X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

More Cutler news.

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Broncos' brass Monday the situation has gone "from bad to worse" according to a source.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009
    Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart
    By Bill Williamson
    ESPN.com

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source added that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

A Broncos source with knowledge of the discussions said that two sides did not grow further apart in Monday's conference call and that issues were discussed openly and it was re-emphasized to Cutler he will not be traded.

The first source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, the first source said Cutler would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The first source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The first source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday. The Broncos' source stated that Cutler needs to meet with McDaniels in person to keep the situation moving in the right direction.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
      The Greatest
      • Feb 2009

Dear York Family,

Please trade for Cutler.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Martin Mayhew needs to jump all over this. I'm all in favor of sending our first overall pick and a second or third rounder for Cutler and the Broncos 12th pick. They need to work out some sort of deal and get Cutler here.

Like I said before we will sacrifice Daunte Culpepper to the football gods on the Bronco's behalf as part of the deal, Drew Stanton can also be sacrificed if the Broncos wish it.

Comment

• ultfrisbee
          • Dec 2008

Cutler and Orlando Pace to Detroit, they go 6-10, you heard it here first!

Comment

• ultfrisbee
            • Dec 2008

Serious question, when Cutler was drafted, did his condition affect his stock?

Comment

• adembroski
              All-Inclusive!
              • Feb 2009

Cutler's a whiney bitch now free of the coach that can deal with whiney bitches like that.

McD is a shady fuck who came over from an organization full of shady fucks.

I'll tell you exactly who's fault all this is: Whoever had the bright fucking idea to fire Mike Shannahan.

Denver might as well trade Cutler, they're not going to be shit for another 5 years anyways.
              S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                • Nov 2008

Yeah i've heard that the Lions are thinking about possible offers for a draft day trade for Cutler.

I hope the Lions can get him, it'd be nice.

RIP West

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                  Posts a lot
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by glenwillett
                  If he leaves, I hope he goes to Detroit. It would be awesome to see how many bitch fits he would have at the 50 yard line if he was playing for that piece of crap franchise.
                  Detroit wouldn't expose anything that most of us don't already see. The kid is an immature, arrogant jackass, who has the talent to be a star, but doesn't have it upstairs to put his talent to good use. The very same issues you claim to dislike in Philip Rivers. Which I never agreed with, by the way. Philip Rivers, at least to this point, is a much better leader than Jay Cutler.

I'm more surprised that it took something like this, for many of you to use the term ''bitch,'' when it came to Jay Cutler. He's been a bitch for most of his NFL career.

Comment

• steeljake
                    6 rings...
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ultfrisbee
                    Serious question, when Cutler was drafted, did his condition affect his stock?
                    i am pretty sure he didnt know he had diabetes before he was drafted... unless you're talking about his sore va-jay-jay.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Rayman
                      Spic 'n Spanish
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                      I'm a Broncos fan, sue me for being fanatically supportive. It's not like I'm BringingBackJimmy...
                      I lol'd

Comment

• MRN
                        MRNeverwearthesamething
                        • Nov 2008

Send him to Chi-Town...we'll gladly take him in.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                          • Nov 2008

"Don't do it, Broncoland. Don't connect the dots. Even if they do line up in perfect order, remember what teachers and coaches always said about those who assume. Disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler has put his primary residence in Parker up for sale, with a listing price of $2 million. This decision for a lifestyle change comes amid the soap opera that has been dubbed McJaygate - his feud with first-year coach Josh McDaniels. The easy assumption, that a trade is in the works, however, may not be what it seems. A source close to Cutler said he most likely will attend McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and that the quarterback has considered selling his home for more than a year. Why?

25-year-old bachelor who has come to realize his 7,516-square-foot home that sits on a 1 1/2-acre spread is too big for a guy who lives alone. Cutler bought the house in Parker in 2006 for $1.34 million. Fuller Sotheby's International Realty is the listing office for the sale of Cutler's house. Cutler also has a penthouse condominium in downtown Denver. Cutler has been upset since learning Feb. 28 he was part of trade talks that never materialized. Cutler believes he has information that McDaniels aggressively tried to shop him, despite the coach's statements to the contrary."
                          ok.

RIP West

Comment

• Deviant
                            Yes, please.
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by silkamilkmonico
                            Cutler wants to be traded. McDaniels honors his request, then thinks better of it and says no. Cutler is pissed and spins it in his favor of, "they wanna trade "Moi"? McDaniels says Cutler won't be traded. McDaniels wants a meeting. Cutler calls a 'phone conference' instead. McDaniels tells Cutler he needs to protect the ball better. Cutler is infuriated and "throws the phone across the room". "These are the days of our lives".

This is a complete circus act, and I'm embarrassed to be a Bronco fan.

With Shanahan and Bates leaving, there's nobody around to hold Cutler's hand, and this is the result, and where the hell is Bowlen in all of this? The situation needs a babysitter.

Cutler is asking like the teenybopper who wants to break up with her boyfriend but doesn't want to be alone, and then when the boyfriend breaks up she's pissed off and "insulted".

Unreal.
                            Ladies and gentleman, the greatest first post EVER.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by silkamilkmonico
                              With Shanahan and Bates leaving, there's nobody around to hold Cutler's hand, and this is the result, and where the hell is Bowlen in all of this?
                              Where is Bowlen?

He's sitting with McDaniels deciding what return they want to get for Cutler.

Originally posted by nfl.com
                              The Broncos and Jay Cutler appear headed toward a divorce after team owner Pat Bowlen voiced his displeasure with the way the quarterback has handled himself in recent weeks and gave his complete support to new coach Josh McDaniels, according to the Denver Post.

The two sides met face-to-face Saturday.

“I’m very disappointed,” Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. “I’m disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback.”

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

If Bowlen really is disappointed in Cutler, there is only one way to send him a message: Trade him to Detroit. The Lions previously were in the mix for Cutler, which sparked this controversy in the first place. A number of other teams — including the Bears, Vikings, Jets, Buccaneers and 49ers — also could be looking for a quarterback.

Cutler to Megatron could be fun in Madden.
                              Last edited by killgod; 03-15-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                                • Nov 2008

Yeah i read that article also, and that Cutler plans to skip the meeting tomorrow or something?
                                Idk.
                                I don't see him in a Broncos uniform next season, i'd think it'd be amazing if the Lions got him, since i'm a Lions fan, but anywhere would be good for him i'd think.

RIP West

Comment

Working...