You're the Cleveland Browns' GM: Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Tonight's game pretty much puts the Browns on the spot.

All in with Hoyer or Manziel?

I'm not sure this will end well, but if I'm Hoyer I want my extension ... now.

If I'm Manziel, I want to know my future.

OK, VSNers ... what do you do as Cleveland's GM now?
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts
  • HardHittnOzone
    KINGS DO KING THINGS
    • Feb 2014

This isn't even close. I have watched quite a bit of film and Hoyer can get it done and does a great job protecting the football. Hoyer has the least amount of turnovers (6) of all starting quarterbacks currently in the NFL. Combine this with the new power run scheme which includes a 1-2-3 punch running back core, and Brown's fans should be very excited moving forward.

There is a reason why 31 other teams did not want to spend a 1st round pick on Johnny "clipboard". Cleveland messed up on draft day, hopefully they will not mess up with Hoyer's contract extension negotiations.
    sigpic
    220 - MGA
    TWITCH CHANNEL
    "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• buckeye
      Noob
      • Dec 2013

If I'm Cleveland, Manziel can sit down and shut up. Take the opportunity to sit back without pressure and watch someone (Hoyer) manage the game.

Get a deal done with Hoyer (not a top tier QB deal) and let Manziel learn.

The problem with committing to Hoyer though is that we probably won't have Shanahan next year. Boyer is a great fit for our current offense... Next year... Maybe not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

I would trade Manziel to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick and then make bets on who can generate more hype, Manziel or RGIII

Manziel can hold the clipboard while RGIII recuperates from his latest injury, and Colt McCoy can be the comeback kid leading the 'Skins to the glory land.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by buckeye
          If I'm Cleveland, Manziel can sit down and shut up. Take the opportunity to sit back without pressure and watch someone (Hoyer) manage the game.

Get a deal done with Hoyer (not a top tier QB deal) and let Manziel learn.

The problem with committing to Hoyer though is that we probably won't have Shanahan next year. Boyer is a great fit for our current offense... Next year... Maybe not.

Kyle Shanahan needs more than one season to recover his image to other front offices after what happened in Washington. It's a safe bet you have him for at least another season.

Comment

• buckeye
            Noob
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Kyle Shanahan needs more than one season to recover his image to other front offices after what happened in Washington. It's a safe bet you have him for at least another season.
            Not sure.... There is already speculation on him being one of the top candidates this off season.

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
              KINGS DO KING THINGS
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by buckeye
              Not sure.... There is already speculation on him being one of the top candidates this off season.

Truth of the matter is Kyle Shanahan brings a scheme, not a "system". Even If he were to be considered (which would surprise me) he is easily replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              220 - MGA
              TWITCH CHANNEL
              "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• kingbryk
                Noob
                • Jan 2014

honestly i see no way the browns pay hoyer 100 million dollars even when we make the playoffs. lets remember he is 30 years old so realistically he does have 3-4 years left. but he isnt Peyton manning or Brett Farve. he does manage the game very well and yes he wins games. But lets look at last night for example 200 yards passin no td's no ints. He is quickly turning into trent dilfer on the ravens SB run. they told him just dont make mistakes , we will run the ball and play good defense. The money is the biggest issue. i would like to keep him for 2-3 years but just cant see them paying the big bucks to him. We dont know if johnny will be a super star or dud yet. Way to soon to tell the guy has not played a game yet . 5 NFL snaps you cant make judgement. Johhny or bust next year or 100 million ????? HMMM let remember we have 2 1st round picks next year as well??? could they package johnny 2 picks for Marcus Mariota??? most say he is the real #1 pick.

Final thought how great is it to be a Browns fan 6-3 and have potentally 2 starting Qb's 3 great RB's a solid oline. Josh Gordon back in 2 games. Cameron back in 1 game. And a Defense they is playing in a new syatem that finally figured it out..... I LOVE THIS GAME and my BROWNS.
                sigpic

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HardHittnOzone
                  This isn't even close. I have watched quite a bit of film and Hoyer can get it done and does a great job protecting the football. Hoyer has the least amount of turnovers (6) of all starting quarterbacks currently in the NFL. Combine this with the new power run scheme which includes a 1-2-3 punch running back core, and Brown's fans should be very excited moving forward.

There is a reason why 31 other teams did not want to spend a 1st round pick on Johnny "clipboard". Cleveland messed up on draft day, hopefully they will not mess up with Hoyer's contract extension negotiations.

Film?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Next season, Hoyer is 30. Is that someone you are committing to long-term, when he's likely peaked at his current level? Maybe Manziel is the answer, maybe he isn't, but is Hoyer really going to be the guy you commit to long-term with his age? I would give him a 3-4 year extension, but I wouldn't break the bank. If Manziel sits and develops, he probably takes over between years 2 and 3 of that deal.

Comment

• ryne candy
                      Aggie C/O '01
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• dave
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

I despise Jim Rome. He is a serious blight on society.
                        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                          I despise Jim Rome. He is a serious blight on society.
                          I don't listen to his radio show, like I used to but he tweets some funny stuff sometimes.

Comment

Working...