Knowshon Moreno not to Return to Denver Next Season!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kkp2420
    Out of Order
    • Jan 2014

Knowshon Moreno not to Return to Denver Next Season!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos aren't expected to be able to re-sign impending free agent Knowshon Moreno.

It sounds like the Broncos don't believe they'll be able to afford Moreno. Denver currently has just over $122 million committed to the projected $126 million salary cap for 2014. Moreno is coming off a career year in which he rushed for 1,038 yards and ten touchdowns, while averaging 4.3 YPC. He also caught 60 balls for 548 yards and three additional scores.
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

They need to try and find a way to keep him. If he comes out and is a big contributor in the Super Bowl, then the Broncos almost have to keep him or face fan backlash.

Comment

• Tailback U
      No substitute 4 strength.
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MrBill
      They need to try and find a way to keep him. If he comes out and is a big contributor in the Super Bowl, then the Broncos almost have to keep him or face fan backlash.
      He's easily replaceable. The only reason he got so much playing time is because the other backs couldn't hold onto the football or figure out how to pick up a blitz even though Manning would point out who is coming.

He's a solid back but he's not going to get paid much more anywhere else and he knows he won't have as much success in any other type of offense. I bet they work out a deal and he comes back.

Comment

• Glenbino
        Jelly and Ice Cream
        • Nov 2009

Decker and DRC are much, much higher on the fan priority list.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

They should trade there 1st rounder for Trent Richardson.
          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
            Wakka Wakka
            • Dec 2008

He won't be good anywhere else
            THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• red33
              • Feb 2009

montee ball was producing anyways towrads end of season.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                I wish I was Scrubs
                • Feb 2009

There is no reason to spend money on a RB now a days. CJ2K is probably getting cut because of his deal and many other RBs just cannot live out their contracts after a rookie deal. If I was Denver, I'd hope a FA will take a bargain for a ring or just go for a rookie plus Ball.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JeremyHight
                  There is no reason to spend money on a RB now a days. CJ2K is probably getting cut because of his deal and many other RBs just cannot live out their contracts after a rookie deal. If I was Denver, I'd hope a FA will take a bargain for a ring or just go for a rookie plus Ball.
                  Also doesn't hurt that Moreno fought injury issues since he was drafted by Denver. They're definitely going to let him go.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                    Wakka Wakka
                    • Dec 2008

I just find it funny how ESPN and makes it out like "OMG Denver is losing Moreno"
                    THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

Knowshon Moreno did have the game of his career vs the Patriots in the regular season but he is definitely easily replaceable. And Knowshon Moreno isn't any kind of Denver sports icon where fans will push back very much if at all. Bill making this situation sound like Brian Dawkins leaving Philly.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                        Jus' bout dat action boss
                        • Feb 2009

If he has a monster Super Bowl, that would basically seal some other team overpaying him in FA.

Running back is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. Montee Ball is going to be a good back anyway. Denver will be fine.
                        Originally posted by ram29jackson
                        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                          They should trade there 1st rounder for Trent Richardson.

Comment

• buckeye
                            Noob
                            • Dec 2013

He can stop by Cleveland... any serviceable back will do... may even overpay for them

Comment

• Palooza
                              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                              • Feb 2009

ESL?

Comment

Working...