• Oct 2008

And that day not a single fuck was given

Sent from my HTC MyTouch4G using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Potatoes002
      You really think the Pac 12 is interested in Idaho, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, San Jose State, Utah State, UTSA or Texas State?

Wat.
      why let 4 teams move up just to get rid of 2? theres 3 or 4 teams in every conference who have been irrelevent for years. More teams in conference should happen and elliminate games with lower division schools...have nothing but in conference games.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
        When Texas State doesn't even want in it's probably time to call it a day I guess..
        None of the WAC schools are up to snuff academically for the PAC12.

Sun Belt and Conference USA are where these teams will shift to.

Idaho and New Mexico State are two schools that could drop down...I have doubts that Idaho could survive as an Independent at the FBS level and New Mexico State is a team that always struggles. Going Indy doesn't help these schools when getting teams for home games is going to be very difficult.

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
          As much as it sucks to see the WAC disappear, it's probably good for the strength of college football to consolidate the "mid-major" teams into the Mountain West and C-USA. Gonna miss the WAC, but this all started when 7 of the founding members split to form the MWC 10 years ago. The WAC was a goofy little conference, and produced a ton of good college coaches (Houston Nutt, Dennis Erickson, Lavelle Edwards, Fisher DeBerry, etc.), but it has never been stable. Remember in the mid 90s when they expanded to 16 teams and it was a gigantic clusterfuck? That was fun.
          How is this "consolidation" good for anyone? The only consolidation should be from the major teams, so then we have real power conferences and the automatic BCS big means something instead of having a 1980's-1990's ACC arrangement where FSU loses 1 conference game in like 15 years or a Big East automatic bid that usually ends up going to UConn. I think consolidation of the mid-majors is terrible, because they need to be in regional conferences for attendance, travel, and expense purposes.

I agree that the WAC's death knell was the creation and success of the MWC, but its still too bad that schools like New Mexico St. and Idaho are left "homeless".

Comment

Working...