X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwfisch
    No longer a noob
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by spiker
    It still doesn't remove the fact that Forte was the main beneficiary from Martz's system, similar to Marshall Faulk.

To take it one step further, Tice may favor a RB who is better between the tackles like Barber, so Forte may not even see the success that he has in the past. But I'm just taking a stab at that one since I don't own a crystal ball.
    I think Barber's all but gone. Lovie mentioned running back specifically as a position that needed an upgrade.

Comment

• spiker
      Beast mode
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by nwfisch
      I think Barber's all but gone. Lovie mentioned running back specifically as a position that needed an upgrade.
      He's easily replaceable anyways.

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I don't want to see the Bears invest too much money in the RB position. At worst, the Bears should offer Forte a second chance at their original offer and if he doesn't like it, then let him test free agency. Let him get paid somewhere else. Running back is a high turnover position in the NFL now. A good, cheap replacement is easy to find.
        Plus, you haven't even disputed any of the other points I mentioned. I'm assuming you agree with those? There's too many good reasons to let Forte get paid somewhere else.
        Nah, Ijust think the above is rather stupid seeing as the Bears can franchise him each of the next two seasons anyways. There's no reason to allow him into free agency and lose him before the 2014 offseason if the Bears don't want him to.

Comment

• nwfisch
          No longer a noob
          • Jul 2011

I'm not saying that he isn't talented but paying him a ludicrous amount of money because he benefited from OCs who were feeding him the ball half the time isn't a good idea. Emery and Tice know better than we do how they plan to use Forte moving forward.

Plus, you haven't even disputed any of the other points I mentioned. I'm assuming you agree with those? There's too many good reasons to let Forte get paid somewhere else.
          Or the Bears could tender him and get picks for him :wildthing:

Comment

• nwfisch
            No longer a noob
            • Jul 2011

Pay a pro bowl RB top 5 money for two years

or [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn4-ir9OPVo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn4-ir9OPVo[/ame]

Comment

• Aso
              The Serious House
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
              As far as Tice preferring bigger RB's..there's nothign to really show that. His most successful runner in Minnesota was Michael Bennett.
              Well I don't think Tice ever ran the offense. That was Scott Linehan's offense and he likes smaller backs (Jahvid Best as well). I don't think we really have anything to go off of.

Comment

• nwfisch
                No longer a noob
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by glenwillett
                Denver is either going to sign Forte or Ray Rice this offseason and since Rice will likely get some kind of tag slapped on him I think Forte is going to be our guy.
                So Denver's going to give up a first round pick for Matt Forte :joeybats:

Comment

• nwfisch
                  No longer a noob
                  • Jul 2011

Yeah that will be good. The guy has already shown he will sit out games if he doesn't get a long term deal, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to show up for a one year tender.
                  Yeah because it's "sitting out" when a player has a MCL sprain, and the team was out of the playoff picture by the time he was healthy to play again.

Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte has a Grade 2 MCL sprain, suffered in Sunday's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, according to the initial diagnosis, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Injuries such as these typically sideline players two to six weeks. There are four games left in the season.

Comment

• nwfisch
                    No longer a noob
                    • Jul 2011

Was he healthy? Were there games on the schedule still? That's sitting out games brah.
                    Seemed like the team wanted to protect their two most valauble assests on offense brah.

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

:gayrod:

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Was he healthy?
                      No.

Were there games on the schedule still? .
                      No.

Comment

• nwfisch
                        No longer a noob
                        • Jul 2011

And he wasn't hurt when he threatened to sit out the preseason... Dude is already not happy with the front office and tendering him basically ensures his departure IMO.
                        Threatening to sit out is not equal to a team protecting its most valuable offensive player.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Glen,

You honestly think the Broncos have a shot at Forte?

Comment

• nwfisch
                            No longer a noob
                            • Jul 2011

What does that even mean?

And what does it have to do with Forte's relationship with that front office already being strained?
                            If the front office didn't care Forte was going to leave, they would have sent him out every game to play no?

If the front office didn't care, they wouldn't be negotiating a contract with him this weekend no?

The front office of the Bears isn't going to begin their tenure by letting Forte go this year for nothing.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Also franchising him will be an $8 mil cap hit for the Bears.
                              The Bears have a shit load of cap space not really a concern.

Comment

• nwfisch
                                No longer a noob
                                • Jul 2011

Also franchising him will be an $8 mil cap hit for the Bears. On top of that Briggs wants a new deal and their best wide receiver is still Earl Bennett, among other problems.
                                Still $20 million of room left after that.

Comment

Working...