X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

Sam Bradford,NFL active players yards per pass attempt leaders, career

I looked this up when I looked at other forums bashing the dude.He's 36th = last

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

St. Louis has lots of problems and i'm not the type who bashes players and last year he had some good games and decent stats. But it must be time for a change.
  • Atlas
    BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
    • Feb 2010

Bradford has David Carr syndrome, he took too many licks in college and early on in his career, so anytime he senses pressure, he breaks down and panics. I think Kurt Warner said it last night: he can't play with traffic in the pocket, anytime he is under duress, everything goes out the window and he looks like a terrible QB, which he really isn't.

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Atlas
      Bradford has David Carr syndrome, he took too many licks in college and early on in his career, so anytime he senses pressure, he breaks down and panics. I think Kurt Warner said it last night: he can't play with traffic in the pocket, anytime he is under duress, everything goes out the window and he looks like a terrible QB, which he really isn't.
      well, that in essence is pretty much why he is a bad QB isn't it ?

Comment

• Atlas
        BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
        • Feb 2010

Not necessarily, he has all the tools to be a competent QB, but lack of a supporting cast compounds the appearance he is terrible. I argued with Warner in the CB for a long while last night stating what you just posted, he places blame more on the rest of the offense, I place it mostly on the QB. We agreed to disagree, but I don't think he was/is a terrible QB, he just needs to fix his current issues, which David Carr never did.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

They need to throw it deep more often. All theyve done is throw passes 10 yards and shorter. They need to be more aggressive.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

FYI VSNers...ATLAS sees the game differently then the rest of us.

Last edited by jms493; 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• ram29jackson
              Noob
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
              FYI VSNers...ATLAS seems the game differently then the rest of us.

no...in football theres a million things that have to go right and each position helps the other so who really knows how bad he is or why?

Andy Reid told Alex Smith this year he wanted to get him to be the guy he was in the first 9 games of 2012 when he was 3rd in passer rating.
              the team may have helped Alex get there but the coaches know all the stats too

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Bradford just isn't a top QB, and probably fits in best in the "below average" category...I've seen some small samples of average play, too...average can get the Rams far, provided the skill players are up to par. Some argue they are not...if they aren't...then someone has to go.

I was also in the mix in the discussion in #thebox...its either one of two things...Bradford stinks or the decision makers did a piss poor job spending lots of available assets (cap and draft picks) on surrounding Bradford with a cast. Since they've drafted Bradford, they've signed or drafted Roger Saffold, Pettis, Austin, Givens, Quick, Kendricks, Jared Cook, Jake Long, Isaiah Pead. That might be more offensive assets (cap and draft picks) being put on one side of the ball than any other team in football in that given time period.

If this is a disaster and its not working...someone has to go. If its Bradford...bye. If its the decision makers...bye.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aso
                  They need to throw it deep more often. All theyve done is throw passes 10 yards and shorter. They need to be more aggressive.
                  That will never happen with Brian Schottenheimer running the offense.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                    Noob
                    • Nov 2008

Tony Romo is number 3..just sayin'

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

2013 game log: http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2013/

First two games, zero sacks.

Last two games, a billion sacks, including last night playing with the #3 tackle at LT, and a backup G at RT.

Bradford is not a guy who is going to carry a team when the castle crumbles around him. The Rams are also well on their way to a historically bad rushing season. Through 25% of the season, they have averaged 2.6 yards per carry, good for 189 yards rushing. Even in the age of the running back mattering less than ever, where you can get by with just about anybody totting the rock, the Rams have one RB (Daryl Richardson) who I suspect would make 50% of the leagues rosters. And he would be a third down change if pace guy at best on those teams, and buried deep on the bench of the others. The rest of the Rams backs are waiver wire fodder. It's bad.

The WR's are kids. Austin Pettis is the "senior" member of the group, 3rd year pro. He might be the slowest WR in football. Chris Givens is a #2 or #3 on an average team, he's the #1 on this team and by far the only threat at the position. Tavon Austin has shown nothing, and in my opinion is being misused. Brian Quick stinks. Stedman Bailey never plays, which tells you all you need to know about him, considering the slop in front of him on the depth chart. With all that said, they deserve some rope to develop. They are all under 25, most under 23.

The TE's are fine. Cook is very good, Kendricks is a bust but fine as a backup.

I'm not making excuses for Bradford, because I don't think he's elite and have never felt he was elite. I didn't even want to draft him, if you recall. But he's hardly the biggest problem with this awful, anemic offense. He can be above average, even very good, when things are going reasonably well around him. That sounds like any QB, but it really isn't. Some guys are just bums. He's not a bum. His ceiling is Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan. He's too good to bench, and not good enough to be a game changer. He's just a guy.

Short of Peyton Manning or Brady and maybe Brees there isnt a single QB in the league who wouldnt struggle in this offense right now.

Comment

• Glenbino
                        Jelly and Ice Cream
                        • Nov 2009

Any state that counts Cam Newton and Matt Schaub among its leaders should definitely be used to define whether a QB is elite or not

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

I will say this about Bradford. His TD/INT this year is still 7/3.

He's a guy that if you look at his numbers, never throws a lot of INT's. He doesn't turn the ball over. If you look at his league adjusted INT%'s, he's always better than average and usually among the best in the league.

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

Yards per completion is a pitiful 10.2.

Comment

• MVPete
                              Old School
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jms493
                              FYI VSNers...ATLAS sees the game differently then the rest of us.

Post of the year nominee.

Comment

Working...