• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Realist
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Josh
    Still not close. lol
    Closer than Montana and Young.

Bledsoe went to a SB. Smith should have. Remains to be seen if Kaep can win one or even ever come close

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

One thing that is certain is that Kaepernick can put more on his passes as well as get it deep with ease.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Not gonna lie. I was begging for Kap. Boy oh boy how wrong was I....

Comment

• Diivox
          It's the other way.
          • Apr 2009

I think we have to be Winston Wolf here... Let's not start sucking each others dick's just yet fellas. I think this makes Kaep a fantastic change of pace guy and Alex Smith is already comfortable with him subbing in for different packages. You stick with that. Smith has had two incompletions in his last two games. He's playing at a ridiculously high level right now and that team is for real. But if you are going to change generals you do it after fighting season. Nothing wrong with a few more snaps to Kaep though, and go ahead and use coach speak and smoke and mirrors everyone on who the starter will be, that's to be expected

oh and... i definitely think you start kaep from day one next year. but dont give up this years ring for another years, even if its multiple rings.

Comment

• Realist
            • Mar 2009

Smith contract is essentially three 1 year deals. Unless he wins the Super Bowl and shows he's the man for the future, Kaep will probably take up.

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Kaep looked great tonight, but one game does not make a franchise QB. Not sure if Alex Smith is that either, but Kaep isn't the instant starter because of one game. I started for the Bears tonight at QB, we lost.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Harbaugh said he'd ride the hot hand at QB. He didn't exactly endorse Smith as his QB. There is a good chance Kaep will get a chance to prove himself again this season.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                  Wakka Wakka
                  • Dec 2008

To think the Raiders were about to draft him than the 49ers jumped ahead of us to get him.....oh well we Pryor...
                  THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• ralaw
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                    Smith is completing 70% of his passes, has only 5 INT, and 3rd best QB rating in the NFL. How can you replace him at this point?
                    Smith has great stats, but I'm not sure that tells the true story. IMO Smith has reached his ceiling and for him everything has to be right for him to be successful. Physically there are things Kaepernick can do that Smith can only dream of. Harbaugh basically said he was going with Kaepernick, which says a lot about how he feels about what Smith has done.

Comment

• Bmore
                      The True Free-Man
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Josh
                      Still not close. lol

Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg?

Comment

• Villain
                        [REDACTED]
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Realist
                        Aso21Raiders has orgasmed multiple times tonight btw
                        So did I, but I missed the game.

That's the difference between Aso and I.
                        [REDACTED]

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Villain
                          So did I, but I missed the game.

That's the difference between Aso and I.

Not cool bruh.

Comment

• St. Francisco
                            45-35 Never Forget
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                            Smith has great stats, but I'm not sure that tells the true story. IMO Smith has reached his ceiling and for him everything has to be right for him to be successful. Physically there are things Kaepernick can do that Smith can only dream of. Harbaugh basically said he was going with Kaepernick, which says a lot about how he feels about what Smith has done.
                            That's really why my vote goes to Kaepernick right now, especially for next year. Smith has been more than serviceable at the helm of the offense, but he's pretty much reached his ceiling. Kaepernick is playing at a similar level right now, and his potential is immense. I keep watching this dude throw balls, his arm strength and touch is fucking uncanny. Last week, he threw one down the middle of the field to Gore, and he looked shocked at how hard it came in when he caught the ball...and I'm pretty sure he sprained Moss' damn finger last night throwing him a ball.

I think Harbaugh will likely go with Kaepernick this Sunday under the guise of Smith still recovering from the concussion, and then he'll re-evaluate from there.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                              Laughs Unlimited
                              • Nov 2008

Yeah I think Kaep is going to get another game to start after last week. And again I think Kaep will show up and do well.

It's remarkable how comfortable Kaep looks on the field. It seems like he can process the speed of the game better than Smith can already, and he's making all the reads to boot. He's not flustered. His mechanics aren't breaking down. He seems natural out there. And he's showed real veteran like adaptation on the fly with out there. Again, he looked natural.

The thing I have against Smith is how much he labors on the field, or seemingly so. It's like he's over thinking it all or trying too hard. I'm over Smith, I thought they should have cut him last year. Even with his stats this season, I attribute ALL of that to Harbaugh. And now look what Harbaugh can do with a real physical talent like Kaep. Amazing.

BTW, I'd LOVE to see the Harbuagh 9ers playbook someday down the road. That shit is cray cray. Great playcalling, coaching, and execution of the Harbaugh gameplan is all I think the niners need to make a successful QB. Be it Smith, Kaep, or hell Harbaugh could have made Jim Druckenmiller a sweet QB.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                                Stats definitely don't tell the whole story. As efficient as he has been, Smith is well behind the other top QBs in yardage and TDs. His YPA isn't that low. His attempts are. That's playcalling. Not to blame Harbaugh, as I think he playcalls to Smith's strengths very well and that's telling. He didn't limit Kaepernick in the same way and that was against a very good defense, and that is telling as well.

If Smith does end up getting sat down, he might be the most successful QB - in terms of QB rating and record - to lose his starting job to injury. That I can recall at least.

Comment

Working...