• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

Browns name Norv turner OC

shocker

CLEVELAND - Norv Turner will lead the Browns offense under new head coach Rob Chudzinski, the team announced Thursday.
    Turner's resume includes 38 years of NFL coaching experience, the past six years as the San Diego Chargers' head coach. The Chargers fired Turner this offseason.
    The 60-year-old has excelled as an offensive coordinator, winning two Super Bowls with the Cowboys in the 1990s. He brings his son Scott with him to the offensive staff as wide receivers coach.
    Other additions to the coaching staff include Mike Sullivan as offensive line coach and Brad Roll as strength and conditioning coach.
    “I am very excited about the coaches we have been able to add to our staff thus far,” said Chudzinski. “I have worked with Norv, Mike, Scott and Brad previously and know the quality of coaches and teachers that they are, and how much our players will benefit from their presence."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/f...#ixzz2IFxCFajn
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

....and this probably puts the nail in the coffin for Ray Horton to get hired as AZ's head coach.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

I thought Ray Horton as HC with Norv running the offense would've been an amazing hire for Arizona.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
        I thought Ray Horton as HC with Norv running the offense would've been an amazing hire for Arizona.
        Yep, that would have been a good move for them. With Chudzinski being an offensive mind, I wonder just how much Turner will have to do, and what happens when they have a disagreement over something scheme wise, or on game day? I guess he and Turner must have a good relationship if that's the case.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

Browns add Ray Horton as DC
          BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns have named Ray Horton their new defensive coordinator.

Horton spent the past two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, who ranked second in the NFL in interceptions and third-down efficiency. Horton has 19 years of experience as a pro assistant. Before he went to Arizona, Horton spent seven seasons with Pittsburgh. He played 10 years as a defensive back in the league.

Horton replaces Dick Jauron, who was not retained by new Cleveland coach Rob Chudzinski. Horton "will work very well with the young nucleus of players we have on defense," Chudzinski said.

On Thursday, former San Diego coach Norv Turner was named the Browns' new offensive coordinator.

NFC West Blog
          ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Network: NFL Nation
          The Browns also interviewed the 52-year-old Horton for their head coaching vacancy before naming Chudzinski their sixth coach since 1999.

Todd Bowles, who took over the Philadelphia defense when Juan Castillo was fired during the season, will replace Horton in Arizona, according to league sources.

The Eagles went just 1-9 with Bowles as defensive coordinator, giving up an average of 31.9 points per game.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

One hell of a coaching staff. A head coach is only as good as the staff he hires and I don't know if you could have a better 3 guys coaching your squad up.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

:weeden:

Comment

• Maynard
                stupid ass titles
                • Feb 2009

he got 8 mil for 4 years..same as norv...chud got 3 mil per for 4 years...thats alot of cheese

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Maynard
                  he got 8 mil for 4 years..same as norv...chud got 3 mil per for 4 years...thats alot of cheese
                  I wonder if those contracts locked them in for at least two seasons. I am not sure if that's been done before, but giving that money out, I would have at least attempted it.

Also, Horton was a great hire as well. Should do a great job continuing to improve their defense and he should allow Chud to focus completely on the offense and working with Weeden along with Turner.

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

It's not a lock Weeden is the starter next season though.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

no its not. mike lombardi was hired as the VP of player personel (another shocker) and has said many times he doesnt like weeden. Dude would come on local sports radio once a week and bash weeden

jim nance did an interview on sports radio here on friday and praised lombardi, banner, chud, turner, parker like they were his kids or something. it was kind of a funny interview cause he controlled it like he was the host

Watch CBS News live and get the latest, breaking news headlines of the day for national news and world news today.

Comment

• f16harm
                        -
                        • Feb 2009

at least he is eligible for social security if cut.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Browns put together a nice little staff.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Yeah, they could draft someone or make a trade, but for next season, Weeden is probably their best bet to start, and the guy they will have to work with.

Comment

Working...