X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius
    3rd place is you're fired
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Camby23Land
    Was he a great college player? I mean, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, etc. tore up the college ranks, but are sucking dick for coke now.
    Leftwich said he wasn't bad. NOT BAD =/= great.

You forgot Timmy Chang. Most of the guys you listed fall into the category of Chang as being in a good system. Michigan didn't have a good system and Brady is an anomaly.

Comment

• Camby23Land
      • Sep 2024

I was just replying to the stupid statement of "it's almost as if you can judge a player based on his college performance..."

Comment

• Diivox
        It's the other way.
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Blade
        Oh and Kurt Warner called.........that zona o-line wasn't magical in his days either. He made quick decisions in the pocket, had good presence and had a cannon for an arm. None of the qualities Kolb has ever had or even demonstrated in any part of his pro career.
        That's because the O-line actually tried for Kurt Warner. It's something you'd have to watch alot of Cardinal games to really understand (and I unfortunately did before I figured out that whole first row thing), but it always blew my mind how much better they would block for Kurt Warner. They believed in him, the whole team, the whole city rallied around that guy. He's practically a saint here in Phoenix and his steady veteran leadership was something the Cardinals had never really experienced before, and haven't since.

I was obviously wrong on Kolb, but the fact remains that if they didn't go get him, even the $120 million contract wouldn't have kept Fitzgerald around. There were an awful lot of people who were convinced Kolb was the real deal. The fans weren't going to keep selling the stadium out to watch Derek Anderson play either. They had to take the shot.

The other major issue for the Cardinals is that they somehow believed that Whisenhunt was a guy who could develop a quarterback. He can't. He totally had just finished fucking up grooming a young guy. Matt Leinert had it figured out: Whizz needs to stick with a quarterback, ride or die. He pulls guys in and out of the game like the rich kid in school who stops sharing his toys at the slightest insult. Kolb was another guy who was pretty green, didn't know the offense, plays behind a shitty line has been in "competition" with roster filler types since. He plays scared now, has no confidence or swag left, he's afraid of fucking up because one wrong move could be the straw that broke the camels back.

If they're gonna keep Whizz after this season, they need to get him a veteran quarterback who doesn't need alot of coaching. If the plan is to bring in a young guy to build around, they need to shitcan the entire front office and bring in people who have a reputation for being good at that type of thing.

Comment

• Glenbino
          Jelly and Ice Cream
          • Nov 2009

I was just replying to the stupid statement of "it's almost as if you can judge a player based on his college performance..."
          It's less about numbers and more about being totally unprepared for a pro style offense IMO. Lots of guys have put up numbers in the wide open Big 12 for years and then shown up to the pros with no idea what the hell is going on around them.

Bradford has come the closest to not being terrible so far but the jury is still out on him as well.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

Read the damn post again.....it's in English if you need a translator.......the entire point of the post was that he was terrible to begin with and there was nowhere worse for him to get to, he didn't regress because he's never progressed from anything more than a spread college QB.

You are an idiot.
            No you are. If you think Kolb has always been a 30% completion percentage passer without the ability to put even a single point on the board in preseason football then you're sadly mistaken. Yes, I understand he sucked to begin with but he he has gotten worse and if you can't see that I'm not sure what to tell you.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
              It's less about numbers and more about being totally unprepared for a pro style offense IMO. .
              Pretty much this...

I wasn't making a blanket statement that college success = NFL success. I am saying that from watching Kevin Kolb multiple times and noticing that he almost never attempted a pass from inside the tackle box, I guessed that he would have iffy pocket presence as a pro.

In sum, Kevin Kolb was a rag armed shitbum in college who compiled stats against poopdick C-USA defenses. He sprinted out on 90% of his throws and rarely threw a pass that traveled more than 5 yards in the air.

Comment

• Wrath
                Football IQ is High
                • Feb 2009

Oh and Kurt Warner called.........that zona o-line wasn't magical in his days either. He made quick decisions in the pocket, had good presence and had a cannon for an arm. None of the qualities Kolb has ever had or even demonstrated in any part of his pro career.
                All good except for Warner having a cannon. Maybe compared to Kolb but a cannon Warner did not have.

Comment

• Aso
                  The Serious House
                  • Nov 2008

Not sure what Blade is trying to prove with that Kurt Warner post.

I don't recall ever saying Kevin Kolb was a fraction as good as Warner was in Arizona. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove at this point because you're completely missing my point. I don't remember ever saying Kolb was any good. I said he's gotten worse and every QB has room to get worse... Kolb is 5/15 in the preseason with a pick and I don't believe he's even put a single point on the board. Last season Kolb was not a 30% passer and he did in fact put points on the board. If you watch his 2011 games to this preseason it's evident he's gotten worse...

Comment

• PP
                    • Feb 2010

Kolb sucks. How can anyone argue otherwise? He looks like is has down-syndrome.

Comment

• MVPete
                      Old School
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by PP
                      Kolb sucks. How can anyone argue otherwise? He looks like is has down-syndrome.

Comment

Working...