• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmanharris
    Seven
    • Oct 2008

Rob Ryan fired as Dallas DC

per twitter.

The guy takes 7+ players off the street after losing key player after key player, gets pretty good results with them, and gets fired.
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

Hello Jets

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BigBiss
      Hello Jets
      interesting thought there

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Nah, their DB coach is already being promoted.

Which Ryan brother is more overrated?

Comment

• kmanharris
          Seven
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Nah, their DB coach is already being promoted.

Which Ryan brother is more overrated?
          You serious? Rob did a pretty good job this year with the shit hand he was dealt.

Comment

• BigBucs
            Unpretentious
            • May 2009

I know Ware was hurt but he looked completely lost against that read option shit. Thats bad coaching.

Comment

• Glenbino
              Jelly and Ice Cream
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kmanharris
              You serious? Rob did a pretty good job this year with the shit hand he was dealt.
              That defense has done nothing but get older and worse since Wade was bounced.

I saw a lot of Rob in the AFC West and for the life of me can't name a time where he's struck me as anything more than a mediocre DC.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• kmanharris
                Seven
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
                I know Ware was hurt but he looked completely lost against that read option shit. Thats bad coaching.
                Ware was absolutely awful and I agree he should have been taken out but did you see the defense we were fielding and who was out?

Lee, Carter, Scandrick, Ware, Brent, Brown, Ratliff. 6 of those guys were out and Ware should have been. We had guys picked up off the street starting on our defense for a lot of the season.

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

I agree, you all had a gang of injurys (welcome to the club) but just me watching how Ware played the read option was pitiful. Hit something even if its the wrong mfer.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                    Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by BigBucs
                    I agree, you all had a gand of injurys (welcome to the club) but just me watching how Ware played the read option was pitiful. Hit something even if its the wrong mfer.
                    best point you made all day; lol.

seriously tho
                    3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Umfer
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
                      That defense has done nothing but get older and worse since Wade was bounced.

I saw a lot of Rob in the AFC West and for the life of me can't name a time where he's struck me as anything more than a mediocre DC.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                      Mothafucka, People who don't watch the Cowboys religiously don't realize that Sean Lee was our best defender until he got injured, when the defense was at full health they were solid. It didn't help either when Romo would have his +3 pick games.

Sean Lee Victor Butler> Brooking, James.... Claiborne Carr> Newman Jenkins. You're right our D has gotten older in that time frame.... Stick to your Broncos brah

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."
                        god i love the Ryans

Comment

• Glenbino
                          Jelly and Ice Cream
                          • Nov 2009

Since I got groaned here's Rob's resume as an NFL DC...

2004 OAK - Defense was 31st in points allowed, 30th in yardage (25th/30th the year before)

2005 OAK - 25th/27th

2006 OAK - 18th/3rd... Maybe Rob has this ship turned around???

2007 OAK - 26th/22nd... No no he does not.

2008 OAK - 24th/27th

2009 CLE - 21st/31st (16th/26th the year before)

2010 CLE - 13th/22nd

2011 DAL - 16th/14th (31st/23rd the year before when Phillips was fired; they were 2nd/9th in 2009 and never outside the top 10 in scoring D's when Phillips was in charge of the defense for the full season)

2012 DAL - 24th/19th

If that isn't a mediocre resume I don't know what one is.

Comment

• Glenbino
                            Jelly and Ice Cream
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Umfer
                            Mothafucka, People who don't watch the Cowboys religiously don't realize that Sean Lee was our best defender until he got injured, when the defense was at full health they were solid. It didn't help either when Romo would have his +3 pick games.

Sean Lee Victor Butler> Brooking, James.... Claiborne Carr> Newman Jenkins. You're right our D has gotten older in that time frame.... Stick to your Broncos brah
                            Yeah because I was only talking about this season with Ryan... Stick to Madden BRAH.

I must have missed where the Cowboys were the only team to suffer defensive injuries this season. Go tell your sob stories to Ravens fans who saw half their defense either get knocked out or hobbled at some point this season and are in the divisional playoffs.

Thanks for bringing up Brooking and the Broncos though.. Denver hasn't lost a game since he took over for Joe Mays at MLB. Good thing Rob had that bum flushed out of town

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

he gonna be a Gang Green with his brother..........

see that whole picture developing already. they can fail together or succeed together and retire together........
                              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

Working...