Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

The whole Chris Kluwe/Vikings story gets weird

Read the story from there, because the author has posted Tweets from Kluwe. The whole situation with the special teams coach and Kluwe isn't going away, but he just provided the league with a whole lot more to go after the Vikings with if they choose to do so. If they choose to do so or not is a huge question mark, considering the case with Irsay is still awaiting judgment.
  • TimsGiants
    18 and 1
    • Mar 2009

Crazy... shit gonna hit the fan soon.

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

That writer is terrible, but the situation is a weird one. On one hand, I respect and appreciate what Kluwe is trying to do. On the other though, it's impossible for Kluwe to sound like he's not just bitter and cranky about losing his job. Still, I don't really know what the writer wants from Kluwe. He tossed out something that he knew happened when he played there. It's not like he threw names out, and it's not like he could have done anything back when it DID happen, because my assumption is it all would have been hearsay anyway. By chucking it out now, it's not exactly classy, but it does further the notion that the Vikings are kind of scum bags.

Comment

• Glenbino
        Jelly and Ice Cream
        • Nov 2009

Said from the get-go that this guy was an attention whore.

How are you going to be front and center about the "toxic environment of the NFL locker room" and singling out guys like Priefer for promoting it, when you're prodding the guy with jokes about pedophilia?

Now the investigation that he demanded and got didn't go 100% his way so he's throwing former teammates under the bus, or at least threatening to, in a lawsuit deposition? How exactly does that help anything but this guy's pocket book?

Kluwe is just another hypocritical internet SJW and I'm glad that we get to see he isn't the innocent victim he painted himself as on Deadspin for a year.

Comment

• the Brain
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Glenbino
          Said from the get-go that this guy was an attention whore.
          This. The guy just doesn't get it. If Peyton Manning started getting on his soap box about controversial social issues, I guarantee you John Fox would privately shudder every time the microphone was in front of #18's mouth. Kluwe is a frikkin' PUNTER! The position a team wants least to see on the field, bar none. Unless his punts were scraping the roof of the Metrodome w/regularity, no coach is going to put up w/his mouth for an extra yd or 2 of field position.

Comment

• warrior9669
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by the Brain
            This. The guy just doesn't get it. If Peyton Manning started getting on his soap box about controversial social issues, I guarantee you John Fox would privately shudder every time the microphone was in front of #18's mouth. Kluwe is a frikkin' PUNTER! The position a team wants least to see on the field, bar none. Unless his punts were scraping the roof of the Metrodome w/regularity, no coach is going to put up w/his mouth for an extra yd or 2 of field position.
            exactly. He got beat out of his job and is just bitter.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...