X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Question to Larry/anyone about Michigan recruits under Rodriguez

Can you give me the recruiting classes that Rich Rodriguez brought in to Michigan, as well as the rankings/star ratings of each recruit? I wanted to see how many "top recruits" Rodriguez brought in that never played a down at Michigan.
  • JeremyHight
    I wish I was Scrubs
    • Feb 2009

Change years as needed.

Comment

• Matt
      No longer a noob
      • Jun 2012

Plenty played downs....they just transferred or got thrown in jail within 2 years

Comment

• Argath
        $2 whore
        • Apr 2009

Damn I remember Sam McGuffie was supposed to be dirty what the hell happened to him?

I remember seeing highschool videos of him hurdling guys during the game and this was an every week kind of thing

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Argath
          Damn I remember Sam McGuffie was supposed to be dirty what the hell happened to him?
          I heard he flunked out of Michigan, although it wasn't really reported that way (he allegedly "transferred" to some terrible school like Sam Houston State). I just got done reading a book called "3 and Out" about Rodriguez's tenure at Michigan, and not much was said about all these recruits who were arrested, flunked out of school, or just never panned out for whatever reason. I heard the Tate Forcier guy flunked out of school too.

Comment

• Blick
            The Judge
            • Mar 2009

Wow...Sam McGuffie...there's a name I haven't heard of in a while.

I was intrigued so I looked up his wiki page:

McGuffie transferred to Rice University after his freshman season at Michigan to be closer to home.[4] During his first year at Rice, McGuffie had the third highest rushing yardage total of any back in Conference USA, with 883 yards and 6 touchdowns. He also had receiving totals of 384 yards and 3 touchdowns, making him one of only three players in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision to gain both 880 yards rushing and 380 yards receiving in 2010.[5] McGuffie missed several games during the 2011 season because of injuries including the last 5 games of the season. In the Spring of the 2012 season, McGuffie moved to a new role as a slot receiver and wide receiver.[6] McGuffie is currently the leading receiver for the Owls.[7]

Comment

• Matt
              No longer a noob
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Senser81
              I heard he flunked out of Michigan, although it wasn't really reported that way (he allegedly "transferred" to some terrible school like Sam Houston State). I just got done reading a book called "3 and Out" about Rodriguez's tenure at Michigan, and not much was said about all these recruits who were arrested, flunked out of school, or just never panned out for whatever reason. I heard the Tate Forcier guy flunked out of school too.
              He went back home to Rice because his younger brother was getting into bad things and didn't have a father figure to look up to. He now plays WR.

Comment

• Blick
                The Judge
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Matt
                He went back home to Rice because his younger brother was getting into bad things and didn't have a father figure to look up to. He now plays WR.
                Thank you for that brand new information and the heartwarming insight of Sam wanting to embrace the father role. Do you do stories for E:60?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

RichRod took over in December of 07. His first half-assed class wasn't awful, considering...probably the most notable being **** Roy Roundtree, also **** Ricky Barnum and ** Patrick Omameh on the OL, *** JT Floyd at CB, **** Kenny Deamins (all starters). **** Justin Feagin was a big get from American Heritage in Florida but the he was charged with drug conspiracy lol.

09 class was very strong...**** Denard Robinson, **** Taylor Lewan (one of the best OTs in the country), **** Craig Roh, **** Fitz Toussaint, **** Q Washington, ***** Will Campbell (bust early, but playing now...not sure as to his efficacy), **** Jeremy Gallon...best bust story is probably **** Tate Forcier.

10 class ended up being pretty bad. few guys that contribute, lots of guys who didn't qualify, suck, and/or somehow left the team.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

FWIW, Sam McGuffie was a Lloyd Carr recruit.

Comment

• Matt
                      No longer a noob
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Blick
                      Thank you for that brand new information and the heartwarming insight of Sam wanting to embrace the father role. Do you do stories for E:60?
                      No

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Just looking through the players he recruited.

2010...kid named Antonio Kinard...good kid, nice player...didn't qualify, went to prep school...ended up committing to Miami...was all set to go, and hell, was on Miami's campus starting fall football and there was a clearinghouse issue that came up. So, he went home...clearinghouse basically went dark on him...so, he sat around working all fall with his dad or something and even into the spring. Started up at a JUCO in the winter this year. Not a bad guy or a horror story, but maybe a bit of a tale about how some kids just fall through the cracks before even getting a shot.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

DORSEY SPELLED BACKWARDS IS YES ROD

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                            Buckeye For Life
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            RichRod took over in December of 07. His first half-assed class wasn't awful, considering...probably the most notable being **** Roy Roundtree, also **** Ricky Barnum and ** Patrick Omameh on the OL, *** JT Floyd at CB, **** Kenny Deamins (all starters). **** Justin Feagin was a big get from American Heritage in Florida but the he was charged with drug conspiracy lol.

09 class was very strong...**** Denard Robinson, **** Taylor Lewan (one of the best OTs in the country), **** Craig Roh, **** Fitz Toussaint, **** Q Washington, ***** Will Campbell (bust early, but playing now...not sure as to his efficacy), **** Jeremy Gallon...best bust story is probably **** Tate Forcier.

10 class ended up being pretty bad. few guys that contribute, lots of guys who didn't qualify, suck, and/or somehow left the team.
                            Just to add on to this, 2010 3* LB Jake Ryan is a great player. Really playing well this year especially.

Comment

• Senser81
                              VSN Poster of the Year
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                              Just to add on to this, 2010 3* LB Jake Ryan is a great player. Really playing well this year especially.

Comment

Working...