X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

NFL Begins Growth Hormone Testing Monday

The NFL's drug testing program for human growth hormone begins this Monday with the following steps:

-Each week of the NFL season, 5 players on 8 teams will be tested
    -No testing will occur on game days
    -Players may appeal any positive test and it will be heard by an independent arbitrator
    -Positive tests will result in a 4-game ban for first offense, 10-game ban for second offense and a 2-year ban for third offense

The NFL's HGH testing program will feature isoform tests for the time being (they want to eventually switch to the biomarker test), where they are typically only going to show a positive if the subject injected growth hormone into their body within hours.

It's extremely rare for any athlete to fail a test for HGH...they have to be morons essentially, or just not give a fuck. But, it's a start.

• buckeye
    Noob
    • Dec 2013

Laron Landry can say goodbye....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Back to 265lb Left tackles within 2 seasons....book it !
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

I think we might see some early suspensions from it, but players will get wise. Like Empire said, it's a start.

I like everyone who thinks LaRon Landry is going to be caught. I'm willing to bet if anything, he was caught for Adderall for his four game suspension. The man has a private gym in his house and has daily workout regiments that would put anyone to shame.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          Throbbing Tebowner
          • Oct 2008

HGH isn't really that effective tbh. And Thomas, Landry is on more drugs than you could count.
          So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

The testing protocol is silly. It allows players to run HGH all offseason (8 months).

There are much stronger compounds than HGH but it does improve sprint time, recovery, and tissue damage.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              Throbbing Tebowner
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
              The testing protocol is silly. It allows players to run HGH all offseason (8 months).

There are much stronger compounds than HGH but it does improve sprint time, recovery, and tissue damage.
              Meh it's a much slower working drug and the effects are minimal really. I don't think it's going to be used now that they are tested for it. The only advantage before is that they weren't tested. Even then I don't think it was an epidemic worth spending a shit load of money on.
              So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Tailback U
                No substitute 4 strength.
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by RosettaStoned
                Meh it's a much slower working drug and the effects are minimal really. I don't think it's going to be used now that they are tested for it. The only advantage before is that they weren't tested. Even then I don't think it was an epidemic worth spending a shit load of money on.
                It's more aesthetically pleasing than performabe improving but you can make great gains off of it in a 6-8 month cycle. Only studies Ive read were based on 2-3 months use, have you seen any with extended use?

I'm basing my knowledge of it from friends who have done it.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                  Throbbing Tebowner
                  • Oct 2008

I'm mixing research and what I've seen in teammates.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                    PTFO
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                    I think we might see some early suspensions from it, but players will get wise. Like Empire said, it's a start.

I like everyone who thinks LaRon Landry is going to be caught. I'm willing to bet if anything, he was caught for Adderall for his four game suspension. The man has a private gym in his house and has daily workout regiments that would put anyone to shame.
                    A friend of mine works security at a high end hotel here that NFL teams stay at regularly. He said of all the players he has seen, Landry sticks out really really bad.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                      Grind.
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                      A friend of mine works security at a high end hotel here that NFL teams stay at regularly. He said of all the players he has seen, Landry sticks out really really bad.
                      I remember people saying back in the day that Bob was clearly on something because he was bigger physically a bigger man than the MLB (Brackett).

Landry takes that to an entirely new level.

From everything I've read, dude has no friends in the locker room and is more concerned about his power lifting/bodybuilding career than football. Sergio Brown has been the starting Safety for a couple of weeks now and there has been no noticeable drop in quality, and I believe if Indianapolis was to cut Landry at the end of the year they would be in a better cap situation than keeping him for the next one.

Comment

• kingbryk
                        Noob
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                        Back to 265lb Left tackles within 2 seasons....book it !
                        HGH alone wont make you huge.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

HGH is Fools Gold. Much like VSN.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                            Throbbing Tebowner
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by The Catch
                            Thats debatable
                            Not really.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

Working...