Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Packers better make a move on a RB would love to see Steven Jackson on this team.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
      Fuck em
      • Oct 2008

You guys are trolling hard, F16 is right, he's a great and knowledgeable poster, I remember when he was the FIRST person to break the big news and inform us that Jim Harbough had become the new coach of the Miami Dolphins, per his incredible insider sources. W2B, you are wrong about Jackson's contract, F16 knows his insider football information better than any other person here, I would listen to him.

Comment

• bucky
        #50? WTF?
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        If a team like GB or NE or whoever can get him under the cap, it makes a ton of sense. There is no risk.
        There is a risk, depending on what you have to give up. A late round draft pick, maybe. Otherwise I don't want to rent a RB for 2 months and let a possible 10 year player go because you gave up a draft pick. I'd rather have the draft pick then the rental, unless the price is right. Not that you are saying otherwise. I'm just saying it's not risk free. It all depends on what a team would have to give up.

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Sounds like a perfect player a team like Green Bay could pick up that they'll want to pay dividends in January.

Could probably get him for a 4th/5th round pick and cut ties with him in the off-season.
        I like when Ted Thompson has draft picks. Not sure I want Ted to lose a 4th round draft pick to use a guy for only 2 months. Really, Ted Thompson's strongest asset as a GM is drafting.

Comment

• f16harm
          -
          • Feb 2009

f16harm made this same post in the DeAngelo Williams thread.

Williams, like Jackson, is 29. Williams also makes roughly the same amount of money as Jackson. The difference, is Williams is under contract beyond this season.

f16harm's argument in this thread is that Jackson's contract makes a trade nearly impossible because Jackson is a free agent after the season.

Yet we have Williams, who is the same age & makes the same money, who is under contract beyond this season, yet f16harm claims that contract makes a trade nearly impossible as well.

In short, f16harm is clearly talking out of his ass and had no idea what the terms of Jackson's deal was, and then moved the goalpost and tried to reframe his argument. But we already knew that.
          Your reading comprehension is awful, in no way did I ever say the main reason the contract is impossible because he is a free agent at the end of the season. That is something a team is going to take into consideration though if trading, and I mentioned that.

The trades are impossible because of the contractually obligated salary that is guaranteed for the remainder of the season. No one is going to pay $3M to old running backs to rent them for 8-9 games. Not to mention the latest I heard/read was that STL wants a 3rd round pick or higher (lulz). I really don't know why this is so hard for you to understand and you keep trying to say I didn't know the contract. I exactly know the contract, in fact, it was explained during yesterday's Noon pregame show on CBS by LaCanfora.

You are trying some weak, old school Senser bullshit that I have read since 2000 on Maddenmania. Just keep posting and posting, the same argument, even when I have long left the conversation, to make you seem so smart.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

I think just about any team would be willing to give up 3 million and middle round picks for a shot at the Super Bowl.

Comment

• f16harm
              -
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
              I think just about any team would be willing to give up 3 million and middle round picks for a shot at the Super Bowl.
              A 5, 6, or 7, maybe, but that's not what STL wants for him. I guess we'll see who's right here between me and W2B by 4pm tomorrow

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

This is a win now culture in the NFL. GMs are more worried about the Super Bowl this year than they are about the Super Bowl in 2015. Someone(if not several teams) will be willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick to make this work

Comment

• f16harm
                  -
                  • Feb 2009

This is a win now culture in the NFL. GMs are more worried about the Super Bowl this year than they are about the Super Bowl in 2015. Someone(if not several teams) will be willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick to make this work
                  How many RBs have been traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the last 5+ years? Last big RB trade I can think of is Clinton Portis, when Denver got Champ and a 2nd.

EDIT: thought of another; Mcgahee to Ravens from Buffalo for (2) 3rds and a 7. I believe that was 2006 or 2007 .

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

I really wanted Lynch when he was on the market a few years ago from the Bills and the Packers had a similar RB situation. Grant was injured and we needed a replacement. For some reason though, I really am not feeling a Steven Jackson trade. Not sure why that is at this point yet.

Comment

• ralaw
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

NFL GM's love their draft picks, so I highly doubt they'd give up anything more than a late round (5-7) pick for an aging veteran running back. Considering the way they have used him this year (or should I say haven't used him) they have killed his trade value. A team isn't going to give up much to get him.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
                        A 5, 6, or 7, maybe, but that's not what STL wants for him.
                        How do you know this?

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                          Fuck em
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                          How do you know this?
                          Inside information bruh, Harbaugh to the Fins

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

How do you know this?
                            He doesn't.

Also, when the Rams don't trade Jackson, he is going to come into this thread with his chest puffed, as if that means anything relating to my original point...

...which is that he had no clue what Jackson's contract was, and then adjusted his argument.

Also, interesting that he now says a team will *maybe" part with a 5,6, or 7th round pick. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, THAT CONTRACT MAKES HIM NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO TRADE, BRO?? Why would the pick matter??

Sounds to me like the compensation is the issue, not the contract. Which is what I said two pages ago.

Comment

• Mustang324
                              Noob
                              • Oct 2012

Welcome!

Comment

• f16harm
                                -
                                • Feb 2009

How do you know this?
                                Simply stating what Peter King, Florio, LaCanfora have said.
                                Also, when the Rams don't trade Jackson, he is going to come into this thread with his chest puffed, as if that means anything relating to my original point...

...which is that he had no clue what Jackson's contract was, and then adjusted his argument.
                                Way to start covering your ass early.

I still laugh at how you think it is so impossible for me to know his contract. Like it's some secret info that there is no way I could know about. I already told you that even if I didn't know it, LaCanfora went over it in the pregame yesterday...which was before my post...so I would have at least known it by then.

EDIT: W2B gets a bit more time to earn the win here. Trade deadline has been pushed back to Thurs. due to Hurricane. (That would be 48hrs later, W2B, just to be specific so you can't try another weak argument that "he doesn't even know the real length of how far the deadline was pushed back, he's simply moving the goalposts on his trade deadline comment.")

Comment

Working...