• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by glenwillett
    Two top 15 QB's in 4 years.... Kill me.
    If Cutler is dealt the Broncos will get something great for him. It could end up actually helping Denver out if Sanchez can pan out. Sanchez has the ability and the attitude, he just doesn't have the experience yet.

Comment

• Tailback U
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Leftwich
      I really, really don't like Stafford going to Jacksonville and I honestly don't think its gonna happen.
      Why do I feel like everyone is so down on Stafford?

What are his knocks? He obviously has all the physical tools to be an elite NFL QB.

Is it his attitude? Lack of intangibles?

What's the deal? Seems like everyone was riding Stafford's jock after his junior year. What happened his senior year that everyone is now knocking him?

Comment

• Leftwich
        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
        Why do I feel like everyone is so down on Stafford?

What are his knocks? He obviously has all the physical tools to be an elite NFL QB.

Is it his attitude? Lack of intangibles?

What's the deal? Seems like everyone was riding Stafford's jock after his junior year. What happened his senior year that everyone is now knocking him?
        First and foremost he wasn't a senior. Last year was his Junior Season.

Secondly, I don't think he is a bad QB. I believe he is the best QB coming out in this class but not as good as Matty Ice.

Finally, I think it's retarded for Jacksonville to draft a QB. Garrard will do just fine with the addition of Tra Thomas. I think Jacksonville is in desperate need of a WR.

It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Tailback U
          • Nov 2008

Secondly, I don't think he is a bad QB. I believe he is the best QB coming out in this class but not as good as Matty Ice.

Finally, I think it's retarded for Jacksonville to draft a QB. Garrard will do just fine with the addition of Tra Thomas. I think Jacksonville is in desperate need of a WR.
          My bad, I actually knew that, got my years mixed up.

I don't think anybody thought Matt Ryan was going to be as good as he has. Nobody saw that coming from him.

I agree, Jax needs a WR more than they need a QB, but I don't think Garrard is anything more than a game manager. That said, game managers have won Super Bowls before. Nothing wrong with a game manager so long as the team has all the right pieces surrounding him.

If Crabtree and Maclin are gone by the time the Jags pick, who would you want? I think Nicks, Heyward-Bey, and Harvin are all considered reaches with that pick.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

I gotta be honest...I don't like this Hasselmock...at all. In fact, its quite possibly the worst Hasselmock ever.

Comment

• Tailback U
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Lahey
              From the "take it for what it's worth" files - Michael Lombardi, former personnel executive for the Raiders for 8 years, and a regular on NFLN's "Path to the Draft" program was on the other night and basically said "I sat beside him (Al Davis) in draft rooms for 8 years, and I'm telling there is no way he (Davis) picks a WR at number 7 (Raiders draft poisition)." Lombardi went on from there to state that he see's the Raiders taking someone like Andre Smith.
              LOL...really? That is weird because...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Khalif Barnes, Oakland Raiders

NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi confirms that free agent offensive tackle Khalif Barnes has signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders. According to Lombardi, the Raiders have also promised not to choose an offensive tackle in April’s NFL Draft.

Barnes, 26, was drafted in the second round in 2005 by the Jaguars and has started 57 games in his four-year career. Barnes will compete for a starting job, as the Raiders cut veteran left tackle Kwame Harris last month.
              And there is no way the Raiders take Andre Smith at 7 with the way his stock is falling. Why would they want another Kwame Harris.
              Last edited by Tailback U; 03-17-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                Jus' bout dat action boss
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                I gotta be honest...I don't like this Hasselmock...at all. In fact, its quite possibly the worst Hasselmock ever.
                It's a work in progress my man, my last mock is usually pretty good.
                Originally posted by ram29jackson
                I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                  It's a work in progress my man, my last mock is usually pretty good.
                  Just joking with you. Looking forward to the next Hasselmock version.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                    • Feb 2009

You have to understand.. under this scenario - the top 2 WR's are gone. I am not projecting trades just yet. Thus Stafford is the BPA.

QB is not necessarily the Jags biggest need, but if Stafford dropped in their laps.. a guy that's arguably #1 pick potential.. you're almost compelled to select him.

However, I do believe a team like the Jets or Bucs would really work at moving up to land Stafford in the event he starts dropping.. and the Jags would make a lot of sense as that trade partner because they could move down and still get a decent WR and an extra pick or two.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                      Just joking with you. Looking forward to the next Hasselmock version.
                      I still have nothing but bromance for you Senser.

Lets hug it out.

Comment

• Rayman
                        Spic 'n Spanish
                        • Feb 2009

Like, Never??

Parcells took over the Jets in 1997.

So to answer your question, "Yes, never."

Comment

• Rayman
                          Spic 'n Spanish
                          • Feb 2009

I think it will take a couple of years for Sanchez to show his potential but I think he will eventually be a very good QB. He is very driven and very willing to give that extra effort that is needed to be successful. Not only that, but he isn't a hot-headed cocky SOB, he wants everyone to like him and will try his hardest to please his teammates. He's a good guy.

That said, I don't think he's NFL ready just yet. But in the right offense I could see him step in sooner than expected and do well. The Broncos would be a nice fit for him. Let Simms start the first year and then hand over the reigns to Sanchez next season because let's be honest, the Broncos are still a few years away from being a contender so it's not like it matters.
                          And a rapist. Don't forget that.

Cue Hasselbeck with the "Allegedly"

Comment

• Rayman
                            Spic 'n Spanish
                            • Feb 2009

That was all Kraft.

Remember the infamous "If I'm gonna cook the dinner, I gotta buy the groceries" comment and the subsequent walkout to the Jets?

That was what triggered it. Tuna was irate with that pick.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RayManHCP42
                              And a rapist. Don't forget that.

Cue Hasselbeck with the "Allegedly"
                              Errrrr... "allegedly"

Comment

• Rayman
                                Spic 'n Spanish
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                                Errrrr... "allegedly"
                                No Rome shot?

Comment

Working...