Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Rate my work team

10 teams, PPR. Other than that, standard ESPN scoring, and two teams ended up on auto draft.

QB: Matthew Stafford
    RB: Trent Richardson
    RB: Shonn Greene
    RB/WR: Randy Moss
    WR: Eric Decker
    WR: Dez Bryant
    TE: Fred Davis
    OP: Cam Newton (OP is a flex option for any position)
    K: Mason Crosby
    DEF: 49ers

RB: Ryan Matthews
    RB: Rashard Mendenhall
    RB: Doug Martin
    RB: Ryan Williams
    RB: Alfred Morris
    WR: Kendall Wright
    RB: Rashad Jennings
  • red33
    • Feb 2009

If matthews comes back strong and trent or martin does solid then ur team will be good.

seems thin at wr, not sure how well moss is going to do.

Comment

• TheImmortalGoud
      No longer a noob
      • Jan 2011

That looks really good. I would drop Moss. He is only going to play 20-30 snaps a game in a run-first offense. Martin is expected to get 20+ touches a game, so I would start him.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
        10 teams, PPR. Other than that, standard ESPN scoring, and two teams ended up on auto draft.

Start Martin, Matthews, and Richardson at HB once all 3 get healthy. I think they will be great in a PPR league once at full force.

I don't like Moss as a WR 3.

The OP slot is interesting, haven't seen that before. Newton there is huge and probably means more than I realize given that I've never been in a league with that option.

Overall teams look pretty good and can definitely win it. You need to replace Moss, other than that, you're in good shape.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz

Weak RB's for a 10-team league, but I think you recognize that which is why you loaded up on depth.

Like others have said, Moss is not a good starting option in a PPR, because he won't be a volume guy. I wouldn't cut him because you are thin at WR, stash him for depth but don't start him.

Some of those RB's will be bums, you will know right away by Week 1, so cut a couple and scour the wire for WR's. Basically roll the dice on anybody available who starts, even if they are scrubs, you need bodies right now that play, forget the projects and sleepers.

Having Newton in that flex spot is pretty huge, I suspect you have a good advantage there.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Weak RB's for a 10-team league, but I think you recognize that which is why you loaded up on depth.

Like others have said, Moss is not a good starting option in a PPR, because he won't be a volume guy. I wouldn't cut him because you are thin at WR, stash him for depth but don't start him.

Some of those RB's will be bums, you will know right away by Week 1, so cut a couple and scour the wire for WR's. Basically roll the dice on anybody available who starts, even if they are scrubs, you need bodies right now that play, forget the projects and sleepers.

Having Newton in that flex spot is pretty huge, I suspect you have a good advantage there.
            Originally posted by Tailback U
            Start Martin, Matthews, and Richardson at HB once all 3 get healthy. I think they will be great in a PPR league once at full force.

I don't like Moss as a WR 3.

The OP slot is interesting, haven't seen that before. Newton there is huge and probably means more than I realize given that I've never been in a league with that option.

Overall teams look pretty good and can definitely win it. You need to replace Moss, other than that, you're in good shape.
            Not looking to start Moss actually, it will probably be Martin to start. Could be Jennings too, depending on the MJD situation.

The OP slot is interesting, but if you all ever get a chance to play with it, you have to utilize a QB. Considering a 8-10 QB will end up with as many points as the top RBs, it's worth it to have Newton and Stafford. Considering I wasn't very happy with the RBs I had at the ninth draft slot, that is why I went with them.

Comment

• Len B
              :moonwalk:
              • Oct 2008

The team is loaded. Newton and Stafford alone is absurd, never get why people do "any flex", as the QB is going to be incredibly valuable there.

You did exactly what you are supposed to do when you have a weaker RB core, and you're going to hit on one of those guys (no homo) to go with Mathews and Richardson when healthy. Will give you good flexability when Richardson plays Baltimore/Pittsburgh.

Wide receiver depth is ass cheeks, and the only thing I would have done differently is taken a flier on another WR instead of Alfred Morris and Mendenhall, or a guy who is guaranteed catches like Reggie Wayne. When you have as many good flier RB's as you do you don't need to waste a spot on guys like them.

Trent/Greene/Mathews/Williams/Martin was more than enough. Mathews and Martin will be your main two by mid season when you factor in receptions. Maybe try to ship a RB for an older unsexy WR who can get you catches in bye weeks.

Comment

Working...