X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Packers LT Bryan Buluga lost for the season

Critical injury for the Packers on an already suspect OL.

• Drizz
    Noob
    • Aug 2013

Big loss

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Wan't he gone for most of last season anyways?

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

not good

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
          not good
          To me it's the most significant injury of the preseason so far. Unless a QB goes down, it'l be hard to top this one in terms of impact to a given team.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            To me it's the most significant injury of the preseason so far. Unless a QB goes down, it'l be hard to top this one in terms of impact to a given team.

The motherfucker barely played half the season last year.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Drizz
              Big loss
              Originally posted by ram29jackson
              not good

Comment

• ram29jackson
                Noob
                • Nov 2008

Yep, that's pretty much what not good means lol.

LT is a true football position that even in true a team sport is a very valuable anchor...except in Philadelphia cause he's left handed...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                  The motherfucker barely played half the season last year.
                  It's like I said in the other thread man, you aren't seeing the big picture.

They moved him to LT and have literally nobody else. He was being depended on to play the second most important position on that offense, because they throw 200 times more than they run and the line was weak to begin with. They have to keep Rodgers upright, and this is a huge, huge blow. I don't care if he played zero games last year, that's irrelevant to the OL construction of this season.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

It's like I said in the other thread man, you aren't seeing the big picture.

They moved him to LT and have literally nobody else. He was being depended on to play the second most important position on that offense, because they throw 200 times more than they run and the line was weak to begin with. They have to keep Rodgers upright, and this is a huge, huge blow. I don't care if he played zero games last year, that's irrelevant to the OL construction of this season.
                    Add to the fact that any serviceable LT is now going to cost them way more than their worth as well. Very tough loss for the Packers.

Comment

• MrBill
                      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                      Add to the fact that any serviceable LT is now going to cost them way more than their worth as well. Very tough loss for the Packers.
                      That might be a non issue since the Packers are $13M under the cap for this season.

Losing Beluga is huge. I am hopeful that the rookie can step up to the challenge (or some of that cap can find a journeyman) and that with an actual threat at RB that defenses won't be able to load up on the pass rush like they did last season.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MrBill
                        That might be a non issue since the Packers are $13M under the cap for this season.

Losing Beluga is huge. I am hopeful that the rookie can step up to the challenge (or some of that cap can find a journeyman) and that with an actual threat at RB that defenses won't be able to load up on the pass rush like they did last season.
                        The good thing about all of your receiving weapons is that they are a threat to break long runs, so the Packers can quickly stop that by taking quick three step drops to utilize a shorter passing attack.

I also wasn't referencing cap space. Teams stockpile talent at the blind side tackle position, so it's going to cost some in a draft pick if they want to get even an average piece. If it's not a rookie, it will be an aging vet journeyman, and the rookie is probably going to do better.

Comment

Working...