• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheImmortalGoud
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2011

Browns Hire Rob Chudzinski As HC

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
    Rob Chudzinksi is a done deal. He is the Browns new head coach. Confirmed.
  • OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
      Fuck em
      • Oct 2008

I really hope that the Panthers get an OC in that is familiar with the read option/spread offense and use our backs and QB to their potential... Then again chances are Dwill and quite a few other Panthers will be getting the ax soon so we will see what we are left with.

I have a bad feeling about thsi so far, but also felt this year Chud was less than impressive with his predictable playcalling for the most part, even tho the offense did produce a bit

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

yeah because finding a OC that is familiar with the read option will be tough. i think they run that in jr high and can start looking there.

as for the hire...i dont have a problem with it. Chud has an excellent offensive mind. he led the team to their 10 win season in 2007, but was also part of the 4 win 2008 team that flopped. his resume doesnt impress, but haslem had said all along that he wasnt looking for the X's and O's guy. he wanted a leader who could be with the team for the next 20 years ala Steelers model.

pat shurmur is confused by this move.

Comment

• Rudi
          #CyCueto
          • Nov 2008

Glad the Browns didn't snag Zimmer from us

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Norv Turner will be the OC.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
              Formerly ravensownall17
              • Feb 2009

I really don't understand why they fired Shurmur if this is the best they could do. He has his work cut out for him, for sure...

Comment

• Maynard
                stupid ass titles
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                I really don't understand why they fired Shurmur if this is the best they could do. He has his work cut out for him, for sure...
                i agree. i dont understand why you go from shurmur to chud. its a lateral move for the browns. they should have let shurmur keep building if in the end this is the guy they hire.

Comment

• Argath
                  $2 whore
                  • Apr 2009

But any coach would love the chance to coach Brandon Weeden with all of his potential especially Jon Gruden!

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

It does seem like a lateral move from Shurmur. It's not like Chudzinski was on the team two years ago and is familiar with most of the players on the team, and they made a mistake getting rid of him.

The key is bringing in Norv Turner as his OC. The two of them should be able to help turn around the offense in Cleveland and get a consistent attack going. There is some talent there already to work with with Richardson and Gordon. The DC hire will be interesting, as Dick Jauron is probably moving on.

I guess this is it for Turner as a head coach now. A great guy, great offensive minds, but his teams always seemed to underachieve, and for the Chargers, that happened in the playoffs at their peak.

Comment

• Glenbino
                      Jelly and Ice Cream
                      • Nov 2009

I doubt Chud will be looking to cede offensive playalling duties in his first year which is something Norv will likely insist on and be offered elsewhere (the Cowboys are rumored to be looking to take away Garrett's playcalling next year).

I don't even know of I would call this a lateral move TBH. I've never been super impressed with Chud as an OC. He did nothing to help develop the young QBs in Cleveland when he was there before and wheatever success he had in Carolina last season he was unable to repeat this year. And now he goes to Cleveland who has a roster the exact opposite of the one he had any success with before.

The Browns will be looking for another head coach before 2015. Book it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• JBronxBombers
                        Noob
                        • Jan 2013

Don't know much about him but i do remember that back before the Dolphins signed Joe Philbin some of the fans on this Fins forum i post on wanted him to be Signed.

Comment

Working...