• jms493
    • Feb 2009

Week 2
    Reggie Wayne (vs MIN) vs Kenny Britt (@ SD)- PPR

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

lol @ people still listening to this hack for advice. he got exposed in the first week

Comment

• mcstl25
        M-Castle
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
        lol @ people still listening to this hack for advice. he got exposed in the first week
        1) I never claimed to be an expert.
        2) If you can find one person who predicted that Peterson was going to play a significant amount of time, much less score two TDs, please let me know. In fact, I purposely didn't make any official predictions on Peterson because his playing time was so questionable.
        3) Anyone who thinks they can do better than me are free to play along in this thread.

Comment

• mcstl25
          M-Castle
          • Feb 2009

Keep CJ. Lloyd will have a good year, but Spiller has the potential to be a top 10 RB if he steals the job from Jackson while he's hurt.

As for all othe week 2 questions, keep posting and I'll get to them Friday or Saturday once injury reports are out and the week of practice is winding up.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
            As for all othe week 2 questions, keep posting and I'll get to them Friday or Saturday once injury reports are out and the week of practice is winding up.
            If you were the only person selling air, I'd suffocate.

Comment

• Len B
              :moonwalk:
              • Oct 2008

Castle mind if I answer these as well? Always nice to have multiple opinions for people to go by.

Comment

• mcstl25
                M-Castle
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Len B
                Castle mind if I answer these as well? Always nice to have multiple opinions for people to go by.
                Definitely. The more opinions, the better.

Comment

• red33
                  • Feb 2009

K I won't trade him.

Comment

• Len B
                    :moonwalk:
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
                    Week 2:

Kevin Smith @ SF
                    Alfred Morris @ STL
                    Lance Moore @ Carolina

Pick 1. I know you said you wanted 1 v 1 but IDGAF. Pick 1, hot shot.
                    All the stats say you should play Alfred Morris, St. Louis is horrible against the run and Carolina is surprisingly good vs the pass. That said, I don't think Morris will be able to find the endzone this weekend, and I think Lance Moore will in a high scoring game vs. Carolina. Both teams are 0-1 and neither can afford to start 0-2. Jeff Fisher is a solid defensive coach, and the Rams front four is actually pretty good so something tells me Morris has a pedestrian game and comes back to earth. I'm expecting to see Helu get put in the mix as well this week to give them more burst.

Smith is a no go, 49ers never give up touchdowns to RB's and Stafford will try to spread them out. If you want to play it safe go with Morris who will get you 6-7 points guaranteed, but I think Moore is the only player who can score double digits this week.

Originally posted by jms493
                    Week 2
                    Reggie Wayne (vs MIN) vs Kenny Britt (@ SD)- PPR
                    Wayne easily, especially in a PPR. Collie is coming back so he won't get his 18 targets again, but it's being rumored Britt is only playing 15-25 snaps this week.

Comment

• mcstl25
                      M-Castle
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
                      Official Week 1 Results:

1. Shonn Greene 248 over MJD 205 - Correct
                      2. BenJarvus Green Ellis 255 N/A over Titus Young 55 - Correct
                      3. Michael Crabtree 187 over Demaryius Thomas 305 - Incorrect
                      4. Kendall Wright 99 over Justin Blackmon 83 - Correct
                      5. Jared Cook 148 over Jacob Tamme 171 - Incorrect
                      6. Darius Heyward Bey 101 over Stevie Johnson 190 - Incorrect
                      7. Justin Blackmon 83 over Denarius Moore 0 - Correct
                      8. Jared Cook 148 over Jermichael Finley 189 - Incorrect
                      9. Peyton Manning 379 over Jay Cutler 400 - Incorrect

Week 1 Recap:

- Two picks ended up being incorrect because Cook was outperformed by Tamme and Finley. After finalizing my picks, the one pick I was really unsure about was Cook over Finley. Finley is an absolute beast and if he could just learn to hold on to the ball would be a top three TE. I still like Cook a lot this year, more than Tamme but not more than Finley. The thing I like about Cook is he never stays in to block, he ran a pass route every time he was out on the field.

- Another incorrect pick was Cutler over Manning. In most leagues Manning probably outscored Cutler, but not in my more yardage heavy system. Regardless, it was good to see Manning look like the Manning of old, and I'd pick him over Cutler just about every week going forward.

- I really like BJE this year. He doesn't fumble and I think Cincinnati's offensive line is better than most people give them credit for. He probably will never put up the big numbers, but should put up good consistent numbers going forward.

- I was really disappointed with Heyward-Bey's performance this week. Up against a Charger secondary that isn't great, with Ford and Moore out, I really thought he'd have a better game. Stevie benefited from getting a junk touchdown in a blowout.

- Thomas against Crabtree was my worst pick this week. Crabtree didn't put up bad numbers, but Thomas is that big play threat and he showed it with his long TD catch. I shouldn't have doubted Thomas and Manning when Crabtree has Alex Smith throwing the ball to him.

- And, yes, I gave crappy advice on Adrian Peterson. I have Toby Gerhardt on two of my fantasy teams, so if there was one player that I did a lot of "research" on it was Peterson. Most everything I read said that Gerhardt was getting the majority of the work this week. Most power rankings had Peterson ranked 50 or lower. What Peterson did this week was amazing.

- Two changes I'm going to make effective week 2. 1) I'm not going to include a player more than one time in my official picks (i.e., Cook or Blackmon). 2) If two players score within 30 points of each other I'm calling it a push.

Fire away.

Comment

• kmanharris
                        Seven
                        • Oct 2008

Michael Bush (vs GB) in the flex or Eric Decker (vs ATL)

Bush is handcuffing Forte btw.

edit: .5 ppr league

After typing this out it seems like a no brainer but I am really just concerned with Bush getting all the goalline carries again.

Comment

• mcstl25
                          M-Castle
                          • Feb 2009

Go with Decker. Bush may steal a TD from Forte every now and then, but he's also going to put up a lot of weeks with hardly any points.

Comment

• Senser81
                            VSN Poster of the Year
                            • Feb 2009

James Jones vs. Danny Amendola

Comment

• Champ
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Oct 2008

QB
                              Rivers or Cutler

RB
                              McFadden
                              Spiller
                              Chris Johnson
                              Michael Bush
                              McCluster

WR
                              Cruz
                              Colston
                              Boldin
                              Amendola
                              Santana Moss

TE
                              Hernandez
                              Cook

DST
                              BEARS

Thats my team

I need to start
                              1 QB
                              2 RB
                              2 WR
                              1 WR/RB
                              1 TE
                              1 DST

Help me out

Comment

• Tailback U
                                No substitute 4 strength.
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Len B
                                All the stats say you should play Alfred Morris, St. Louis is horrible against the run and Carolina is surprisingly good vs the pass. That said, I don't think Morris will be able to find the endzone this weekend, and I think Lance Moore will in a high scoring game vs. Carolina. Both teams are 0-1 and neither can afford to start 0-2. Jeff Fisher is a solid defensive coach, and the Rams front four is actually pretty good so something tells me Morris has a pedestrian game and comes back to earth. I'm expecting to see Helu get put in the mix as well this week to give them more burst.

Smith is a no go, 49ers never give up touchdowns to RB's and Stafford will try to spread them out. If you want to play it safe go with Morris who will get you 6-7 points guaranteed, but I think Moore is the only player who can score double digits this week.
                                This is my thinking too. Moore is the 3rd target on the Saints after Graham and Colston but those are pretty good odds when Brees is throwing 40 times a game.

My only concern is that I have Sproles, too, and I don't usually like starting two guys on the same team. Morris still has question marks but the dude carried 28 times for 94 yards and 2 TDs. He really didn't even do that well, he averaged around 3 yards per carry and found the end zone twice. Not to mention the Bucs/Panthers played in a rain storm so I'd be surprised if he gets over 20 carries again this week.

Still on the fence. I'll make my decision Saturday.

Comment

Working...