Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hasselbeck
    Jus' bout dat action boss
    • Feb 2009

Agree with Larry.. reboot this thing.. give 8 people a division.. and if for some reason the draft stalls on a certain pick, the active users can come to agreement on the pick for the team holding everything up.

The second round is an utter disaster.. I could technically pick but there are 4 teams who are still OTC.
    Originally posted by ram29jackson
    I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I will spearhead the reboot if you want... there is a way to make this work and not have the division thing.

First off we pick teams. Secondly we dont have scheduled times for picks. We open the draft on noon of the first day. Number one has 4 hours in the first round to make a pick if number one makes the pick at 130 number two has until 530 to pick. We set the draft time based on when the last person picks. Whoever picks sends the next person in line a message, as the runner of the draft it is my responsibility to update the draft. I will even check to see if the last person to draft sent the other person a VM, if not, I will send them a message. Third if you do not draft and three other teams draft after you, i will make your pick.

It can be done, this has been successful in the past. We have gotten 7 rounds done in the past 3 years i've run this thing. It takes more than just me and thomas. It takes the rest of you and i applaud larry for being so vocal. The way to run a successful mock draft is to run a tight ship and not allow people who wont be around as much to draft.

Originally posted by Tailback U
      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• buckeye
        Noob
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Leftwich
        I will spearhead the reboot if you want... there is a way to make this work and not have the division thing.

First off we pick teams. Secondly we dont have scheduled times for picks. We open the draft on noon of the first day. Number one has 4 hours in the first round to make a pick if number one makes the pick at 130 number two has until 530 to pick. We set the draft time based on when the last person picks. Whoever picks sends the next person in line a message, as the runner of the draft it is my responsibility to update the draft. I will even check to see if the last person to draft sent the other person a VM, if not, I will send them a message. Third if you do not draft and three other teams draft after you, i will make your pick.

It can be done, this has been successful in the past. We have gotten 7 rounds done in the past 3 years i've run this thing. It takes more than just me and thomas. It takes the rest of you and i applaud larry for being so vocal. The way to run a successful mock draft is to run a tight ship and not allow people who wont be around as much to draft.
        Do not VM! Tapatalk does not support it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• Colts44
          Noob
          • Jan 2012

I think Leftwich has the right idea. Picking teams in general is better then divisions. It's worked before, but without having the whole draft listed and with the set times it was too difficult of a start to come back from. I personally still enjoy doing these and will help however I can when I'm not at work.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Problem is, people have lives on weekends. Having the clock open on Saturday and Sunday leads to disaster

Comment

• Leftwich
              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
              Problem is, people have lives on weekends. Having the clock open on Saturday and Sunday leads to disaster
              We were always more liberal on the weekends. We'd let things slide. BUT DRAFT BOARDS, DRAFT BOARDS, DRAFT BOARDS. If you are not going to be around for your pick, send in a draft board.

Originally posted by Tailback U
              It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Mesa
                Noob
                • Jan 2014

Also instead of skipping a pick we can have a vote...first player to get 3 votes goes to the team OTC.

Comment

• Romo Timex9
                  VSN Guy
                  • Feb 2014

So how does this work... I'v always done Mock Drafts on NFL.com and I have run a few Mock Draft contest "Draft Master Classic" I would give a free game or autograph card away...I'm not real sure if that's what your doing here or not though. lol
                  sigpic

Comment

• buckeye
                    Noob
                    • Dec 2013

You know I will help you Romo. I gave out Amazon gift cards last year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                      Fuck em
                      • Oct 2008

Panthers Select

WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt

The Panthers surprisingly double up on WR's, after failing to get their card in to draft Bradley Roby in time. Having Benjamin and Matthews on the outside allows Steve Smith to work the slot and hopefully some quick outs and bubble screens, I think the Panthers front office really feels like the defense is almost there, but the offense is far away.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

So let's definately kill this after 2 rounds. Been a disaster. No point in keeping it alive

Comment

• JBronxBombers
                          Noob
                          • Jan 2013

So we starting the draft over?

Comment

Working...