair share of winning.

One plus of being a minny can vs say a Buckeyes fan is being able to build your school up in NCAA football games, I never want to use OSU in dynasties mode, too easy.

Comment

• cynismus
        Decadence isn't easy
        • Feb 2009

I agree with W2B etc - switching teams is for chicks, homos, and communists. Don't do it.

However, if you ARE going to, find a team in a different part of the country, and don't pick a powerhouse. You have to go with a team that is somewhat equal in nature to Minnesota.

My suggestion? Texas A&M. Those sheep-fucking, awesome-hating, cult bastards are now SEC bound and will regularly have 6-8 loss seasons (if not more). They will be a perennial disappointment, but at least if you're a fan of them, you have the opportunity to watch SEC football.
        There is no fire like passion
        There is no shark like hatred
        There is no snare like folly
        There is no torrent like greed

Comment

• Macken
          Blah
          • Oct 2008

Thanks for the input guys but i was just venting i gotta stick it out with my gophers and just pray for the best...

They will beat Michigan this week

Comment

• spiker
            Beast mode
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Macken
            Probably not, though.

Comment

• Champ
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

NC STATE

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Rhein Fire.

srsly, stop pussyfooting here and back whoever is #1 and be done with it.

Comment

• nflman2033
                  George Brett of VSN
                  • Apr 2009

Thanks for the input guys but i was just venting i gotta stick it out with my gophers and just pray for the best...

Well you know you are in Ohio just jump on the OSU bandwagon... Oh wait maybe you don't want to do that this year.

Comment

• Macken
                    Blah
                    • Oct 2008

i fucking hate the buckeyes and 90% of all the ignorant fans around here. Half of them have never seen a game in there life but continue to talk shit when CFB is brought up ina ny conversation

Comment

• nflman2033
                      George Brett of VSN
                      • Apr 2009

i fucking hate the buckeyes and 90% of all the ignorant fans around here. Half of them have never seen a game in there life but continue to talk shit when CFB is brought up ina ny conversation
                      Lol I'm not surprised

Comment

• Cornelius
                        3rd place is you're fired
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by nflman2033
                        We had 95, 96, and 98 where we really had special teams, but 99 & 00 is. What made 02 so sweet.

One plus of being a minny can vs say a Buckeyes fan is being able to build your school up in NCAA football games, I never want to use OSU in dynasties mode, too easy.
                        So true. It's so much more fun to be Arkansas State or Wake Forest. Btw, I was in the Big House for both losses in 95 and 97. It sucked. Being No. 1 and losing to fucking Michigan is a kick in the nuts....pun intended.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                          Buckeye For Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by nflman2033

Agreed.

I was lucky enough to pretty much grow up with the Tressel era, but I still remember the Cooper era. I vividly remember my Uncle smashing his coffee table at the end of the 98 Michigan State game. I remember Ryan Fucking Brewer tearing us up in the Outback Bowl.

My favorite memory of my childhood is still running out onto my back porch when we beat Miami for the 02 NC. It was snowing and freezing cold outside, and I was only in shorts and a jersey, but I didn't give a fuck. Still remember the time on the cable box, 12:36 A.M. if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                            RIP Indy Colts
                            • Feb 2009

Wow you guys really are ass. getting beat 31-0 by Purdue in the second?

LOL

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Great read like always bro.

Comment

Working...