Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

CFB Coaching Tracker

Bo Pelini was fired by Nebraska Sunday after another failed effort for a Big Ten championship. The school is expected to go in a different direction, while the players have taken to Twitter and are pissed at the AD for firing Pelini.

SMU hired Clemson OC Chad Morris as their head coach. Given the doormat status of SMU at this point, I think Morris was the best hire they could get. He's familiar with Texas high school football, and knows how to recruit in the southeastern section of the country.

Auburn also fired DC Ellis Johnson, and the writing was on the wall for that one well before the debacle against Alabama in the second half.
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

With Will Muschamp officially done at Florida, the rumor mill has wasted no time churning. Last night, a report surfaced from a writer at Yahoo! Sports that Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain is a top candidate for the job. Also, a report has surfaced and was subsequently denied that Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze was offered the Florida job.

Brady Hoke has yet to see the ax fall on him at Michigan yet.

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
      KINGS DO KING THINGS
      • Feb 2014

I think the Michigan coaching job is going to be interesting. I would not be surprised to see Harbaugh or Les Miles ending up there.

As far as the Bo Pelini firing goes, that does not surprise me one bit. Fans and boosters don't buy into the bowl hype system anymore and if a program is serious about competing, anything less than a championship and/or playoff spot (regardless of wins) is a failed season. The days of having fans excited about having their team go to the "butt stain bowl" are long gone. Expand the playoffs!
      sigpic
      220 - MGA
      TWITCH CHANNEL
      "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
        KINGS DO KING THINGS
        • Feb 2014

CFB Coaching Tracker

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417746393.352330.jpg

Mike Riley brings his Nike bag in his new Adidas sponsored school.

This Nebraska hire truly has me scratching my head, I still think this is some kind of joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        220 - MGA
        TWITCH CHANNEL
        "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• the Brain
          • Jan 2010

The only thing that concerns me about Riley is his age. The fact that he has managed some seasons to be competitive w/the Ducks money machine in the football hotbed of Corvallis, OR makes me wonder what he can do in Lincoln. The only program of consistent merit he'll have to deal with on his side of the Big T1e4n is Wisconsin. That's not that big of a recruiting matchup to overcome.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

When you fire a coach who is guaranteed to get you 9-10 wins a season, you need to make sure that you have a plan. I don't think Nebraska had a plan, or else their Plan A backfired. They interviewed Kyle Whittingham, but I think their main target was Brett Bielema. They had interviewed Bielema and even made the offer to him. He checked with some people he knew surrounding the Nebraska program, and they told him not to take it.

As for the Florida hire, I can go both ways with it. I think McElwain has potential, and he could do a great job there. He also could bomb out, but I think the Florida fans have warmed to him and realize the potential that he brings vs hiring a retread.

Also Ozone, my work is a Naval Academy athletics sponsor, as well as doing other things with the Academy. They've transitioned over to Under Armour from Nike this year, and I've seen their AD on more than one occasion sporting Nike clothing still. On the sponsor/media golf outing, the UA rep actually won a golf bag, still from Nike, and he had to turn it down.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

As far as Les Miles to Michigan rumors that always pop up, why would he do that? It's not like Miles is at a school rebuilding his image. He's got a premier head coaching gig at LSU, he is always in the discussion for the SEC and the national title, and has the best home field advantage in the country. I see absolutely no reason for Miles to leave a great gig to rebuild Michigan.

Comment

Working...