X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • St. Francisco
    45-35 Never Forget
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
    Call me crazy, but I'm picking Barden here. Nicks has officially been declared out, and Barden is the guy who gets all the snaps in Nick's absence, not Hixon. Tate has a pretty good matchup, but he's probably only going to get about 10 touches since he's the backup.
    Agreed, I currently have Barden starting. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

• kmanharris
      Seven
      • Oct 2008

Stafford or Romo? God dammit.

Then I have

Pierre Thomas vs GB, Michael Bush vs Dal (I'm assuming Forte will be useless).

.5 ppr league.

Comment

• mcstl25
        M-Castle
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kmanharris
        Stafford or Romo? God dammit.

Then I have

Pierre Thomas vs GB, Michael Bush vs Dal (I'm assuming Forte will be useless).

.5 ppr league.
        1) Stafford over Romo. I'm not ready to give up on Stafford yet. Assuming he stays healthy, I think he still has a good year.

2) If you are assuming that Forte will be completely worthless, then Bush is the right play. However, the Bears not playing until Monday night makes the situation a little tricky. I think you almost have to assume that Forte will play in some capacity since he's questionable. My pick here is Pierre Thomas, though I don't feel very confident about it because of all the unknowns surrounding Forte. The reason I'm going with Thomas is that I think the Saints will realize that the only way they beat the Packers is if they run the ball often. The Saints defense is trash, and the Saints running game has been surprisingly good. I think they pound the rock this week to keep the Packers off the field.

Comment

• TheImmortalGoud
          No longer a noob
          • Jan 2011

Andre Brown vs Cleveland or Donnie Avery vs Green Bay.

Comment

• St. Francisco
            45-35 Never Forget
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by St. Francisco
            Flex position, PPR league:

Ramses Barden @ Phildalphia on Sunday night, or Ben Tate vs. Tennessee at noon.
            I wish I could call it a push, but it's not. Barden had five points, Tate had four points, and I won 193-192.

Comment

• Obst
              RIP West
              • Oct 2008

For my Flex spot this week.

Brian Hartline vs Cincy or James Jones vs IND

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

Week 5 Flex Spot - 1 PPR

Bill McGahee vs @NE or Reggie Wayne vs GB

Comment

• mcstl25
                  M-Castle
                  • Feb 2009

Official Week 4 Results:

1. Matthew Stafford 407 over Matt Shaub 318 - Correct
                  2. Rob Gronkowski 248 over Tony Gonzalez 127 - Correct
                  3. Ramses Barden 82 over Ben Tate 38 - Push
                  4. Matthew Stafford 407 over Tony Romo 82 - Correct
                  5. Pierre Thomas 36 over Ben Tate 38 - Push

I really hope that nobody played Tony Romo this week. What a debacle. Stafford over Shaub is technically a win using my unorthodox scoring system, however, Stafford and Shaub was probably more of a push in most fantasy leagues. Barden and Thomas were disappointments, but thankfully Ben Tate didn't do anything either. Overall a good week.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Got questions for two leagues this week:

1.) Dennis Pitta against KC or Antonio Gates against NO?

2.) I can start two RBs and two FLEX, who of these five do you start in a 10 team PPR- MJD, Matt Forte, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson or LeSean McCoy?

Comment

• Golden Taters
                      RIP West
                      • Jul 2009

Should I start:

Alex Smith vs Buffalo?

or

Phil Rivers at New Orleans?

Comment

• BigBucs
                        Unpretentious
                        • May 2009

Lynch vs Charles vs Richardson can only play two. This is the dilemma I have every week.

Comment

• mcstl25
                          M-Castle
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                          Week 5 Flex Spot - 1 PPR

Bill McGahee vs @NE or Reggie Wayne vs GB
                          In unconventional fashion for me, I'm going with a receiver here over a RB who gets a lot of carries. My pick is Wayne. Both of these games have the potential to turn in to shootouts. Wayne is getting a lot of looks from Luck, and I think that continues this week.

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                          Got questions for two leagues this week:

1.) Dennis Pitta against KC or Antonio Gates against NO?

2.) I can start two RBs and two FLEX, who of these five do you start in a 10 team PPR- MJD, Matt Forte, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson or LeSean McCoy?

1) I still think that Gates has a good season. Last week Gates showed that he's close to 100% and I think he has a good week this week. Pita is a good option as well and may very well outscore Gates, but I'm going with the guy with the better history. My pick is Gates.

2) Good lord, how in the world did you end up with five top 20 running backs? Picking who will do the worst out of those five is like picking a needle in a haystack. Here is how I'd rank the five: 1) Forte, 2) McCoy, 3) MJD, 4) Richardson, and 5) Morris.

Forte is still a little banged up, but he looked good enough on Monday night. I think he tears through the Jags defense this week. McCoy and MJD don't have great matchups, but both are for sure starts every week. Richardson and Morris are about even, but I'd rank Richardson higher than Morris just because I can't bring myself to trust Shanahan. There is no reason to believe that Morris is the main guy in Washington, but Shanahan has pulled a switch at the last minute for unknown reasons before.

Originally posted by Potatoes002
                          Should I start:

Alex Smith vs Buffalo?

or

Phil Rivers at New Orleans?
                          Rivers. New Orleans defense is horrible and Rivers is still the much better fantasy QB.

Originally posted by BigBucs
                          Lynch vs Charles vs Richardson can only play two. This is the dilemma I have every week.
                          Not a bad problem to have. I'd start Lynch for sure. Charles and Richardson are two completely different backs. Charles has way more upside, but Richardson will put up the more consistent results. I would say it depends on where you are in your standings and what the rest of your team looks like. If your supporting cast is solid, then I'd go Richardson. If the rest of your team is mediocre, then go with Charles because you'll likely need the big points to win. As for my official pick, I'll go with Lynch and Charles.

Comment

• mcstl25
                            M-Castle
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TheImmortalGoud
                            Andre Brown vs Cleveland or Donnie Avery vs Green Bay.
                            I'm picking Avery. It's unclear how much time Brown will get this week, and Avery has a nice matchup with Green Bay.

Comment

• mcstl25
                              M-Castle
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Obst
                              For my Flex spot this week.

Brian Hartline vs Cincy or James Jones vs IND
                              It's tough to sit the NFL leader in receiving yards, but I'd go with James Jones this week. I think Hartline and Jones are pretty equal receivers, but one has Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball his way and the other has Ryan Tannehill. Greg Jennings is out this week so Jones should get more looks. Jones burned me earlier this year when I picked him over Amendola when he went for 15 catches, but I don't think the same happens this week.

Comment

• St. Francisco
                                45-35 Never Forget
                                • Feb 2009

Flex position, PPR league: Nate Washington @ Minnesota, Randall Cobb @ Indianapolis, or Sidney Rice @ Carolina. I am trying to claim Rice off waivers and drop Cobb for Sunday morning, so my hand may be forced to go with Washington or Cobb if it doesn't go through.

Comment

Working...