Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Kevin Kolb out a few weeks with rib injury

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb will be unable to play Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings and is expected to be out several weeks after multiple ribs detached from his sternum and he suffered a sprained sternoclavicular joint in his chest area against the Bills this past Sunday, according to a team source.

Kolb has been battered in recent weeks, absorbing 23 sacks in the past three games alone.

With Kolb unable to play, John Skelton is expected to start.

The Cardinals said Tuesday that Kolb has rib cartilage damage and will be sidelined, in the team's words, "an unspecified period of time."

Skelton, who beat out Kolb for the starting job in the preseason, was understandably rusty in relief after replacing the injured Kolb on Sunday, completing 2 of 10 passes for 45 yards in the overtime loss to Buffalo.

On the play he was injured, Kolb checked off at the line of scrimmage and called a draw play. Running back William Powell didn't realize it and Kolb was left alone with the football. He didn't quite make it to the line of scrimmage for what was ruled Buffalo's fifth sack. He was slammed to the turf with the football painfully pinned between his ribs and the ground.

Finally, Kolb got to his feet and went to the sideline. X-rays were negative, but an MRI revealed the extent of his injuries.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ry-source-says

So what happens if Skelton comes in and performs well?
  • Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Both of these dudes suck. Neither of them will lead the Cardinals to anything better than 7-9.

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz

So what happens if Skelton comes in and performs well?
      I doubt they get 4 wins with him ? I feel for Kolb in this instance, dudes been a tough cookie up to now.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by ram29jackson
        I doubt they get 4 wins with him ? I feel for Kolb in this instance, dudes been a tough cookie up to now.
        Skelton went 7-2 last season as the starter. Granted, last year is last year, but don't count the guy out. And he won the starting job entering this year as well, before an injury hit.

There were questions about Kolb over this hot streak about whether or not he would be kept on next year, when his salary really jumps up. If Skelton performs well, that just puts another nail in the coffin of Kolb's Cardinals career.

Comment

• ram29jackson
          Noob
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          Skelton went 7-2 last season as the starter. Granted, last year is last year, but don't count the guy out. And he won the starting job entering this year as well, before an injury hit.

There were questions about Kolb over this hot streak about whether or not he would be kept on next year, when his salary really jumps up. If Skelton performs well, that just puts another nail in the coffin of Kolb's Cardinals career.
          credit Whisenhunt, dude can win with career back ups.

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

They're a better team with Kolb, because they need his mobility. That O-Line wouldn't even be good in the CFL.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...