• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

Originally posted by jms493
    rashard jennings.....
    Pay attention to the injury reports. Sproles just had surgery and will be missing at least a week or two if not more.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
      I literally know nothing.
      • Jul 2009

Every year my rbs end up all injured. Cedric Benson, out. DeMarco Murray, out. Darren Sproles, out. Shone Greene, out for bye. I'm left with Ray Rice this week and had to pick up Daniel Thomas.

Comment

• Saluki
        Ball So Hard
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
        Pay attention to the injury reports. Sproles just had surgery and will be missing at least a week or two if not more.
        To be fair when he asked that news wasn't out yet.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Saluki
          To be fair when he asked that news wasn't out yet.
          thanks for the info (I knew that mfer)

Comment

• kmanharris
            Seven
            • Oct 2008

Carson Palmer (vs bucs) or Joe Flacco (vs Cle). Flacco has burned me twice this season already with sub 10 point games. Palmer, although he isn't the greatest has consistently put up in the 18+ range. Thoughts?

Comment

• mcstl25
              M-Castle
              • Feb 2009

Week 8 Results

1. Antonio Gates 38 over LaRod Stephens-Howlings 91 and Andre Roberts 165 and Santana Moss 122 - Incorrect
              2. Antonio Gates 38 over Martellus Bennett 78 - Push
              3. Alex Green 184 over LaRod Stephens-Howlings 91 and Michael Turner 133 - Correct
              4. Jeremy Kerley 111 over Kendall Wright 174 - Incorrect
              5. Sidney Rice 206 over Darrius Heyward-Bey 129 - Correct

Comment

• mcstl25
                M-Castle
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Price
                Eli Manning vs Steelers

Or

Brandon Weeden vs Baltimore
                I can't imagine any circumstances where I'm ever starting Weeden over Eli. Go with Eli every week.

Originally posted by St. Francisco
                Start two, PPR league:

Sidney Rice vs. Minnesota

Titus Young @ Jacksonville (assuming he is healthy)

Darrius Heyward-Bey vs. Tampa Bay
                I think you have to go Titus Young after his last two weeks. He's probable this week so he should be a go.

Richardson vs Baltimore

or

Charles @ San Diego

Charles put up a big goose egg last week. KC plays tonight so give me some feedback ASAP.
                I'll try to remember to check this thread before the Thursday night game so I don't miss picks in the early games. Hopefully you went with Richardson. Charles appears to be an all or nothing back and it baffles me that KC doesn't get the ball in his hands 25 times per game to see what happens.

Originally posted by jms493
                Flex Question - 1 PPR League

Sproles vs Philly

or

Jennings vs Det
                I'm sure you've seen by now that Sproles is out this week with a broken hand.

Comment

• mcstl25
                  M-Castle
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                  Pick 3 WR/TE's- Eric Decker, Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, Jason Witten and Tony Gonzalez
                  Good lord, how did you end up with the three best tight ends in the league not named Gronk? My advice would be to look in to trading any one of those three to upgrade in other areas. Normally all five of these guys would be must starts. Given this situation, and this really is a shot in the dark, my top two would be Harvin and Graham because I consider them both to be "special" talents. Next would probably be Decker with a slight edge over Witten and Gonzalez. In a coin flip situation I'm usually taking the WR only because if the pass rush gets out of hand TEs may be asked to stay in to block. I don't think Witten or Gonzalez ever do much blocking, but you never know.

Originally posted by TheImmortalGoud
                  Pick 2 - Nate Washington vs Chicago, Cecil Shorts vs Detroit, Brandon LaFell vs Washington, and Andre Roberts vs Green Bay.
                  Andre Roberts and Cecil Shorts. Brandon LaFell is doubtful so you definitely don't want to start him. And even though Nate Washington may be the best receiver in this bunch, the combination of Wright and Britt both being healthy, combined with going up against a strong Bears pass defense, would make me keep him on the bench.

Originally posted by kmanharris
                  Carson Palmer (vs bucs) or Joe Flacco (vs Cle). Flacco has burned me twice this season already with sub 10 point games. Palmer, although he isn't the greatest has consistently put up in the 18+ range. Thoughts?
                  I'd probably roll with Palmer. Flacco has been really bad lately, and I'm not really sure why. The Bucs pass defense is horrible and Palmer is throwing the ball a ton this year. As long as Palmer can keep the interceptions to a minimum, I think he has a better day than Flacco.

Comment

• BigBucs
                    Unpretentious
                    • May 2009

I sat Charles. As for Bill, mfer dont play Harvin. Seattle is gonna rape Ponder.

Comment

• Price
                      Lets Tessellate
                      • Oct 2012

Last one.

Isaac Redman vs Giants

or

Lance Moore vs Eagles.

I'm leaning towards Redman since he'll be the starting RB this weekend.

Comment

• mcstl25
                        M-Castle
                        • Feb 2009

I sat Charles. As for Bill, mfer dont play Harvin. Seattle is gonna rape Ponder.
                        Harvin is in the top 3 in fantasy points for WRs this year. In leagues that are more yardage heavy, he's the top wide out. I'm not benching him for any tight end, except for maybe Gronk or Graham, even against the Seattle defense.

Originally posted by Price
                        Last one.

Isaac Redman vs Giants

or

Lance Moore vs Eagles.

I'm leaning towards Redman since he'll be the starting RB this weekend.
                        This is a tough one. Assuming that Redman is the starter this week, he should get you more consistent numbers. But Moore has the potential to go for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns. I'll pick Redman here just because he's going to get for sure touches. If Dwyer or Mendenhall somehow play (both are doubtful, but not sure if they've been rules out yet) then go with Moore.

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

Like you wouldnt bench Brees for Freeman It isnt Harvin thats the issue, its Ponders ass being reamed thats the problem.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                            I literally know nothing.
                            • Jul 2009

Kendall Wright or Nate Washington if jordy Nelson can't go.

Comment

• kmanharris
                              Seven
                              • Oct 2008

Glad you listened. Now reap the rewards.

edit: and is Bill's league PPR? If so, he has to start Harvin. I predict there will be at least 5 screens thrown his way.

As long as Harvin stays away from poaching AP's TDs in the red zone it'll be a good day.

Comment

• mcstl25
                                M-Castle
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
                                Kendall Wright or Nate Washington if jordy Nelson can't go.
                                It's pretty much a coin flip. Both are getting targeted about equally over the last four games. If I have to choose one, I'll pick Washington as he seems to be a bit more consistent, but only with a very slight edge.

Comment

Working...