Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

I actually am a Martz fan cuz I think he plays 21st century football. And thats not something the Bears are used to.

But the facts are, the Bears offered him an extension last year and he turned it down. Then Martz was linked with ASU for no god damn reason at all and no benefit to ASU. Martz ddnt want to stay, he wants to run his own shit, when he wants the way he wants. I dont think he was scapegoated, I think he didnt want to stay.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
      No Homo
      • Nov 2008

Another OC for Cutler. Great.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        No we haven't.

Rams, Lions and 49ers offenses all improved dramatically, and the results were immediate.

Bears were one win from the SB, and looking good this year until the QB and RB got hurt.
        Then I guess I didn't pay much attention. The media loves to have a negative perception of Martz.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
          Just imagine how fucking good Blaine Gabbert could be with Mike Martz. Some scary shit.
          Most NFL schemes require you to be even half way decent to be put something on film that can be even mistaken for "good". Blaine Gabbert is horrible and it doesn't matter if Bill Walsh rises from the grave, Gabbert is terrible.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

This was probably entirely over money. This past season Martz was one of the lowest paid OC's in the league. Maybe now that Jerry Angelo isn't in town the Bears won't go for the best guy they can get for minimum wage? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

• DSpydr84
              I need a sub
              • Oct 2008

I guarantee somebody higher in power was holding Martz back from running the offense the way he truly wanted to. Got fed up with it and bounced. Good for him. Hope he lands in a good situation somewhere else.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                Then I guess I didn't pay much attention. The media loves to have a negative perception of Martz.
                Understatement of the century.

Martz takes a beating no matter where he goes, despite the fact he always improves whatever situation he's in.

If a QB gets sacked, it's Martz's fault. If a QB gets hurt, it's on Martz. If the RB doesn't touch the ball 30 times and the team loses, no matter how ineffective the running game is, Martz is an idiot.

Look, nobody is perfect, and Martz falls in love with the passing game sometimes. He is ultra aggressive to a fault at times. But the results don't lie, he coaches offenses that move the fucking ball and score points. And the Rams never recovered from firing him. I would trade a testicle for a sloppy Martz era win, complete with four turnovers, 6 sacks, and 35 points right about now. Rams fans used to bitch after wins about blown time outs in the first half of games under Martz, now they just bitch about losses.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                  This was probably entirely over money. This past season Martz was one of the lowest paid OC's in the league. Maybe now that Jerry Angelo isn't in town the Bears won't go for the best guy they can get for minimum wage? I wouldn't hold my breath.
                  This is why I say the opposite of everybody else, who claims he's a guy who should just be a coordinator. His ego is too big for that. He couldn't get a job for two years and had to take that shit deal from the Bears just to find work, because his ego is enormous and people can't deal with him.

He has the ego and personality of a head coach, not an assistant. He deserves a chance to fail for fucks sake. All he did was win the first time.

Comment

Working...