Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

I wouldn't mind Chud (obvious 'Cane bias is obvious)...

but Brian Schottenheimer? Holy fuck. Is there a worse OC available?

My #1 choice is Winston Moss...but it seems they are going offense...which is understandable.

Chud would be fine. I like the idea of Pete Carmichael Jr. Whatever.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

As NFP reported previously to watch Jay Gruden as a serious candidate to be the next Jacksonville Jaguars head coach, now Albert Breer of NFL Network is on board with Gruden to the Jags as well.

Gruden, of course, is in the midst of coaching the Bengals in their playoff game against the Texans this week, but once the Bengals' season is finished, expect him to be interviewed quickly in Jacksonville.

Gruden has ties to the area, having spent a number of years coaching the Orlando Predators in the Arena Football League. So while, brother Jon appears content to stay in the booth as part of Monday Night Football, Jay's candidacy in Jacksonville looks to be gathering momentum.

It makes sense because Gruden has done a superb job in guiding Andy Dalton through his rookie season, and the Jaguars need someone who can help improve Blaine Gabbert's pocket presence and overall field awareness.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...n_jacksonville

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Oy vey.

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Owner Shahid Khan called Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars' franchise quarterback Wednesday night, and said the organization plans to use the offseason to ensure Gabbert realizes his potential.
          This was on the same day Khan bought all of the Jaguars' franchise. "We want to develop him and we need to give him tools and a dedicated coach," said Khan. "I think he's going to be a great quarterback. I think he is our franchise QB." We're giving Khan the benefit of the doubt and assuming he doesn't know a lot about football. He's going to have to find a coach with incredible self-confidence to go through with an undertaking like this.
          This leads me to believe we are going to go after a big name OC as our next head coach and probably a big name WR in FA and some offensive line help.

Gabbert will still suck though.

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Rudi
            #CyCueto
            • Nov 2008

Man I hope Gruden doesn't go to jacksonville. I love what he's done so far in cincy and its only his 1st year.

Comment

• ram29jackson
              Noob
              • Nov 2008

this wont change the Jags culture or improve their chances..just another ball coach going to another team, no big deal

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                I wouldn't mind Chud (obvious 'Cane bias is obvious)...

but Brian Schottenheimer? Holy fuck. Is there a worse OC available?

My #1 choice is Winston Moss...but it seems they are going offense...which is understandable.

Chud would be fine. I like the idea of Pete Carmichael Jr. Whatever.
                Winston Moss is going to be a fantastic HC in this league when he finally gets his shot. He may be getting a interview with the Bucs as well.
                Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Obst
                  RIP West
                  • Oct 2008

According to reports Jay Gruden said after the game yesterday that he is not ready for a head coaching position in the NFL. Chudzinski and Schottenheimer were interviewed on Thursday and Friday. Mularky will be interviewed whenever the Falcons season ends and then we find out whatever else Khan has up his sleeve.

Comment

• Youk
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Please take Schottenheimer

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Bruce Arians...

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

I read Joe Decamillis (ST Coach for the Cowboys) is in consideration as well.

Comment

• Obst
                          RIP West
                          • Oct 2008

Rob Chudzinski being brought in for a second interview.

Comment

Working...