X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Old Hoss after the Richardson TD:

Great. Now the score is a number larger than what most Rebs...er, Southerners, can count to.

Comment

• ralaw
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
      I fell asleep in the 3rd, woke up during the celebration, turned it off and went straight to bed.
      I feel asleep too....I woke up when Alabama was on the stage, checked the final score on my phone and LOL'd. I came to VSN and saw this thread, got some laughs and went back to sleep.

Originally posted by FirstTimer
      I had basketball practice...came home watched two episodes of Diners, Driveins, and Dives, turned the game on for a minute or so heard Musberger talking about Bear Bryant and answering his own hypothetical questions....back to Diners, Driveins, and Dives. I saw maybe two minutes of the game.
      Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is a great show, but it makes me hungry. I actually have tried making some of the stuff on that show.

Originally posted by shag773
      I watched the Sixers game, turned it on at halftime and saw Alabama was up 9-0, laughed, then Tebowed to thank God I didn't watch this bullshit...
      I would have been watching some NBA games, but the free League Pass is over.

Comment

• shag773
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by trojan49er
        I dont wanna go into the six degrees of separation math cuz thats a shaky line of logic anyway, but Bama has an outstanding secondary and the run game to control the pace against a team like OK St. OK had trouble with Stanford run game, imagine what Trent Richardson couldve done against them. Not to mention Stanford's D shut down Blackmon for a half with a much less talented and much less athletic secondary. Theyre defense gets better pressure on Weeden and covers better than Stanford was able to. Bama gave up right around 8-9 points per game on defense, thats straight up nasty. No doubt OK St would surpass that, but I dont think theyd score 30 points against Bama's D and with the way the Tide run the ball and the middling run D I've seen from the Cowboys, I gotta go with Bama.

Edit: 2,000 and I used it on this...damn
        Georgia Southern ran for 302 yards against Bama. Could you imagine what Army or Georgia Tech would do to them?

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          Throbbing Tebowner
          • Oct 2008

I watched 16 candles, and than the Gladiator.
          So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Youk
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shag773
            Georgia Southern ran for 302 yards against Bama. Could you imagine what Army or Georgia Tech would do to them?
            :megawhoner:

It'd be glorious.

Comment

• Argath
              $2 whore
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DoubleDeuce
              5/7 isn't "blowing".
              He missed an extra point...

Your kicker is fucking terrible

Comment

• Argath
                $2 whore
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DoubleDeuce
                5/7 isn't "blowing".
                He missed an extra point and it wasn't the first time he's missed one this season..

Your kicker is fucking terrible

Comment

• ralaw
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

ESPN's Alabama-LSU draws lowest-ever BCS title rating

ESPN's BCS title game Monday drew a 13.8 overnight rating -- the lowest rating in the BCS system's 14-year history.

That 13.8 translates to 13.8% of households in the 56 urban markets measured for overnights. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl. Last night's game was down 14% from last year's Auburn-Oregon title game on ESPN and down 24% from Alabama-Texas on Fox in 2010.

The new low isn't surprising. Alabama's 21-0 win was less-than-suspenseful, both schools are from relatively sparsely-populated states and from the same conference -- and there wasn't much controversy surrounding the game. And the schools had already played earlier this season in an overtime game where neither team scored a touchdown. CBS coverage of that game drew an 11.9 overnight

Coming into the title game, ESPN's BCS ratings were already down 10%.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...title-rating/1

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Money talks.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                      Buckeye For Life
                      • Dec 2008

and there wasn't much controversy surrounding the game

Comment

• Houston
                        Back home
                        • Oct 2008

Comment

• Blick
                          The Judge
                          • Mar 2009

Would like to see this shirt printed with the correct score...

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                            Jus' bout dat action boss
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                            ESPN's Alabama-LSU draws lowest-ever BCS title rating

ESPN's BCS title game Monday drew a 13.8 overnight rating -- the lowest rating in the BCS system's 14-year history.

That 13.8 translates to 13.8% of households in the 56 urban markets measured for overnights. The previous record low was a 14.3 for Miami-Nebraska at the 2002 Rose Bowl. Last night's game was down 14% from last year's Auburn-Oregon title game on ESPN and down 24% from Alabama-Texas on Fox in 2010.

The new low isn't surprising. Alabama's 21-0 win was less-than-suspenseful, both schools are from relatively sparsely-populated states and from the same conference -- and there wasn't much controversy surrounding the game. And the schools had already played earlier this season in an overtime game where neither team scored a touchdown. CBS coverage of that game drew an 11.9 overnight

Coming into the title game, ESPN's BCS ratings were already down 10%.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...title-rating/1
                            I think the reason for this is two-fold.. one it's on cable now (lol at having a major national championship for your sport be on CABLE)

Two.. The majority of college football fans hate the BCS.
                            Originally posted by ram29jackson
                            I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Bear Pand
                              RIP Indy Colts
                              • Feb 2009

It's not because it's on cable. Last years game got a 16.1 which was highest rated show in cable history.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                                I think the reason for this is two-fold.. one it's on cable now (lol at having a major national championship for your sport be on CABLE)

Two.. The majority of college football fans hate the BCS.
                                Three.. everyone saw the game already, and unless you were a fan of either team it was boring as fuck with no reason to believe the second would be any more pleasing to the eye

Four.. nobody was buying this as a legit title game unless LSU won

Five.. no big time star players. No Tebow, no Vince Young, no Leinart, no Cam. Basically, no star QB.

Six.. SEC dominance is turning CFB into more and more of a southern sport. I'd love to see the ratings in New York, LA, and Chicago. Places like Tuscaloosa & Jackson aren't driving ratings.

Seven.. back to #2...people are sick of the BCS. Needs to be said twice.

Comment

Working...