Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

CFB Playoffs

ESPN will be airing the playoff announcement at 12:30 tomorrow, who do you have in your final four? I have Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State and Florida State.

TCU is the one that's going to stick around and could cause either OSU or FSU to drop out. I am not sure I can justify dropping OSU out of the title picture, because they just destroyed the #13 team in the country in the Big Ten championship game. Oh, and with their third string QB to boot.

Also, as much as I see the point about FSU's schedule and some of their close games, they are undefeated, they are the ACC champions, but they are also the defending champions. I think TCU is the bridesmaid here, and it's to do with the Big XII not having a title game.
  • HardHittnOzone
    KINGS DO KING THINGS
    • Feb 2014

I agree with your prediction and assessment. Anything else would really shock me.

On a side note, playoff system really needs to move to 8 teams. Honestly I thing 16 would be optimum. The bowl games are garbage, people don't care for them (or increasingly losing interest), and the bowl committees have way too much power in picking what teams they host which is based strictly on money.
    sigpic
    220 - MGA
    TWITCH CHANNEL
    "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• Tailback U
      No substitute 4 strength.
      • Nov 2008

Same, even though I think TCU is better than Ohio state with their 3rd QB in. Yeah the Buckeyes rolled today, watch them struggle mightily on offense against whoever they play next.

Comment

• buckeye
        Noob
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Tailback U
        Same, even though I think TCU is better than Ohio state with their 3rd QB in. Yeah the Buckeyes rolled today, watch them struggle mightily on offense against whoever they play next.
        I want to see the buckeyes there but I don't want to get embarrassed with out 3rf string qb.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Here's what the committee decided on for the playoffs:

1.) Alabama
          2.) Oregon
          3.) FSU
          4.) OSU

On the outside looking in, Baylor was 5th, TCU was 6th.

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

The Big 12 really screwed themselves by sticking to that co-champion format.

Comment

• the Brain
              • Jan 2010

The T1e2n didn't screw themselves. The committee screwed themselves & in the process, screwed the T1e2n.

NCAA football once more proved using opinions to decide a champion is asinine & bogus. There is a reason why every other team sport in the universe has a system where the players decide the champion on the field.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

Should have been Bama, Oregon, FSU and Baylor. I agree with Luginbill/Millen that the Big XII got greedy. They went back on their original SOP for naming a champ and it bit them in the ass. Really, I feel bad for TCU and Baylor. Both deserved to get in, but, there was no way they were going to leave O$U out and FSU, regardless of their shitty performances on a weekly basis, deserves a chance to repeat by going undefeated.

Big XII should feel compelled to add two member-schools and a CCG. I know they were eyeballing USF about 5-6 years ago for expansion into the FL market. Would be nice if they looked this way again. However, I think, that ship has sailed for USF, might be UCF that gets the call if they want to get into this market as previously reported.
                Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                  Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                  • Jul 2010

this system still sucks.........TCU or Baylor - maybe even both should be in.
                  3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
                    KINGS DO KING THINGS
                    • Feb 2014

CFB Playoffs

Originally posted by MrBill
                    The Big 12 really screwed themselves by sticking to that co-champion format.
                    There is no doubt not having a championship game hurt both TCU and Baylor. Per NCAA rules you need 12 teams to have a Conference Championship game. I bet Big 12 officials are scrambling to get two additional teams as we speak.

The Big 12 is behind the times. When officials were scrambling 3 years ago to get their conferences realigned and up to 12 teams, the Big 12 was sitting like a lame duck. No one to blame but themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    220 - MGA
                    TWITCH CHANNEL
                    "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• ragman
                      • Sep 2024

Read this morning in my local newspaper that the Big 12 lost $2 million not getting a team in the Final Four.

Comment

Working...