X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f16harm
    -
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
    Any Ravens fan that thinks Flacco is a top 5 QB is an idiot, but with that comment I think you are embellishing a bit, but that's just my opinion.

I actually read that article, but IMO it also clouded over the fact that when Flacco was drafted the team was built around the defense....an extremely strong defense at that. So, much like Trent Dilfer's run to a championship Flacco's job was to not turn the ball over, play safe, hand the ball off, etc. This really shouldn't be much of a surprise for young QB playing with a strong defense. Any idiot could tell that the Ravens success over the past 15 years has been centered around Ray Lewis and the defense. Ray Lewis use to always say that if the offense could get him a touchdown the Ravens could win the game. The article failed to realize that the team as a whole is in the process of transitioning into a offensive focused team, which is directly tied to Flacco's development.
    Then your VA-based living location doesn't allow you to soak in all of the glorious discussion and beliefs here in Ravens country. And my comment was also directly backed by Joe Flacco himself, as that is how he views himself.

Comment

• ralaw
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
      Then your VA-based living location doesn't allow you to soak in all of the glorious discussion and beliefs here in Ravens country. And my comment was also directly backed by Joe Flacco himself, as that is how he views himself.
      I actually believe you that there are people around that believe that, but those Ravens fans are idiots. You can't rank a QB based on his playoff record alone, because there are too many factors involved. The equation isn't that simple. Don't get me wrong, Flacco is still young, so he may get there, but he isn't there yet. It is just like those Giants fans that claimed Eli was a top 5 QB several years ago and feel justified now. However, they fail to realize that when they said he was a top 5 QB he wasn't, but eventually developed into one. Ravens fans will do the same.

LOL, Flacco should believe he is the best QB in the league. What should he say? In sports you should always believe you are the best because it is about confidence, which has an influence on your play. Flacco this year is far more confident than he has ever been and it shows. During his early years he was timid and lacked confidence, now he plays quicker and with a purpose........confidence.

Comment

• f16harm
        -
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
        I actually believe you that there are people around that believe that, but those Ravens fans are idiots. You can't rank a QB based on his playoff record alone, because there are too many factors involved. The equation isn't that simple. Don't get me wrong, Flacco is still young, so he may get there, but he isn't there yet. It is just like those Giants fans that claimed Eli was a top 5 QB several years ago and feel justified now. However, they fail to realize that when they said he was a top 5 QB he wasn't, but eventually developed into one. Ravens fans will do the same.

LOL, Flacco should believe he is the best QB in the league. What should he say? In sports you should always believe you are the best because it is about confidence, which has an influence on your play. Flacco this year is far more confident than he has ever been and it shows. During his early years he was timid and lacked confidence, now he plays quicker and with a purpose........confidence.
        Well I guess me and Rodney Harrison are the only two who disagree with this then. Confidence in yourself and that you are a very good QB in the league and can get it done? Yes. To flat out say you are equal to or better than Brady, Rodgers, Manning(s)....which he did do on the Football Night in America interview? No. It's not true, and not healthy to lie to yourself.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          Throbbing Tebowner
          • Oct 2008

As a person who lives near Baltimore and in Ravens country, and who literally sits 20ft from the wife of a Ravens Super fan inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame....your post showed that you didn't read the article very well. It says nothing about a teams problems, and that Joe Flacco is it. It's attempting to provide evidence that Joe Flacco isn't the top 5 QB he and Ravens fans think he is because of his W-L record, and that he actually does very little to have an affect on all the wins he has been given credit for. My guess is, this is the reason why the Ravens haven't given him the big contract yet
          Yes, probably based on osbscure statistic.

I read the article fine, I just think it's worthless. Flacco would appear to be a much better qb if he had somebody to throw to, and didn't have people dropping the ball.
          So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            Throbbing Tebowner
            • Oct 2008

Well I guess me and Rodney Harrison are the only two who disagree with this then. Confidence in yourself and that you are a very good QB in the league and can get it done? Yes. To flat out say you are equal to or better than Brady, Rodgers, Manning(s)....which he did do on the Football Night in America interview? No. It's not true, and not healthy to lie to yourself.
            Rodney Harrison is a retard. Just saying.
            So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

In a moment of honesty no athlete of any real value would rank themselves behind their peers. I don't see an issue with Flacco having confidence.

Comment

Working...