• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Stanford Routt Is a Chief

Originally posted by Rotoworld.com
    Chiefs agreed to terms with CB Stanford Routt on a three-year, $20 million contract.
    The numbers reported by NFL Network's Jason La Canfora are $19.6 million with a $4 million signing bonus. It's starter money, and makes it likely that the Chiefs will let free agent CB Brandon Carr break the bank on the open market. Expect Dwayne Bowe to get the franchise tag. Routt, who turns 29 before the season, is a press-man corner and fits Romeo Crennel's scheme. While he allowed too many touchdown passes (8) and committed too many penalties (17) last year, Routt posted career highs in interceptions (4) and pass breakups (15). Pro Football Focus graded Routt as the NFL's 19th-best corner in terms of coverage. While Carr will command more money, PFF had him 21st.
  • G-men
    Posts too much
    • Nov 2011

Way overpaid, but good for him for getting this deal.

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

He's not overpaid anymore, he did have a 5 yr 54 mil dollar deal. This is a good deal for him.

Dude cannot tackle worth a damn though.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Overpaid and overrated. Good riddance.

Comment

• Blick
          The Judge
          • Mar 2009

Typical Chiefs move.

Let Carr walk when you have 60 bajillion dollars in cap room and give almost 7 mil a year to this fuckin guy.

Genius, Pioli. Genius.

Only way I like this move is if we are able to package Carr in an attempt to move up for RG3. No way that's fucking happening, though. Chiefs have no marbles.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to be a fan of this horseshit organization.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

6.5 mil in total is guaranteed fwiw.

Comment

• Hitman
              Fist Pumpin to the Oldies
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blick
              Typical Chiefs move.

Let Carr walk when you have 60 bajillion dollars in cap room and give almost 7 mil a year to this fuckin guy.

Genius, Pioli. Genius.

Only way I like this move is if we are able to package Carr in an attempt to move up for RG3. No way that's fucking happening, though. Chiefs have no marbles.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to be a fan of this horseshit organization.
              So you think they should sign and trade Carr? Interesting. I'm sure he would totally take a shitty contract with no bonus from the Chiefs so they could send him to one of the worst teams in football for a high draft pick instead of being able to pick which team he goes to and getting monster money..

:wildthing:

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Hitman
                So you think they should sign and trade Carr? Interesting. I'm sure he would totally take a shitty contract with no bonus from the Chiefs so they could send him to one of the worst teams in football for a high draft pick instead of being able to pick which team he goes to and getting monster money..

They could franchise him and shop him around but then you have a situation with Dwayne Bowe.

Comment

• Blick
                  The Judge
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hitman

I wanted to keep Carr, but that doesn't look like it's happening now.

Like Aso said, you can use the franchise tag.

All I know is the Chiefs have the money to keep two of their best, young, homegrown players and instead it looks like they downgraded at corner in both age and ability.

Comment

Working...