X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dell71
    Enter Sandman
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
    Len Dawson played in the 1960s, he never once threw for 3,000 yards in a season something that 20 guys did last season alone... Including greats such as Tavaris Jackson and Mark Sanchez.
    I agree with you that Blick made a lame attempt here, but please don't disparage the great Len Dawson by comparing him to T-Jack and the "Sanchise". Just the mere fact he played in the 60s is almost good enough reason to have never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season. As you note, football has evolved a bit since then.

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
      I was in no way trying to put down Dawson. Just Blick's little vendetta here that has now spilled into numerous threads. The Sanchize and Jackson drops were merely points of reference as to how much different the game is now.
      Your Len Dawson hate is misdirected and unjustified. We are no longer "Glenser".

Comment

• Berowsk
        Fuck Bitches, Get Wawa.
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
        I don't know whether to delete this thread or Berowsk's

And Warner. When Quinn has played he has been absurdly average.
        I only made mine after I realized the underlying purpose of this thread, which was to make a point. This one will be dead soon, hopefully people keep the game going in the other one.
        sigpic

Comment

• Blick
          The Judge
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Brady Quinn has been unable to unseat (Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Tim Tebow, Kyle Orton).
          Anderson and Dorsey didn't outplay Quinn in Cleveland.

Check out the 2008 Cleveland Browns Roster, Stats, Schedule, Team Draftees, Injury Reports and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Check out the 2009 Cleveland Browns Roster, Stats, Schedule, Team Draftees, Injury Reports and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Quinn and Anderson were about even in '08. Quinn outplayed Anderson in '09. Dorsey was on a different planet of bad QB play and shouldn't have ever been in the mix. But, he was. Why? Because coaches don't know what the fuck they are doing sometimes. You should be pretty familiar with this as you have vehemently disagreed with a variety of things the Rams have done over the years.

Now, notice I didn't say Quinn played well anywhere. He didn't. You're absolutely right that Quinn has been pretty bad up to this point. But is that Quinn's fault or the product of being in a shitty situation in Cleveland? I'd say Cleveland had a lot to do with it.

Quinn will not get a chance to compete for the starting job with Matt Cassel in KC. The Chiefs believe Cassel is good enough to win a championship with. They're retarded, but that's what they believe.

The idea that the best players will play is just coach speak. It's bullshit. Coaches and GM's have their favorites(sometimes not even with good reasons, like Cassel) and a pecking order is established. A QB competition is rarely instituted.

I'd love to see Quinn get a chance to compete with Cassel, but it won't happen, and that's out of Quinn's control. It seems like he's been getting a pretty raw deal so far in his career.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

You wouldn't give two shits about Brady Quinn getting a "chance" if he wasn't a Chief.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Blick
              The Judge
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Woy
              You wouldn't give two shits about Brady Quinn getting a "chance" if he wasn't a Chief.
              Wrong.

Comment

• G-men
                Posts too much
                • Nov 2011

NFL coaches have no idea what they are doing when it comes to judging quarterbacks. Blick does.

/thread

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Comparing 1960's NFL QB development to that of the 2010's...I see this thread making lots of fundamental sense. Would read again.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Blick
                    Anderson and Dorsey didn't outplay Quinn in Cleveland.

Check out the 2008 Cleveland Browns Roster, Stats, Schedule, Team Draftees, Injury Reports and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Check out the 2009 Cleveland Browns Roster, Stats, Schedule, Team Draftees, Injury Reports and more on Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Quinn and Anderson were about even in '08. Quinn outplayed Anderson in '09. Dorsey was on a different planet of bad QB play and shouldn't have ever been in the mix. But, he was. Why? Because coaches don't know what the fuck they are doing sometimes. You should be pretty familiar with this as you have vehemently disagreed with a variety of things the Rams have done over the years.

Now, notice I didn't say Quinn played well anywhere. He didn't. You're absolutely right that Quinn has been pretty bad up to this point. But is that Quinn's fault or the product of being in a shitty situation in Cleveland? I'd say Cleveland had a lot to do with it.

Quinn will not get a chance to compete for the starting job with Matt Cassel in KC. The Chiefs believe Cassel is good enough to win a championship with. They're retarded, but that's what they believe.

The idea that the best players will play is just coach speak. It's bullshit. Coaches and GM's have their favorites(sometimes not even with good reasons, like Cassel) and a pecking order is established. A QB competition is rarely instituted.

I'd love to see Quinn get a chance to compete with Cassel, but it won't happen, and that's out of Quinn's control. It seems like he's been getting a pretty raw deal so far in his career.
                    The issue of who outplayed who in Cleveland during those years is not the point, because none of them were good. The point, is that Quinn has been unable to outplay and win starting jobs over nothing but below average competition his entire career.

You directly compared him to a QB (from roughly 60 years ago) who had the misfortune of playing behind a hall of famer, a super bowl winner, and an All Pro. Len Dawson didn't play well his first five years because he basically never played. Quinn hasn't played well because he's terrible. He's had chances and has never looked good enough to beat out the likes of Ken Dorsey and a glorified FB.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

a 3 page thread about brady quinn. bigwill would never have allowed this

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                        Jus' bout dat action boss
                        • Feb 2009

Brady Quinn does have better abs than Len Dawson though.. so there is that.

Good to see Blick has reverted to MM style homerism. Never thought I'd see the day where one would argue Brady Quinn's addition actually improves a pro football team
                        Originally posted by ram29jackson
                        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                          Jus' bout dat action boss
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by G-men
                          NFL coaches have no idea what they are doing when it comes to judging quarterbacks. Blick does.

/thread
                          Blick watches film on YouTube like all the great scouts
                          Originally posted by ram29jackson
                          I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

Working...