X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Influence
    King George
    • Jun 2012

The Official Indianapolis Colts Discussion Thread

Fuck it, why not? We have been really busy this year in free agency. Grigson has put in some work and seems to be, at least to me, putting together some nice contracts and improvements for the team this off season.

So lets get started.

Signed:
    • S David Sims
    • LB Henoc Muamba
    • OL Jack Breckner
    • LB D'Qwell Jackson (4 years, $22 million)
    • P Pat McAfee (5 years, $14.5 million)
    • DE Fili Moala (1 year, $1.4 million)
    • LB Justin Hickman (1 year, $495,000)
    • K Adam Vinatieri (2 years, $5 million)
    • DL Arthur Jones (5 years, $33 million)
    • S Sergio Brown (1 year deal)
    • CB Vontae Davis (4 years, $39 million)
    • RB Ahmad Bradshaw (1 year deal)
    • C Phil Costa (2 years, 2.7 million)
    • WR Hakeem Nicks (1 year, 3.5 million)

Players Leaving:
    • C Samson Satele (released)
    • S Antoine Bethea (signed by San Francisco, 4 years, $26 million)
    • RB Donald Brown (signed by San Diego, 3 years, $10.5 million)
    • OL Jeff Linkenbach (signed with Kansas City)
    • LB Kavell Conner (signed with San Diego)

Unsigned:
    • LB Pat Angerer
    • DL Aubrayo Franklin
    • WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
    • DT Ricardo Mathews
    • OL Mike McGlynn
    • LB Lawrence Sidbury
    • CB Cassius Vaughn

We still need to pick up a safety, center, and possibly a receiver but it's not necessary. I think we have around 17 million in cap space remaining this year? I know it's less than 20 million. I'm not sure how stacked the draft is on safetys or centers, but I do know we could easily pick up a receiver in the draft. I'm interested in seeing if we pick up either a S, or C before free agency is all said and done.
    Last edited by Influence; 03-14-2014, 10:20 PM.
    The Original

• ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

MOAR TEAM THREADS

I like the Jackson addition for the Colts, and they had to bring back Davis.

Is the front office really content with Richardson and Bradshaw in the backfield for next year? Richardson was just awful with you guys.

Comment

• Influence
      King George
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      MOAR TEAM THREADS

I like the Jackson addition for the Colts, and they had to bring back Davis.

Is the front office really content with Richardson and Bradshaw in the backfield for next year? Richardson was just awful with you guys.
      Bradshaw and Richardson looked amazing together last year. I know it was a small sample size, I think only one game in total, but seriously they were awesome against the 49ers in week 3. Bradshaw is injury prone, but he is hands down the best RB we have on our roster right now. Also, don't forget about Vick Ballard. I believe that Bradshaw, Richardson, and Ballard will all have a share in the carries this year.
      The Original

Comment

• Influence
        King George
        • Jun 2012

The Original

Comment

• Influence
          King George
          • Jun 2012

WR Hakeem Nicks just told me, "I'm flying to Indy tonight. The plan is to meet with the Colts tomorrow."
          — Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 13, 2014
          The Original

Comment

• Influence
            King George
            • Jun 2012

The Indianapolis Colts signed free agent center Phil Costa today.
            “Phil is a young, hard nosed and physical center who has shown he can play at a winning level in our league,” general manager Ryan Grigson said in a press release. “He will provide strong competition at the center position.”
            Costa, 6-3, 302 pounds, played in 26 games (20 starts) over the previous four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. In 2011, he started all 16 games for the first time in his career and blocked for quarterback Tony Romo to throw for 4,184 yards, 31 touchdowns and a career-high 102.5 passer rating.
            Costa was originally signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of Maryland in 2010.

Looks like a depth signing, nothing more.

2 years, $2.7M, max of $3.5 is what is rumored
            The Original

Comment

• ThunderHorse
              Grind.
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Influence
              WR Hakeem Nicks just told me, "I'm flying to Indy tonight. The plan is to meet with the Colts tomorrow."
              — Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 13, 2014

He's gonna sign man these dudes never leave the Nap after they fall in the trap I swear.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

Nicks, Hilton, and Wayne. Sheesh..

Comment

• Len B
                  :moonwalk:
                  • Oct 2008

Fuck sake. Fuck sake. Fuck sake.

I love Nicks, think he can still be a top 15 NFL WR. Great pickup for the now deadly Colts.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                    Grind.
                    • Nov 2008

I'm hearing 1 year for 3.5 Million, with possibility of 5.5 million if Nicks hits performance incentives.A lot like Heyward-Bey last year, Grigson has set this up to where if Nicks doesn't work out, Indianapolis isn't on the hook for a multi year deal.

This is huge for Indy's offense because they now have a legitimate two, and Hilton can play a role better suited for his skill set.

Wayne, Nicks, Hilton - Allen (TH3 B3AST), Fleener - Bradshaw, Ballard, Richardson. If they can find some solutions at center and guard, the offense should be kicking.
                    Last edited by ThunderHorse; 03-14-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

great pick up for indy

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                        True Blue
                        • Feb 2009

$3.5 million wow. makes you wonder how bad his injuries really are if thats all he got

Comment

• Influence
                          King George
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ThunderHorse

I'm hearing 1 year for 3.5 Million, with possibility of 5.5 million if Nicks hits performance incentives.A lot like Heyward-Bey last year, Grigson has set this up to where if Nicks doesn't work out, Indianapolis isn't on the hook for a multi year deal.

This is huge for Indy's offense because they now have a legitimate two, and Hilton can play a role better suited for his skill set.

Wayne, Nicks, Hilton - Allen (TH3 B3AST), Fleener - Bradshaw, Ballard, Richardson. If they can find some solutions at center and guard, the offense should be kicking.
                          Fuck yeah, this is the exact contract I was hoping for. A 1 year prove it deal. I really hope this works out. This is the last year on Reggie's contract and he is getting up there in age. I hope his recovery is going smoothly. I'd like to keep him around a little longer, but if Nicks has a great year and earns another contract.. I can't think of anything better. Always good having a little bit if insurance.

This contract also proves how much Nicks really wants to be here, assuming those reports from earlier stating he was asking for a multi-year deal were correct.
                          The Original

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Great signing, will be huge as a downfield threat if he can stay healthy. And with Wayne's last year, Nicks knows that the money will be there from the Colts if he is healthy and delivers a great performance.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                              Grind.
                              • Nov 2008

Indy resigned Ahmad Bradshaw a couple of weeks ago.

With Vick Ballard, Bradshaw, and Richardson returning, it should be an interesting season for the running game. There's no clear cut favorite to win the starter's job, but I have to wonder who the odd man out is going to be.

Assuming last year's results are a definite indication of what we can expect this year, one would have to assume that would be Trent. However I can't remember Indianapolis having more talent (and competition) at this position since Edgerrin James got hurt and Indianapolis had to experiment with combinations of Dominic Rhodes, Ricky Williams, James Mungro, and others.

Comment

Working...