• Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Bears 2012 Season Report Card

Bears 2012 Season Report Card

Quarterbacks: D
    With the exception of a few games, Cutler was terrible when it counted most. He ended up near the bottom in every major passing category, and the Bears as a team were one of the worst passing teams in the league, which is remarkable considering the presence of Brandon Marshall. Jason Campbell underwhelmed when called upon, and did not justify his price tag.

Running Backs: B-
    Forte ended up with 1000 yards, but was seemingly under-utilized. Michael Bush was Chester Taylor/Marion Barber V.3. Grade would be a little higher had the Bears been able to generate a consistent running game. Bears actually ended up 10th in rushing yards, which surprised me.

Wide Receivers: A-
    Brandon Marshall was a top WR this year. Everyone else kind of sucked. Bennett was hurt most of the year, as was Jeffery. They get incomplete grades.

Tight Ends: F
    Self-explanatory

Offensive Line: F
    Self-explanatory

Defensive Line: A-
    Performed well for most of the year. Got shoved around in a couple games. Henry Melton emerged as a star, and other line members picked up the slack when Julius Peppers was not 100%.

Linebackers: B+
    Middle zone was a bit more leaky this year. Briggs had another exceptional year, but Urlacher was on his last legs. Roach was not outstanding, but he was not a liability, either.

Secondary: A
    I have to give this group an “A” because of the emergence of Wright and Conte as NFL-caliber safeties. This had always been a weak spot, and now it appears to be shored up. Jennings and Tillman each received DPOTY consideration at some point during the season. DJ Moore and Kelvin Hayden were exposed, especially in the 2nd half of the year.

Special Teams: D
    Bears managed to average less than 20 yards per kick return. Hester was pretty terrible all year, allowing several punts to go unfielded. Bears gave up a huge fake FG TD to GB early in the year. Adam Podlesh was blah. I thought Gould and Mare did decent.

Coaching: B-
    Typical Lovie Smith season. Beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones. If you were told at the beginning of the year that the Bears would go 10-6, would you have been happy with that? Or would that have led you to call for Lovie’s firing?

General Manager: C
    Got Brandon Marshall. Overpaid for some terrible FAs, and got next to zero production from the draft picks.
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

how do you feel about lovie getting the axe? i dont think the bears were as good as people thought they were early, and i dont think they were as bad as people claimed towards the end. 10-6 is a fair season for them. Lovie did as expected imo with the players he has to coach.

what more do the bears owners want when they dont have the talent to take it to the next level. i dont see how any coach could have done better. it reminds me of when the bucs fired Gruden....the coaching has declined ever since

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
      how do you feel about lovie getting the axe? i dont think the bears were as good as people thought they were early, and i dont think they were as bad as people claimed towards the end. 10-6 is a fair season for them. Lovie did as expected imo with the players he has to coach.

what more do the bears owners want when they dont have the talent to take it to the next level. i dont see how any coach could have done better. it reminds me of when the bucs fired Gruden....the coaching has declined ever since
      I thought it was a bad decision, and the Bears are going to be much worse next year. The Bears biggest problem by far was their O-line. Until they address that issue, the Bears will always be a good not great team. Also, the "collapse" aspect is overrated. The Bears had a bunch of easy teams at the start of their schedule, and ended up playing a bunch of tough teams at the end of their schedule.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

How has the Bears OL been able to remain so shitty for so long?

Imagine Forte behind a good set of blockers, scary.

Comment

Working...