X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bear Pand
    RIP Indy Colts
    • Feb 2009

Kyle Orton 2013 Tracker | Orton's Last Stand

Finally, Kyle Orton's plan has paid off. Every team wanted to sign him as a starter but he took the backup job in Dallas...knowing that Romo would fail and Orton would once again take the reigns of an NFL Offense.

It's time firends, it's time.
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Knew this would bring you back. :orton:

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

I thought since the Cowboys signed Orton that he could be a better starter than Romo for them, now lets see what happens. If they try and do a lot with Orton's arm and stretch the field vertically, Orton could have a huge game.

Comment

• Buzzman
        • Oct 2008

I really hope thats sarcasm.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Buzzman
          I really hope thats sarcasm.
          Romo has cost them so much over the years, it's lulzy as a Redskins fan but it has to suck for the franchise. I know some of those are debatable points, and there is also the amount of punishment he's taken behind their offensive lines over the past few seasons. I advocated last season with the Bills and Chiefs desperate for a QB to plug in, they could easily move Romo for a first and more, pick up a position of need, start Orton and still be in position for the playoffs.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Romo has cost them so much over the years, it's lulzy as a Redskins fan but it has to suck for the franchise. I know some of those are debatable points, and there is also the amount of punishment he's taken behind their offensive lines over the past few seasons. I advocated last season with the Bills and Chiefs desperate for a QB to plug in, they could easily move Romo for a first and more, pick up a position of need, start Orton and still be in position for the playoffs.
            Well the opportunity to move Romo has come and gone. He now has 13.5M guaranteed for next season and did sign a large contract with 55M guaranteed overall just in the offseason.

Some Eagles fans are thinking its a foregone conclusion they're in the playoffs too now that Orton has to start. I guess we'll see what Orton can do.

Comment

• Buzzman
              • Oct 2008

They win 5 games max if Orton was their starter.

Comment

• BigBucs
                Unpretentious
                • May 2009

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Aso
                  Well the opportunity to move Romo has come and gone. He now has 13.5M guaranteed for next season and did sign a large contract with 55M guaranteed overall just in the offseason.

Some Eagles fans are thinking its a foregone conclusion they're in the playoffs too now that Orton has to start. I guess we'll see what Orton can do.
                  I know Romo isn't going anywhere now, but I believe Orton still gives them a great chance to win games if they tailor the offense to him.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

So much for Tony Romo playing in Week 17.

The Cowboys said Friday that Romo has undergone back surgery and has been placed on the IR list, ending his season with a week to go and with the team set to play the Eagles for the NFC East title on Sunday and a spot in the postseason.

This means that Kyle Orton, who hasn't started a game since 2011, will face Philadelphia with the newly-signed Jon Kitna as the backup quarterback.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...rest-of-season
                    Time for the Orton-chise to prove he can take this team where Tony Romo has not, and that's into the playoffs

Comment

• Woy
                      RIP West
                      • Dec 2008

Time for the Orton-chise to prove he can take this team where Tony Romo has not, and that's into the playoffs
                      Except Romo's already done that three times.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Woy
                        Except Romo's already done that three times.
                        Choked away last year, and if memory serves, the year before that as well.

Comment

• kmanharris
                          Seven
                          • Oct 2008

Your hating knows no bounds. Now you just resort to making stuff up.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by kmanharris
                            Your hating knows no bounds. Now you just resort to making stuff up.
                            Just bullshitting, what's wrong with wanting Orton to succeed? Not to mention, I'd love to be right about trading Romo last off-season being a good decision. Wait, is this a Washington fan actually rooting for the Cowboys? And you're going to call me a hater?

Comment

• kmanharris
                              Seven
                              • Oct 2008

Just bullshitting, what's wrong with wanting Orton to succeed? Not to mention, I'd love to be right about trading Romo last off-season being a good decision. Wait, is this a Washington fan actually rooting for the Cowboys? And you're going to call me a hater?
                              Are you saying you aren't irrationally hating on Romo? Even after making up some stat that Romo never led Dallas to the playoffs?

Orton coming in and winning 1 game won't change anything. It doesn't prove you right, it just proves he is a capable backup.

Don't forget, Orton got replaced by Tim fucking Tebow.

Comment

Working...