• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bomberooski
    #GoHawks
    • Feb 2009

Percy Harvin Will Require Hip Surgery

I hate this. I hate this so so so much.

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin will require surgery in his injured hip, and there is no timetable for a potential return.

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin will have surgery on his injured hip, he announced via Twitter Wednesday. Harvin's tweet did not give any information on a possible recovery timetable, though Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network speculates that he may be out three to four months.

Harvin's exact injury is not currently known, but when Harvin was initially placed on the PUP list, it was reported that he may have suffered a partially torn labrum in his hip. At the time, Harvin sought a second opinion on the injury in the hopes of avoiding surgery.

If his recovery time is near the three- or four-month mark, he could still return and play this season, and the Seahawks will certainly have some decisions to make regarding his roster spot. NFL teams can now place a player on injured reserve with a return designation following the sixth week of the regular season.

The loss of Harvin for any significant amount of time definitely hurts the Seahawks, who gave up a first-round pick to acquire him in a trade with the Vikings during the offseason. Harvin was to be one of quarterback Russell Wilson's primary targets. More pressure will now fall on Sidney Rice, Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.
    I give rep not thanks
    My Audio Blog (Whoring)
  • SenorHerbatron
    TGT PS4 TEXANS
    • Sep 2012

At least he's not whining over a headache.

Comment

• Bomberooski
      #GoHawks
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SenorHerbatron
      At least he's not whining over a headache.
      Nope. He shared the migraines with all of Seahawk Nation
      I give rep not thanks
      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Harvin is an incredibly talented player that just so happens to be made of glass.

Comment

• Bomberooski
          #GoHawks
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
          Harvin is an incredibly talented player that just so happens to be made of glass.
          No joke. It's such a bummer. 1st round pick and $25 million. I have total confidence that we will be fine with the receivers we currently have (you're familiar with Golden Tate right Bill?) but that 1st round pick is a big deal and the $25 millions will break up this receiving core come free agency...
          I give rep not thanks
          My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bomberooski
            No joke. It's such a bummer. 1st round pick and $25 million. I have total confidence that we will be fine with the receivers we currently have (you're familiar with Golden Tate right Bill?) but that 1st round pick is a big deal and the $25 millions will break up this receiving core come free agency...

Comment

• Glenbino
              Jelly and Ice Cream
              • Nov 2009

Tough break... He was an MVP candidate for the first quarter of the 2012 season, but like Bill said he's an IR stint waiting to happen.

Comment

• Tailback U
                No substitute 4 strength.
                • Nov 2008

When did he suffer this injury? Recently?

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Never liked this move by Seattle. Yes, Percy Harvin is an electric player, but he is not a franchise #1 WR in my opinion. Injury prone, not a top-15 NFL WR, kinda small, but yeah incredibly exciting. In his defence, he hasn't had a decent QB in some time.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

More time to cut the sleeves off his t-shirts oh so perfectly.

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                      Word Life
                      • Jul 2010

Not surprised.

He sure is fun to watch when he's actually on the field playing.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE

More time to cut the sleeves off his t-shirts oh so perfectly.
                        Can someone show me how to do that?

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                          Golden Tate...isn't he the guy that was awarded a game winning TD on a play that was clearly an interception for the other team?

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                            Never liked this move by Seattle. Yes, Percy Harvin is an electric player, but he is not a franchise #1 WR in my opinion. Injury prone, not a top-15 NFL WR, kinda small, but yeah incredibly exciting. In his defence, he hasn't had a decent QB in some time.
                            God dam dave....

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Xixak
                              Noob
                              • Feb 2011

Comment

Working...