Sources: Jets to revamp offensive staff

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

They had serious injuries along the offensive front , no RB that scares anyone and atrocious playcalling. This goes along with a drop in talent from last year to this.

There needs to be significant philosophical change and personnel. The front 7 on D and the WR/Backfield situation needs to be addressed.

No Sanchez isnt going to be good in a 60 pass game offense but anyone doubting his ability to win games , and be clutch is clueless..anyone doubting Ryan after the previous two years is also blind.

Jets need some tweaking. NY media is full of retards. These idiots wanted Eli out of town and were always bashing him until he won the SB. Like I said about Eli Ill say know about Sanchez. Hes fine and a pretty good QB one you can win a SB with. Make the system fit his style and you'll continue to have success.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• jeffx
      • Jun 2009

I can't figure out why the Jets decided to go pass-happy. That's not Sanchez's strength. Why is Rex afraid to read the riot act to his OC? Buddy would have punched Schotty out.

Sanchez isn't the main problem. Jets need to revamp the o-line, get a stud RB, a safety and a pass rusher. They haven't had one since Abraham. Rex has to be more of a take-change coach.

Comment

• Pills
        Go Blue!
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jeffx
        I can't figure out why the Jets decided to go pass-happy. That's not Sanchez's strength. Why is Rex afraid to read the riot act to his OC? Buddy would have punched Schotty out.

Sanchez isn't the main problem. Jets need to revamp the o-line, get a stud RB, a safety and a pass rusher. They haven't had one since Abraham. Rex has to be more of a take-change coach.
        Too many questions with Shonn Greene carrying the load, and LDT obviously isn't an every down back anymore. Odd, though, as they have a good O-line.

The difference between Eli and Sanchez is that Eli stepped up after a few years, and Sanchez just hasn't.

Going to be interesting to see what both NY teams do in the draft as far as RB goes.
        UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

This is a team that could have used Mark Ingram this past season. Greene is not a guy who can shoulder the load right now, and they don't have the depth that other teams have to keep rotating fresh legs.

This is really a team that needs to look at getting a back who can run 20-plus times a game, and is strong in between the tackles. Have Greene as a change of pace option, and possibly bring back LT as a third down back if he wants to return. This is a team that has to dedicate themselves to the run if they want to win with Sanchez.

And if the Santonio Holmes stories are true, get what you can for him. That kind of attitude isn't needed at all.

Comment

• Leftwich
            Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

If the Jags sign Brian Schottenheimer i will give up all hope for the next 5 years with this fucking team.

Originally posted by Tailback U
            It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
              If the Jags sign Brian Schottenheimer i will give up all hope for the next 5 years with this fucking team.
              Come on...when was the last time you had any real hope?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Comment

• StealthShot
                  Eat it
                  • Oct 2008

Jets will indeed fire Schotty and have Tom Moore fill in at OC or sign someone Rex can have control over not a coach that wants to be a head coach. The benching of Holmes was the last straw for Rex, he knows he could never have input on what the team was doing on offense once the coaches became closer.

Comment

• jeffx
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Pills
                    The difference between Eli and Sanchez is that Eli stepped up after a few years, and Sanchez just hasn't.
                    But as Carl Banks said, Sanchez's crisis management problems can be attributed to other issues with the team(poor o-line & ground game). Dude's worried about getting hit on every play.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

One think I would do is I would get rid of LT and try and get a better HB to compliment Greene. I think a more effective run attacke opens up the PA which is what Sanchize is good at. Green is a 15-20 carry guy at most, then need a good change of pace back.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by jms493
                        One think I would do is I would get rid of LT and try and get a better HB to compliment Greene. I think a more effective run attacke opens up the PA which is what Sanchize is good at. Green is a 15-20 carry guy at most, then need a good change of pace back.
                        Or have Greene be the change of pace back. Some guys lose it after 10-15 carries- think Felix Jones. I also don't think getting rid of LT is smart. In a third-down role, where he is responsible for blocking and running a few routes here and there, he will be very effective.

Comment

• Leftwich
                          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MV5gCkQAY"]David Garrard's game saving run vs. Steelers - YouTube[/ame]

Like 3 fucking years ago was the last time i had hope.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                            aka Reece
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                            This is a team that could have used Mark Ingram this past season. Greene is not a guy who can shoulder the load right now, and they don't have the depth that other teams have to keep rotating fresh legs.

This is really a team that needs to look at getting a back who can run 20-plus times a game, and is strong in between the tackles. Have Greene as a change of pace option, and possibly bring back LT as a third down back if he wants to return. This is a team that has to dedicate themselves to the run if they want to win with Sanchez.

And if the Santonio Holmes stories are true, get what you can for him. That kind of attitude isn't needed at all.
                            Holmes contract makes him literally untradeable and they can't release him.

Despite all of this, Sanchez threw for 32TD's and had one of the best redzone offenses in the NFL.

This was with not having Mangold in there and having his ass handed to him in the games he wasn't in there and the ineptness of Wayne Hunter who almost got Sanchez killed back there.

We had no WR to stretch the field like Braylon so Sanchez rarely went deep. The few times he did it was to Holmes who mostly just drew PI calls. None of the WR's could get free down the field when they DID run routes down field. The RB's can't break any big time runs...this was such a mediocre offense with no gamebreakers at ANY position.
                            Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                            Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                              Throbbing Tebowner
                              • Oct 2008

I missed Santonio..

Until Mike Wallace, Sanders, and Brown....
                              So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Rudi
                                #CyCueto
                                • Nov 2008

"If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky," - Boomer Esiason

Comment

Working...