Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Terrible hire, IMO. Game has passed papa Kiff by.

Comment

• Glenbino
      Jelly and Ice Cream
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
      Terrible hire, IMO. Game has passed papa Kiff by.
      10th in points allowed and 9th in yardage allowed when he left for college in 2008.

That would have been the best season of Rob Ryan's career.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
        10th in points allowed and 9th in yardage allowed when he left for college in 2008.

That would have been the best season of Rob Ryan's career.
        2008 was a long time ago, and he has been bad in college. Good thing the type of offense he has no idea how to defend are not at all proliferating the NFL game though!

Comment

• Glenbino
          Jelly and Ice Cream
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
          2008 was a long time ago, and he has been bad in college. Good thing the type of offense he has no idea how to defend are not at all proliferating the NFL game though!
          2008 wasn't that long ago and he won't be facing teams that can make seemingly endless substitutions as was the case in college because of roster sizes.

He has a long track record of being a great defensive coordinator in the NFL and I think if anything the college experienced makes him a more well rounded guy now because he's seen a lot more variations of the college offenses than other pro coordinators.

Either way, he's light years ahead of Rob Ryan as a DC and any upgrade is a good hire to me.

Some guys are just more effective in the pro game than they are in college.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
            • Feb 2009

Still don't know how I feel about this. Our corners aren't exactly prototype cover 2 guys. We have zero potential for pass rush on the Dline outside of Ware. Ware is getting old and noone else is capable of playing DE.
            Plus Kiffin is 100.
            Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

As a Redskins fan, I really do like this hire. Even if Kiffin doesn't transition Dallas over to the Cover 2, they are still likely going away from the 3-4, and for a team that is going to demand results next season, that is not a smart move. If anything, you bring in a new 3-4 guy to replace Ryan, because there will be changes in terminology and basic defensive philosophy, it's still the same system with the same players. Changing to the 4-3 is giving you at least a year to transition over, and I would argue probably a year and a half before you get the right players in and gain experience in the system.

Just a dumb decision, and that's nothing against Monte Kiffin. The guy was an excellent defensive mind in the NFL, and I think he'll be much better in the NFL than his college defenses indicated. If Kiffin is there long enough and allowed to implement his system, it will work out, but I don't expect that to happen.

Comment

Working...