X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
    100 divisions? Get over it, drama queen, it was just one extra division per conference.

I kinda get your point in some ways, but you make it like 3 divisions turned into 6.
    in comparison it obviously did. 4 divisions with 4 teams splits the pie so much that it becomes lopsided

Comment

• Hitman
      Fist Pumpin to the Oldies
      • Jun 2009

Yea it's much better to have some divisions with 5 teams and others with 4 and 3 when there are a number of teams divisible by 4......

Comment

• MVPete
        Old School
        • Mar 2008

So they keep the division rivalries intact but reward the better teams with a higher playoff seed?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hitman
          Yea it's much better to have some divisions with 5 teams and others with 4 and 3 when there are a number of teams divisible by 4......
          There were no divisions with 3.

But yeah, the bigger divisions was a much better setup. One, it meant more division games. Six is too few. Two, and more importantly, you had less probability of shitbag teams making the playoffs, which is a problem year after year.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
            Jus' bout dat action boss
            • Feb 2009

I'm against this.. how often do you see a 7-9 team win a division or a 12-4 team be a wild card? Very seldom. I mean it happens here and there, but not enough where you should change it.

There needs to be an award for winning your division.. don't like being on the road in January, then win moar games.

Originally posted by ram29jackson
            I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Champ
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

This is for all the salty ass Saints fans.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                • Feb 2009

If it works...screw with it until it's broken. That's the NFL way.
                Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

Peter King is for changing it, which makes me even more firmly entrenched in the position that it should not change.

San Francisco won 12 games this year. Green Bay, eight. But the Packers are rewarded with a postseason home game because they won the NFC North, and the 49ers are a wild card. The kickoff temperature is projected to be about minus-5 at Lambeau Field. It is blatantly unfair to make a team that was superior in the regular season travel to play an inferior one. The reward for winning a division should be a playoff berth, but NOT a home playoff game. The Competition Committee has to stop this miscarriage of home-team justice from happening again and change the rules next spring.

Comment

• Woy
                    RIP West
                    • Dec 2008

As everyone already said, stop bitching and win moar games. And please don't expand to 14 or 16 - a lot of times a conference barely has five playoff-worthy teams, let alone seven or eight.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

I didn't see any bitching when the Packers had to travel to Arizona a few years ago.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                        I wish I was Scrubs
                        • Feb 2009

Wildcard round should stay the same.

Divisional round should be based on record, ie. if a 3 and a 5 seed advance and the 5 seed is 12-4 and the 3 seed is 10-6, the 3 seed should play the 1 and the 2 and 5 should play.

Conference finals should have the highest seed host.

In every case, the highest seed will still host, but the divisional round is changed slightly so that the best team faces the team with the worst record, not the one with the lowest seed.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                          Noob
                          • Nov 2008

Peter King is for changing it, which makes me even more firmly entrenched in the position that it should not change.

San Francisco won 12 games this year. Green Bay, eight. But the Packers are rewarded with a postseason home game because they won the NFC North, and the 49ers are a wild card. The kickoff temperature is projected to be about minus-5 at Lambeau Field. It is blatantly unfair to make a team that was superior in the regular season travel to play an inferior one. The reward for winning a division should be a playoff berth, but NOT a home playoff game. The Competition Committee has to stop this miscarriage of home-team justice from happening again and change the rules next spring.
                          football is about adversity. If Rodgers wasn't injured and the Pack wins 10 games would the argument be the same ?

I like Peter King, he has been around the sport a long time and writes very insightful stuff. But he still is basically employed by the NFL and will sensationalize here and there

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                            I didn't see any bitching when the Packers had to travel to Arizona a few years ago.
                            because it was indoors

Comment

Working...