Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Chad Jones, the Giants 2010 draft pick whose football career has been delayed after a serious car accident, took another step forward on Wednesday, his 23rd birthday.

Jones ran two 40-yard dashes – clocking in at under 5 seconds on both – in an event witnessed by about 300 people in Louisiana.

Jones, a former LSU safety and a Giants third-round draft pick, ran the 40-yard dashes in 4.84 and 4.90 seconds, according to reports.

"Today was a great day," Jones told reporters in Louisiana. “I had a lot of support from friends, family and a few fans. I kind of exceeded what I was going to do in my head.

"I won't say that I am satisfied. But as a short-term goal today, yeah I'm satisfied. But my long-term goal is to be back on the field and to be a New York Giant in full uniform."

Jones, merely days after signing his rookie contract with the Giants, was involved in a car accident in Louisiana that nearly cost him his left leg. He spent what would have been his rookie season in extensive rehabilitation. He hopes to play for the Giants, who retain his rights, in 2012.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Chad Jones Says He's 80% Healthy

Comment

• G-men
        Posts too much
        • Nov 2011

Incredible. I would love to see him back on the field for the Giants. I honestly can't believe how quickly he has progressed, saying he could be ready by April.

Comment

• Apocalypse
          • Nov 2008

That's awesome!!!

RIP West

Comment

• Hasselbeck
            Jus' bout dat action boss
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
            Truly inspiring. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjOy7fRzs0"]Kevin Garnett "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!" Interview (6.17.08) - YouTube[/ame]
            Originally posted by ram29jackson
            I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Chad has aborted his football comeback and will focus instead on trying to play pro baseball, doesn't throw that hard but the stuff plays up coming from the left side. Would be cool to see him get a shot in the minors coming out of somebody's bullpen.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Chad has signed a $100,000 contract with the Reds, who drafted him in the 9th round in the draft a few weeks back.

Comment

• Glenbino
                  Jelly and Ice Cream
                  • Nov 2009

Wow he actually went in the 9th? That's pretty high for someone who hasn't been playing organized ball for a few years. Was he doing workouts for teams heading into the draft, and if so how did he look?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
                    Wow he actually went in the 9th? That's pretty high for someone who hasn't been playing organized ball for a few years. Was he doing workouts for teams heading into the draft, and if so how did he look?

He apparently was hitting the low 90s in workouts. Teams love left handed relievers

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

LOOGY!

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino

He threw 40 pitches in front of teams a few months back, the Reds were in attendance. Heard he was touching 87-89. The slidepiece was his top pitch in college, would not shock me if he made it as a LOOGY just based on the FB/SL combo.

Comment

Working...