Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Lesean McCoy latest athlete who doesn't tip

Seems like he's done it more than once too, if the last tweet can be believed.

• Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

People have the right to tip poorly if they feel like it.

Comment

• MVPete
      Old School
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Derp
      Derp.

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
        In theory, yes ... but, in reality, if you're thankful for what you have in life (and God knows Lesean McCoy has it), you try to remember that.
        Hell, I tip my barber $5 a cut, the pizza delivery guy the same. And I don't have McCoy's money.

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl tips regular people $1,000 ... I'm not saying McCoy should do that, but Grohl gets how fortunate he is. Others should too, IMO.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Tailback U
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MVDerp
          Derp.
          Derp yourself. If the service sucks then there is nothing wrong with leaving a small tip.

Just cuz you have money doesn't mean you should reward people for doing their job poorly.

Dave - go google "lesean McCoy charity" before you start judging someone for leaving a small tip for shitty service. You have no idea how fortunate he feels or how much money he donates to people that really need it so save it.

Comment

• ralaw
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

If the service sucks there is no reason to tip. Do your job. I get tired of people who think they deserve a tip by virtue of bring a server.

Comment

• buckeye
              Noob
              • Dec 2013

Several people in the area have come forward on behalf of McCoy. They said they wait on Shady all the time at various restaurants and he tips very well. Dude mist have given some shitty service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tailback U
                • Nov 2008

I think it's almost an invasion of privacy for these places to call out customers on the internet by posting pictures of the receipt and blasting them for their tip. If someone that worked for my restaraunt did that I would probably fire them or at least give them a warning if they had no previous incidents.

It's a private matter that shouldn't be shared and makes the company look bad.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                  Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                  • Jul 2010

If service sucks - then they get what they deserve.

dont be a waiter - if you cant get shit right or even make up for mistakes.
                  dont be a waitress unless you HOT as HELL or cant get shit right or even make up for mistakes - offer a blow job; lol.

i am not tipping if the service is absolutely horrible. and if i ever go back to the same venue - i will request another table if i see the same person serving.
                  OR
                  will not go there again.

FYI - that pic dont mean shit.
                  i often leave the tip as cash, and either round of to nearest dollar or leave $0 for tip, when paying by Card.
                  he could have left a tip in cash........lts of people do that.
                  3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ryne candy
                    Aggie C/O '01
                    • Feb 2009

Yeah but if the service was that bad, why even leave a tip...just put "bad service" on the tip line. If he did leave a .20 tip, looks like he did it to make them feel like idiots...not to show displeasure with service. He should have asked to talk to the manager or be frank and tell them that they get no tip because of service.

edit: when i leave a cash tip, I put "cash" on tip line.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

To the other points, I write in cash on the off chance someone tries to get smart and put some numbers in front of my 0 for the tip if I do leave cash.

Originally posted by buckeye
                      Several people in the area have come forward on behalf of McCoy. They said they wait on Shady all the time at various restaurants and he tips very well. Dude mist have given some shitty service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                      Another restaurant tweeted the same thing. It might be a coincidence that he's gotten bad service, or he could be someone who doesn't believe in tipping, whatever.

I think it's almost an invasion of privacy for these places to call out customers on the internet by posting pictures of the receipt and blasting them for their tip. If someone that worked for my restaraunt did that I would probably fire them or at least give them a warning if they had no previous incidents.

It's a private matter that shouldn't be shared and makes the company look bad.
                      It would depend on the employee. No previous issues, then it might be fine. However, I would make it a point in training (and my store does that) that nothing gets posted on social media about the job unless it's a positive. We have few issues, but the random person gets suspended for posting stupid things, not even to this level. I do agree that it's an invasion of privacy as well.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                        Nasty
                        • Nov 2008

Tipping police at it again. Who gives a shit.

Comment

• DDRGuido
                          gx
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                          In theory, yes ... but, in reality, if you're thankful for what you have in life (and God knows Lesean McCoy has it), you try to remember that.
                          Hell, I tip my barber $5 a cut, the pizza delivery guy the same. And I don't have McCoy's money.

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl tips regular people $1,000 ... I'm not saying McCoy should do that, but Grohl gets how fortunate he is. Others should too, IMO.
                          Lousy service shouldn't get auto tips. I don't care if I'm the President.

Comment

• stevsta
                            ¿Que?
                            • Oct 2008

bad precedent sheen set to tip mfer $1000 after they posted it online. tips should be earned not just handed out.
                            RIP

Comment

Working...