X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

youth football mercy rules getting Ridiculous

Usually, when a mercy rule becomes a bone of contention it's because the policy isn't instituted soon enough, until after a game is already far out of reach. Yet in one Northern California community the opposite is unfolding, with parents furious about a new rule that they feel is cheating their children and coaches of football and money wasted on fines. Continue reading →

With the new, harsher penalties, some players have begun insisting that their development is being hurt. One team has stopped attempting any field goals, leaving kicker James McHugh unable to attempt any scoring kicks except points after touchdowns. That's a problem for a 13-year-old who hopes to serve as a high school placekicker in fall 2014.
    Similar penalties are occasionally installed by other youth leagues, but they usually don't kick in until the disparity in score between the teams is almost twice as much as the 35 points being used by the NCFYFL.
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

The womans movement strikes again. A generation of pussies continues to cultivate.:sj:
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

What ever happened to the old running clock?

And if you must have goofy rules, 35 points is not a big enough disparity for them to kick in.

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

yeah..if you make new rules, they should be broken like 1 or 3 times. If you are giving out 30 fines or infractions, it should tell you theres something wrong with your idea

Comment

• Matt
          No longer a noob
          • Jun 2012

Back in my day. It was running clock once it got to 35 point lead. If you were up 28 it went back to normal clock.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
            Wakka Wakka
            • Dec 2008

waiting for Roger Goodell to apply these rules next year
            THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• Nash
              How Bout Them Dawgs
              • Feb 2009

meh, Gwinnett County in GA (where i grew up) is a football powerhouse and the league here has had a rule for years where if a team went up by more than 32 points in a game, not just the final score, they would fine the coach a pretty decent amount of money.

Teams would go up 32-0 and let the other team score just to give them the ability to keep running an offense

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Went to a Bantam football game a couple weeks back between our local team and a team that was playing its first game ever. They were learning the placement still, and how to do formations, and have to basically do everything. At the half it was 55-0.

Start of the second half, everyone is saying "let them receive again on the kickoff" after getting the kickoff in the first half. That didn't happen, and glad it didn't, because one of their kids on the kick off got down there and as the return man made his towards him, laid a beauty hit on the kid. I'm on the sidelines with the coaches of our local team and was like "where was that all game."

The local team did throw more in the second half, but they only scored twice the rest of the half. The other team started to learn the game and every play you could see they were getting better.

It was a blow out final, but if it was cut short, those kids would not have got a chance to learn.
                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

Shit is utterly ridiculous. Dont wanna get your ass embarrassed? Get better or dont play in the 1st place.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

When I think of all the problems in the world, a 13-year-old who hopes to serve as a high school placekicker in fall 2014 ranks near the top.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                      Noob
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                      When I think of all the problems in the world, a 13-year-old who hopes to serve as a high school placekicker in fall 2014 ranks near the top.
                      don't be knocking kickers. They still score more points than most players. It is , after all, still Football

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBucs
                        Shit is utterly ridiculous. Dont wanna get your ass embarrassed? Get better or dont play in the 1st place.
                        Kind of a catch-22, because its hard to get better if you don't play. Some of the youth sports leagues I've been involved with are ridiculous. There is usually a loser dad who thought he should have been a pro athlete, and he's the guy who's been involved with the league for a number of years and ensures that all the best kids are on his team. Then all the kids nobody wants are stuck on the same team. I think the real issue can't be solved by in-game rules, but by re-organizing these leagues so that there is a competitive balance.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                          don't be knocking kickers. They still score more points than most players. It is , after all, still Football
                          Good point. I recently attended a youth football game, and the score was 18-15. One team kicked 6 FGs, the other team kicked 5 FGs, which isn't odd considering how prevelent FGs are in youth football. The one team's kicker hit a 55-yarder to win the game. It was like watching Jan Stenerud vs. Morten Andersen. Its too bad that a rule might have an effect on the all-important youth league FG attempt.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                            Kind of a catch-22, because its hard to get better if you don't play. Some of the youth sports leagues I've been involved with are ridiculous. There is usually a loser dad who thought he should have been a pro athlete, and he's the guy who's been involved with the league for a number of years and ensures that all the best kids are on his team. Then all the kids nobody wants are stuck on the same team. I think the real issue can't be solved by in-game rules, but by re-organizing these leagues so that there is a competitive balance.
                            I am so fascinated by dumb ass adults like that. I would gladly coach the weakest team in a league and help them grow as people, learn a sport and just have some freaking fun...soccer dads are worse than soccer moms LOL

Comment

Working...