• Jul 2009

BUMP

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

Bump again.

Originally posted by Rotoworld.com
      In addition to CB Stanford Routt, Raiders FS Michael Huff, DT Tommy Kelly, DT John Henderson, CB Chris Johnson, and OG Cooper Carlisle are candidates for release.
      Routt was simply the canary in the coal mine. New GM Reggie McKenzie made it clear last week that he would make moves to adjust a roster with "out of whack" contracts. Huff ($4 million salary + $4 million bonus), Kelly ($6 million), Henderson ($4 million), and Johnson ($3.5 million) could be on the way out as the Raiders overhaul a defense that set franchise-worst records for TD passes allowed, yards per carry, yards passing and total yards.
      Richard Seymour is guaranteed to be back.

I think Chris Johnson takes a restructured contract with reduced pay.

I'm guessing Tommy Kelly will be cut (would save all 6 mil) as well as John Henderson (would save 2.5 mil, 1.5/4 mil is guaranteed)

Carlisle has already been cut saving ~2 mil

And I have no idea about Michael Huff's fate. I think they should keep him as he only makes 4 mil in each of 2013 and 2014. Pay him the 8 mil this year and keep him for the length of his contract.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Yeah I think they need to keep Huff, there's no way they can actually roll out there with Matt Giordano at FS.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rotoworld.com
          NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Raiders will release OLB Kam Wimbley if he does not agree to a pay cut before March 13.
          Oakland would stay on the hook for $6.5 million in guaranteed salary, but could save $4.5 million under the cap. While the Raiders would prefer to keep Wimbley because he's their best pass rusher, GM Reggie McKenzie has determined that his contract simply isn't worth it. The ideal scenario is a reworked deal.

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

Fuck. Gonna be a rough couple of years. Someone will overpay for Wimbley, he is still a great pass rusher.

Comment

Working...