Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Schwartz to Bills as new DC

The Buffalo Bills didn't waste any time replacing defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. The team announced on Friday that Jim Schwartz has been hired as defensive coordinator. The move comes just one day after Pettine was introduced as the the Browns head coach.

"We are excited to add a talented and accomplished coordinator in Jim Schwartz to our staff," Bills coach Doug Marrone said in a statement. "Schwartz has led aggressive and productive defensive units throughout his time in the NFL and we feel our defense will continue to improve under his leadership."

This will be Schwartz's second stint as an NFL defensive coordinator. The 47-year-old ran the Titans defense for eight seasons from 2001-08. The Titans made the playoffs in four of Schwartz's eight seasons with the team and his defense was ranked in the top-10 of the NFL three times.

Schwartz was fired by the Lions on Dec. 30 after Detroit collapsed down the stretch. The Lions were 6-3 and in first place in the NFC North after Week 10, but then Detroit lost six of its final seven games and stumbled to a 7-9 finish. The Lions made the playoffs one time in Schwartz's five seasons with the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ve-coordinator
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

i had no idea that schwartz was a defensive guy. i mean, with all that talent in detroit...man they had a terrible dee

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

I'm not convinced Schwartz can get this defence playing up to the level it has played this season. In a division with the Patriots and possible emerging presence of both the Jets and Dolphins, it looks like Bills just become strong candidates to take a step back next year.

Comment

• Cornelius
        3rd place is you're fired
        • Oct 2010

Good luck with Dirty Jim.

Comment

Working...