How's your team doing in the fantasy playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

How's your team doing in the fantasy playoffs?

Out of the 3 leagues I played in this year, I made the playoffs in 2 and missed out on the 3rd one by one game. Drafting Cam Newton as my QB really did me in but I made a strong run after picking up Big Ben off of the waiver wire.

I'm the number 1 seed and have a bye in 1 of the 2 leagues I am in and in the other, I got off to a great start last night with almost 31 points from Demarco Murray. My opponent started Jason Witten and Brandon Marshall plus got a 6 point HFA bonus.

• MmmmBeeeeer
    PTFO
    • Mar 2009

Playoffs just started this week. I was projected to win 149-131 by Yahoo, but I also had Marshall and Witten, neither of which hit their projections. He had Matt Forte who exceeded his projection, so now I am projected to lose by 1.

I finished 3rd in the regular season, missing second by 3 points in the total points tiebreaker. 3 mfing points. It is funny looking back at my Asiata or Ellington thread...if I had followed everyone's advice and started Ellington, I would be up $80 right now.

Edit: Also losing Marshall for the rest of the season sucks, but he wasn't doing all that great at the same time.

Comment

• MrBill
      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
      • Feb 2009

I hear you on finishing 3rd. I finished 4th in my division and squeaked into the playoffs by winning last week. The twist of that is that I have more than a 100 points over the next highest team score. My problem was that just about every week my opponent would have their highest point total of the season

Comment

• GangstaE
        No longer a noob
        • Feb 2009

Just won this Matchup but could of had so much more points if i played Big Ben, Greg Olson and Doug Baldwin first week of playoffs.
        I went with risky players this week and i wont be doing that again.

Fantasy 1.jpg

Comment

• GangstaE
          No longer a noob
          • Feb 2009

This is my second fantasy team facing my boss for the Division title in the last week of the season. Winner gets a bye
          We both didnt do too good this week

Fantasy 2.jpg

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

I ended up losing by right at 20 points after taking such a big lead on Thursday night. In no particular order, I'd like to tell Peyton Manning, the 49ers defense and Josh Gordon thanks for nothing

Even with the no-show of the above 3 players, I would have still won the game had Bell not had a 3rd consecutive 200 yard game. There went my shot at $1,500.

The pisser of this is that I had the most points in the league by over 100 but also had the most points given up in the league. There isn't a damn thing you can do about that, it's just the dumb luck of fantasy sports.

Comment

• GangstaE
              No longer a noob
              • Feb 2009

I ended up winning that second league and am now in the final four for both leagues.

League 1- League fee $100. potential pot winnings $624
              League 2- League Fee $210. Division winners receive $150. So already just 60 bucks short of my money back. potential pot winnings $1170

would be sweet to win both highly unlikely but at least make me some profit.

Comment

• Tailback U
                No substitute 4 strength.
                • Nov 2008

I'm in the final 4 in two of my leagues and in 5th in my all points league.

Really hoping I can make it to the finals in one of the two and just split the pot as I've lost in the championship game twice before.

Problem is that the guy I'm playing in one league has 3 guys I'm starting in the other.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                  PTFO
                  • Mar 2009

Made it to the final 4, Lost Brandon Mashall and Andre Ellington for the remainder. Also may have lost Julio Jones

Comment

• albidnis
                    GFX Crew
                    • Nov 2008

I was in 4 leagues.. Still in the playoffs in 3 of the leagues. I did not make the playoffs in the ESPN league (Hate the espn FF format). I got very lucky in one of them because I won by 3pts but the guy had peyton manning...lol Dude was almost crying...lol

Comment

• MrBill
                      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                      • Feb 2009

Rodgers picked a great weekend to have his worst game of the year. The only thing that might save me is that Big Ben didn't have a great game.

Comment

• dope
                        Allons-y!
                        • Feb 2009

Untitled9.png

hanging on my a thread....much like rodgers i had luck do the same thing to me

Comment

Working...